d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Lol @ People Who Don't Take Createine > Heh
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 21.80
Sep 17 2017 10:51pm
Quote (Excusemem8 @ Sep 18 2017 04:11am)
Their are 2 kinds of people in this world

People that play safe and don't overclock their GPU's and tread carefully through life to arrive safely at death

And people that overclock their GPUs and enjoy great performance increases. Mostly because they're not pussies

I could say things such as there are people in this world who can spell and people who cannot. I could say that I would probably destroy you in any distance foot race or an arm wrestle. I could say that in all likely hood I push myself far harder than you and for longer.

I could say all these things but it wouldn't matter much and likely wouldn't go in any positive direction.

This being the "Health and fitness" forum, one might think that topics/advice discussed here would be salubrious to fitness and health. There are a great many things that you could do to your body that will help you achieve "great performance increases" that are not healthy. One only needs to look at the recent death of Rich Piana who did terrible things to his body that were NOT healthy and unfortunately he paid for those terrible things with a life cut way too short. You will probably glorify this dead man and your argument supports this assertion since he certainly wasn't a "pussy" because he "pushed his CPU." This sort of attitude is a harmful one and promotes unhealthy decisions. If someone does something unhealthy for themselves like Rich Piana it's okay because hes famous! This sort of rubbish leads to fools making the same mistakes. I will argue that you can live a full and happy and successful life while pushing yourself without making unhealthy decisions. Do not think for one moment that you have to use drugs/take arguably dangerous supplements in order to achieve greatness.

The argument you make begs to raise the point that you would do anything and everything including hurting your health to "enjoy great performance increases." The argument I will stick to is that you can enjoy great performance increases while at the same time getting healthier and more fit. /Edit Addition - And I will go on further to say that people who push themselves without drugs are far from "pussies." These people who push themselves the legit/healthy/clean way have stronger mental power and discipline not to cheat themselves. Anyone can take drugs and make easy gains in short time. It takes courage and mental fortitude to push yourself to do it the healthy way long term. These people who push themselves cleanly and in a healthy manner will also last far longer than the cheats who use steroids.

This post was edited by FLegend on Sep 17 2017 11:13pm
Gold: 361.00
Sep 17 2017 11:15pm
Nice essay

Firstly, MSI afterburner is NOT illegal and will give you considerable performance increases. Yes it will shorten the life span and more is not always better, if u can't handle it then dial down a little. And it's not short term, you can literally run over a lifetime (24-7)

Secondly, I have no doubt you can push yourself harder and longer than me. Try all you want though cos that's all you ever do, your results won't beat mine. Thanks to creatine, you'll never be stronger or faster than me

Edit: I see u tried to mock me by comparing rich piana destroying his body to overclocking his CPU, I clearly and strictly was talking about GPU not CPU

This post was edited by Excusemem8 on Sep 17 2017 11:16pm
Gold: 165.00
Sep 18 2017 07:07pm
Too much virginity in this thread
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Sep 19 2017 09:22am
Quote (chelsea11 @ Sep 17 2017 02:00pm)
are there any negative effects to using creatine?

yess

increase DMT level with leads to hair loss
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
Sep 20 2017 04:46pm
Quote (chelsea11 @ 17 Sep 2017 15:20)
If I workout 3 times a week, 2 min, 4 max atm then how much of it should/would I take? Is it everyday or only days when working out?

Some forms can be taken whenever, someone are supposed to be loaded and then taken daily.

Whenevers:

Some liquid forms
Magnesium creatine chelate
Dicreatine malate

Dailies:

Non-proprietary creatine malate .. by this I don't mean non-proprietary blend creatine; I mean the kind that is just regular creatine malate that hasn't been re-engineered
Creatine monohydrate
Creatine monophosphate
Proprietary (blend) creatine

Whenevers: they vary, just follow the label directions
Dailies: usually a load phase, 10-30 g/d for 5-15d, followed by a tapering down or drop off to 2-5g/d. 5g is the normal amount. Any proprietary blends, esp mixed in pre-workout with stuff that isn't creatine = read the labels.

That's the basic info. As much as there is science behind it, dosage depends on body weight and possibly metabolism--and whether you're going to have a wet #2 in response to the creatine. Malates are reportedly the easiest on the stomach. A lot of lifters go for supersaturation: taking too much b/c they know it's enough.
My best guess is that you could undershoot recommended dosages, theoretically stay safe in case there are unknown side-effects, and get good results.

I've always done well on creatine but I tend to think that's about being a fast-twitch type and a fast gainer. That or I just hydrate enough and lift hard ;) Results vary. I know guys who swear they take it and get no gains.
Gold: Locked
Sep 21 2017 04:11am
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Sep 20 2017 06:46pm)
Some forms can be taken whenever, someone are supposed to be loaded and then taken daily.

Whenevers:

Some liquid forms
Magnesium creatine chelate
Dicreatine malate

Dailies:

Non-proprietary creatine malate .. by this I don't mean non-proprietary blend creatine; I mean the kind that is just regular creatine malate that hasn't been re-engineered
Creatine monohydrate
Creatine monophosphate
Proprietary (blend) creatine

Whenevers: they vary, just follow the label directions
Dailies: usually a load phase, 10-30 g/d for 5-15d, followed by a tapering down or drop off to 2-5g/d. 5g is the normal amount. Any proprietary blends, esp mixed in pre-workout with stuff that isn't creatine = read the labels.

That's the basic info. As much as there is science behind it, dosage depends on body weight and possibly metabolism--and whether you're going to have a wet #2 in response to the creatine. Malates are reportedly the easiest on the stomach. A lot of lifters go for supersaturation: taking too much b/c they know it's enough.
My best guess is that you could undershoot recommended dosages, theoretically stay safe in case there are unknown side-effects, and get good results.

I've always done well on creatine but I tend to think that's about being a fast-twitch type and a fast gainer. That or I just hydrate enough and lift hard ;) Results vary. I know guys who swear they take it and get no gains.

Okay thanks for the info
Gold: 4,786.00
Sep 21 2017 08:31am
Quote (FLegend @ Sep 17 2017 11:14pm)
I do not take creatine as a supplement. I am convinced that when studied over time it will come to light that high dosages of creatine have adverse health effects on the body. I will not be surprised when it becomes "concluded through science" that high dosages of creatine are harmful to the liver, kidneys, heart and it probably increases the chances of developing some cancers.

I think it will take some years before these "hypothetical" adverse effects come to the light. It is so hard to "prove" that things are bad for you - just look at how long it took for "science" and our society to finally accept that cigarettes are bad for us. Now it will take another 10-20 years before this vape fad is brought to the light... I think we are seeing a similar slow pattern here with creatine/extremely high protein diets.

With that said creatine can certainly help you build muscle/mass. And I don't think it is nearly as bad for you as cigarettes please don't confuse me. It is probably not very harmful at all as supplementation in smaller dosages.

Says the long distance runner, when it's been proven time and time again that distance running has adverse health effects. Ps: i do distance running too, i just think that kinda mentality you are harboring is toxic.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll