d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Hearthstone > Help Me Decide Which Card To Toss
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Sep 24 2017 10:41pm
i've been screwing with versions of this deck for a couple months now. i started it mostly to fuck around with volcano and different mobs like grim and gurubashi. and more eggs. i've since altered this deck hundreds of times utilizing the deathrattle and evolve
i'm using a new version with jades in the mix to help with early game and compliment both deathrattle and evolve.
since this i've had some troubles with priests. prior to this i've had faceless manipulator in most deck combo's. this allowed me quite a few options for steals to compliment sylvanas or youthful brewmaster and w/e else. i want him back, but i'm having troubles deciding what to sacrifice.
i'm trying some games right now without Eternal Sentinel and Acolyte of Pain. i am rather fond of these both though for a multitude of reasons. i've also been debating white eyes, but it's nice to have a 5 cost deathrattle as i have a good amount of 6 cost.
any ideas for a sacrifice? maybe a different idea?

### quest rogue
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Evolve
# 1x (2) Ancestral Spirit
# 1x (2) Devolve
# 1x (2) Eternal Sentinel
# 1x (2) Flametongue Totem
# 1x (2) Jade Claws
# 1x (2) Maelstrom Portal
# 1x (2) Nerubian Egg
# 1x (2) Reincarnate
# 1x (2) Youthful Brewmaster
# 1x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Lightning Storm
# 1x (3) Spirit Echo
# 1x (4) Hex
# 1x (4) Jade Lightning
# 1x (4) Jade Spirit
# 1x (4) Master of Evolution
# 1x (4) Spiritsinger Umbra
# 1x (5) Doppelgangster
# 1x (5) Thrall, Deathseer
# 1x (5) Volcano
# 1x (5) White Eyes
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 1x (6) Cairne Bloodhoof
# 1x (6) Emperor Thaurissan
# 1x (6) Moat Lurker
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Sylvanas Windrunner
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
Gold: 152.00
Sep 24 2017 11:31pm
y highlander tho
Sep 24 2017 11:52pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Sep 25 2017 12:31am)
y highlander tho

reno. with the options of brewmaster and ancestral spirit i can return him to hand quite a few times during those super lengthy games, usually along with the other minions i already wanted returned anyway.
it wasn't always a reno deck, it may not always be a reno deck. often i don't even get to use him, but it can be really helpful.
Gold: 25.20
Sep 25 2017 03:18am
You'll probably never beat Priest with this deck
It's too slow but also doesn't have an explosive late game
Sep 25 2017 10:09am
Quote (FroggyG @ Sep 25 2017 04:18am)
You'll probably never beat Priest with this deck
It's too slow but also doesn't have an explosive late game

that's a bit pending, although i do know what you mean by non-explosive. i've tried using different styles to add that in, but it kills the fundamentals.
since priests aren't too much of a threat early game, i can afford to stall a bit. ideally, they entomb white eyes or non-deathrattle minion.
my eggs and cairne make great mid-way starts as the egg adds a deterrent to aoe and leave a 4att minion. cairne plays great here as it's 4 att leaving behind a 4 att, prevents the dk wipe.
although i can create a near full board of cairne's, and i sometimes do cause 4 attacks that can't be cleared with 1 aoe is pretty killer. these non-deathrattle 4/5's make decent minions for evolve as well.
if it's a quest priest, usually i'll try to use faceless on their quest minion and add that to hand for later use. this depends on sylvanas.
sylvanas is preferred game winner vs priests. i try to save umbra, sylvanas and reincarnate for when the priest uses n'zoth, and save my n'zoth for a few turns later. with thaurissan out once this helps a lot and adds to my options.

aya has played a decent roll recently as well. if sylvanas gets entombed, i can work with aya and the same cards i would normally save for sylvanas. as you may see by my deck, i have numerous ways to get to each of these combos. "moat lurker ftw"
with brann and umbra and etc. i can create quite a large army of powerful jades if i had a few of the jade basics played prior.

of course i also have dopple/dk combo, which works very well with brann if i use him for that. granted random minions. but it's a good setup after a clear.

i've tried things like fuegen/stalag combo. something is almost always done with 1 of the 2 that you cannot do much about. they also do not leave behind minions unless it's the second to die, which doesn't match this style.
there isn't a straight-forward explosive end to this deck. but there are ways to create an explosive end. if things go well, i'm able to use n'zoth 3 times in a game, not including any way i might have obtained another copy and/or spell.

i can beat priests, but they are admittedly hard. one minor mistake of play will easily cost my momentum and the game. i am definitely looking for any thoughts that might help this some.
this deck started with a very close to 100% win rate vs priests, but it was way different then. i've since had issues with fast paced classes, which is why i turned to the jade strat. it gives me disposables. i could sacrifice one of these jade cards, but i don't think that's the way to go about this.

This post was edited by tagged4nothing on Sep 25 2017 10:31am
Gold: 4,643.63
Sep 25 2017 11:47am
The most obvious switch for me would be drop eternal sentinel and add thalnos.

Edit: also I think 5 jade effects is too slow. If you're gonna run dr/reno, drop the jades and focus on that.

Add mana tide, thing from below, totem golem, and maybe another arbitrary death rattle, or azure drake.

3 more draws, more overall solid cards, more consistency.

If you wanna keep the jades, then drop the gimmicky stuff I.e. Master of evolution, spiritsinger umbra, moat lurker.

This post was edited by Pinecones on Sep 25 2017 11:54am
Sep 25 2017 12:48pm
Quote (Pinecones @ Sep 25 2017 12:47pm)
The most obvious switch for me would be drop eternal sentinel and add thalnos.

Edit: also I think 5 jade effects is too slow. If you're gonna run dr/reno, drop the jades and focus on that.

Add mana tide, thing from below, totem golem, and maybe another arbitrary death rattle, or azure drake.

3 more draws, more overall solid cards, more consistency.

If you wanna keep the jades, then drop the gimmicky stuff I.e. Master of evolution, spiritsinger umbra, moat lurker.

thalnos would be a decent help to starting game vs most classes. vs a priest though i rarely need extra dmg from my spells. the draw would be nice, but it's not something i feel i've needed.
there is only a start of 5 jade effects, this is why it's not usually my main focus. the cannon-fodder is nice though, plus it only takes a decision to determine i want more jades.
i play this deck as a trap. keeping specifically to vs priests though and jades. if sylvanas is not an option to take over a board, or a bad option as board is open... i can focus with aya. thaurissan again really helps these combo's, but even without i have numerous options to set a board well.
i.e. aya/ancestral spirit/reincarnate. this is not the best combo imo, but this will make a decent example. this puts 2x aya's and 2x tokens on board immediately. if board is cleared, the 2x aya's spawn 2 more tokens for me to work with. this gives me 3 aya's with the first n'zoth play, which when cleared, leaves more golems for me to work with.

including things like faceless manipulator/thaurissan/umbra/spirit echo, i can create an endless wave of any deathrattle minion if i choose.
moat lurker, if not used to destroy an enemy minion/evolve combo, can be used to create multiple layers of defense vs clears.

the bigger picture of this deck for me is to prevent and/or benefit from clears. adding an odd pressure to the opponent. my second phase is determined by my enemy. as long as there's not an overpowering presence, i can focus more to jade. if my opponent does have the upper hand, i steal the board with sylvanas and keep her hopping back and forth.
it's not a perfect strategy. but i really enjoy screwing with this "trap deck"

master of evolution is one i could toss as well, but it's a decent 4att minion that combo's well with moat lurker if i'm trying to save dk and/or evolve. i will consider this as a feasible switch though.
umbra is truly a key card here, you may not immediately imagine much. but this card does a lot at choice. instead of 1 or 2 sylvanas steals i can have 4+. instead of 2 golems in a turn, i can get 4+. instead of 1 or 2 4/5's from cairne, my board is full of 4/5's.
since i only have 1 reincarnation in deck, umbra and moat lurker work as alternatives and in combo of each other.
Go Back To Hearthstone Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll