d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Best Current Tv Series > Lmk Wut You Think
Prev145678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,025.00
Sep 21 2017 09:50pm
Quote (pzold @ Sep 21 2017 01:13pm)
Rick and Morty is truly overrated.

It really isn't. If you are a easily offended snowflake then you probably won't like it, that doesn't mean it is overrated. I don't even think it is possible to not be impressed by all of the animation continuity, philosophical ideas, story telling and sitcom tropes adressed in the show, even if it does offend you.
Gold: Locked
Sep 21 2017 11:21pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Sep 21 2017 08:50pm)
It really isn't. If you are a easily offended snowflake then you probably won't like it, that doesn't mean it is overrated. I don't even think it is possible to not be impressed by all of the animation continuity, philosophical ideas, story telling and sitcom tropes adressed in the show, even if it does offend you.

It's never been I show I went out of my way to watch but there is no denying it's funny asf, it's about as good as South Park imo, not quite tho
Gold: 18,115.00
Sep 22 2017 12:46pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Sep 22 2017 04:50am)

Ah, so I must be offended by this show, because I don't like it? :rofl:
Ain't a snowflake nor a victim of some overrated tv show. Just sayin it isn't as cool as everyone around states so.

South Park is way more funny, while R&M is just a mediocre show. You gotta take TV and films too serious if you say things like that. :rolleyes:
Sep 22 2017 02:33pm
Quote (pzold @ Sep 22 2017 11:46am)
Ah, so I must be offended by this show, because I don't like it? :rofl:
Ain't a snowflake nor a victim of some overrated tv show. Just sayin it isn't as cool as everyone around states so.

South Park is way more funny, while R&M is just a mediocre show. You gotta take TV and films too serious if you say things like that. :rolleyes:

Ok pal.
Gold: 134.64
Sep 22 2017 04:58pm
Comrade Detective.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 22 2017 05:57pm
Quote (pzold @ Sep 21 2017 12:13pm)
Rick and Morty is truly overrated.
Nonetheless, Better Call Saul is especially good if you had watched Breaking Bad before. Such a quality prequel.

Why are you even here? You ask a question about a show that's been over for a decade in a thread about "current" shows, and then you want to talk shit about the shows others have listed without ever putting out your own list.

It's a matter of opinion and while it does irritate me how big the show has gotten, I'm glad that the material has only continued to get better. It doesn't irritate me because I want to be special and feel like only a handful of awesome people know about it, it irritates me because whenever anything gets too popular, it means you've got more idiots than anything else who watch it, you've got people who just pretend to love it because it's in, and we've got people like you , who trash on a show you've probably seen very little of because of it's popularity.

Whether or not you think it's overrated is irrelevant, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. That being said, from an objective standpoint, any fan of quality writing can clearly see how clever and well thought out a large number of the gags in this show are. From a fans standpoint and going away from just the gags, the ability that this show has to effortlessly transition into some of the most emotionally deep and real shit we've ever seen on television, and certainly the most we've seen in an animated series, is nothing short of masterful. It's a well done show, the acting is top notch, the animation is interesting and hilarious. It's got plenty of low brow humor, but the jokes and feels throughout this show that correlate primarily with individuals who have higher IQs, is the reason that this show, at least through it's first three seasons, is a masterpiece.

That's my opinion. If you want to challenge it, I suggest you actually try watching the show, at least the first season from start to finish and then come back and we can possibly have a discussion on equal footing. It's pointless to argue with someone on a subject, when only one person really knows the subject.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Sep 22 2017 05:59pm
Gold: Locked
Sep 23 2017 12:47am
Word ^ I've only seen about 3 episodes of rick and morty at friends house but I still laughed my ass off the whole time because I pay close attention to detail, and I guess I didn't think of the fact I put ended shows in a current series topic I meant current series that y'all are watching that are good lol I'm all caught up, bought to check out westworld and American gods though got just a couple episodes left of daredevil
Sep 23 2017 01:08pm
Quote (DonMario @ Sep 22 2017 10:47pm)
Word ^ I've only seen about 3 episodes of rick and morty at friends house but I still laughed my ass off the whole time because I pay close attention to detail, and I guess I didn't think of the fact I put ended shows in a current series topic I meant current series that y'all are watching that are good lol I'm all caught up, bought to check out westworld and American gods though got just a couple episodes left of daredevil

Lmk what you think man.

Also, it looks like they're going to do a True Detective season 3. Even though each season is it's own show, that could be considered as current with it coming back. The first season is possibly the best single season of television ever made, the second season was well above average, but shit in comparison to the first that was ridiculous. Hoping the third is somewhere in-between or closer to the first.
Sep 23 2017 01:38pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Sep 23 2017 12:08pm)
Lmk what you think man.

Also, it looks like they're going to do a True Detective season 3. Even though each season is it's own show, that could be considered as current with it coming back. The first season is possibly the best single season of television ever made, the second season was well above average, but shit in comparison to the first that was ridiculous. Hoping the third is somewhere in-between or closer to the first.

I liked AHS Asylum more than TD season 1. TD season 1 is really good but calling it the best is.... Calling anything the best is...

This post was edited by Blah58 on Sep 23 2017 01:38pm
Sep 23 2017 01:59pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Sep 23 2017 11:38am)
I liked AHS Asylum more than TD season 1. TD season 1 is really good but calling it the best is.... Calling anything the best is...

How? The ending on that was so garbage. A lot of the acting in AHS is just awful and while I enjoyed it enough, it was at best a 7/10 season. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find many people who actually have seen both shows who would say AHS can even sniff the balls of True Detective.

Not that I put a ton of stock in ratings, but

IMDB, RT critics, and RT fans all have True Detective season 1 ahead of AHS Asylum. It's fairly close besides the fan ratings, which is way tilted towards TD, but I really don't know why everyone hypes that shit up so much. The first season of AHS was better. AHS S2 just took a giant shit on itself at the end with the super lame, boring, and cringe filled ending it went with. Not to mention a couple of the horrible scenes like the whole singing bit. It's been awhile since I've seen it, but I'm pretty sure I could find at least a handful of things wrong in each episode, while it's pretty difficult to do that with TD. The acting in TD is one of the best, if not the best that we've seen in a TV show, the story was engrossing and the dialogue was just glorious, much more sophisticated and well done than AHS.

Once again, this is just my opinion, but you usually have at least somewhat similar views on shows/movies it seems like, this one is wayyy off for me.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Sep 23 2017 02:05pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev145678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll