d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Strategy & Guides > Why Is Fortify Good For Rf Build > Isnt It A Melee Gem ?
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 4,289.00
Sep 18 2017 08:53am
Have used this gem all the time since i saw a build that used it. Now i looked at my gems and was wondering whats the use for it.

Rarity: Gem
Fortify Support
--------
Attack, Support, Melee
Level: 20 (Max)
Mana Multiplier: 110%
--------
Requirements:
Level: 70
Str: 111
--------
Supports melee attack skills that are not triggered.
--------
Supported Skills grant Fortify on Melee hit
Supported Skills have 25% increased Fortify duration
Supported Skills deal 44% increased Melee Physical Damage
--------
This is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket.
Gold: 61.00
Sep 18 2017 08:59am
You proc it with shield charge.

Fortify is a buff that grants the player 20% reduced damage taken from hits for 4 seconds.
Gold: 270.00
Oct 12 2017 05:46am
Quote (pjevs @ Sep 18 2017 10:53am)
Have used this gem all the time since i saw a build that used it. Now i looked at my gems and was wondering whats the use for it.

Rarity: Gem
Fortify Support
--------
Attack, Support, Melee
Level: 20 (Max)
Mana Multiplier: 110%
--------
Requirements:
Level: 70
Str: 111
--------
Supports melee attack skills that are not triggered.
--------
Supported Skills grant Fortify on Melee hit
Supported Skills have 25% increased Fortify duration
Supported Skills deal 44% increased Melee Physical Damage
--------
This is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket.

in hardcore a lot of players link fortify to their main melee setup to its up 100% of the time..

In softcore, every build using shield charge / whirling blades / leap slam... should be using fortify (melee movement skill + faster attacks + fortify)
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic