d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Need Ruby For Windows Version 1.8.2-14 Or 1.8.2-15 > Anyone Have This Old App?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Sep 7 2017 08:29pm
Looking for this old version of ruby. I want to try an old gem app, but it won't run correctly on any newer ruby version I've tried..

need ruby v 1.8.2-14 or 1.8.2-15

the app I'm trying to use has issues with newer ruby versions... And the app dev. has abandoned the project....years ago. I can't run the app with newer ruby versions. The error msg I am seeing is something about can't convert the ACII to UTF8 or something.... and it happened on 3 different objects in the app I'm wanting to run. One of the objects was the actual gui, so the app didn't load at all. I deleted the ruby installers i tried. I thought I'd check here before moving on. I'm not too optomistic about my chances, but if there's any hope I would be very happy for any help with this.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 9 2017 11:52am
Someone did send me a link to a .gem file for older versions... Anyone know if it's possible to insatll an earlier version of ruby from a later version using a .gem file?
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll