d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Microphone And Chat Issues
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 78,883.89
Sep 18 2017 05:59pm
So everything was working fine with my computer before I went to Greece. When I came back and turned on my computer, I've been having the following problems. (Nothing was changed as I just turned my computer on and used it like usual)

Things I was using before with no problems but have problems now:

Black desert online
Discord
Pubg

The problems:

While using discord, my microphone seems to get low all of a sudden until I do the speech recognition set up a mic and then fixes to where they can hear me. Occasionally, I'll have to leave discord and join the channel again when it becomes laggy but I'll have to do the speech recognition numerous times a day while only playing bdo, having discord open and browsing twitch/YouTube/etc.

I played pubg while I had bdo minimized and could talk on discord with no problems. Recently, I can only use the in game chat of pubg as if I try to use discord, everyone I hear is very choppy/laggy cutting in and out and they tell me I'm the same. In game chat works perfectly.

What I've tried:
Updating video drivers and sound drivers
Uninstalling and reinstalling pubg and discord
Unplugging mic and replugging it in a different USB
Reset router to factory settings
Changed my computer from being directly plugged into my modem to directly to my router and set the priority of the router to my computer (router is the net gear rx7000 or something like that)
Tried unplugging my modem for 15 seconds to reset it

I don't think this matters but when I deleted my graphics driver and got he updated one, all of my settings for nvidia changed and my bdo is a lot more laggy as well. While riding my horse, it freezes because of slow rendering and I have to have other people's effects off at bosses now or I freeze/lag way too much every though I didn't have this problem before.

Let me know if you can think of anything that could be wrong. I've only had my computer for like a year or two.

Let me know if you need any more information that I haven't thought of.

Jr Admin
Gold: 247,806.00
Trader: Trusted
Sep 19 2017 03:22am
On your desktop, right-click on the Sounds/speaker tray icon -> Recording Devices -> Right-click your microphone -> Properties -> Advanced tab -> Uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and hit Apply.
While you're there, make sure the the volume slider under the Levels tab are not set to a low setting.

If the above did not solve your problem: Which PC specs do you have, and what microphone are you using? You can use a tool like Speccy to retrieve your specs, if you don't know them: https://www.piriform.com/speccy
Sep 19 2017 09:49am
Quote (Arkhen @ Sep 19 2017 05:22am)
On your desktop, right-click on the Sounds/speaker tray icon -> Recording Devices -> Right-click your microphone -> Properties -> Advanced tab -> Uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and hit Apply.
While you're there, make sure the the volume slider under the Levels tab are not set to a low setting.

If the above did not solve your problem: Which PC specs do you have, and what microphone are you using? You can use a tool like Speccy to retrieve your specs, if you don't know them: https://www.piriform.com/speccy

Hey, I tried what you suggested before but it didn't work.

Here are the specs:

I'm using the Blue Snowball Ice microphone (the one without the button on the back)
Jr Admin
Gold: 247,806.00
Trader: Trusted
Sep 19 2017 09:54am
How about chipset drivers, have you tried updating those as well?
Drivers: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170-PRO-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/
¨
Also if you have any other recording devices listed, try disabling them until only your Blue Snowball is enabled and set as default.
Sep 19 2017 10:03am
Quote (Arkhen @ Sep 19 2017 11:54am)
How about chipset drivers, have you tried updating those as well?
Drivers: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170-PRO-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/
¨
Also if you have any other recording devices listed, try disabling them until only your Blue Snowball is enabled and set as default.

Thanks! I installed the chipset drivers but the lag continues while playing pubg. It's still going low until I redo the set up a mic test. I only have the snowball enabled and set as the default device. I do have it selected in discord as well instead of choosing default.

/e

as an update, one of my friends helped me fix my bdo lag and rendering by turning off some settings I forgot to do when it reset so that's fixed.

Now it's just the microphone problem and some lag in pubg (but I think that's just pubgs servers)

This post was edited by Midget on Sep 19 2017 10:24am
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll