d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > FPS & Battle Royale > Call of Duty Series > Beta Thoughts
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,910.00
Sep 6 2017 12:19pm
I can't even fully judge the game without search and destroy being in the beta. I know bomb sites can change, but I couldn't judge the maps fully without any references. I don't know what the plant/defuse noise(s) sound like, let alone how far I can hear them. AW (created be Sledge) had the loudest plant noise in public in any CoD, which made planting suicidal..you can only fake plant so many times. Is it best of 7? Does offense/defense alternate? How long are the rounds? Can you switch classes and maintain scorestreaks? How much time do you have to switch classes between rounds? Is there only one play of the game or one for each round? You can't rush and have three weapon attachments. You can't rush and have silent footsteps. The only useful division attribute I used the whole beta was Hustle, which allows me to reload faster while sprinting. So many other attributes were inconsequential/useless.

Even judging the maps for respawn, it was plain to see how poorly they were setup. The choke points and funneling were awful. Playing the edge was boring and mostly unrewarding. The lines of sight are going to be awful to deal with once people get into their usual, camper routine, especially in search. Headglitches, upon headglitches, upon headglitches.. The SMGs destroy in close quarters. Dealing with long lines of sight with ARs is great until you're face-to-face with someone, even if your gun is up and you're not sprinting. Speaking of close quarters..anyone remember getting hitmarkered by a shotgun, because I don't? The spawns were absolutely atrocious.. If you die, then be prepared to sprint a lot, because you're starting at the farthest edge of the map every..single..time.. Breaking out of a spawn trap or trying to force a spawn flip is virtually impossible. It reminds me of attempting to flip demolition spawns back in MW2. Also, there's no reward for rushing spawns.. you essentially want to play the way pros do and not over-extend, but this is more related to the map design as opposed to the spawns, because when people spawn there's usually a long line of sight in front of them, so it's harder to stay alive in the enemy's spawn, because you're exposed without many options to evade. This game does not reward over-extending with a fun, public experience.

The TTK is too slow. The damage drop off is too harsh. I wasn't able to perfect my enemy parsing. I would move onto the next enemy after assuming 4-5 bullets would drop someone, only to end up dying, because they needed 5-6 bullets at medium distance to fall down. Triples, let alone quads, were very rare, because I can't have extended mags AND rush. Reload discipline was a struggle, so I'd either get caught reloading or I ran out of bullets to drop the third enemy. I have to use way too many insurance bullets to get singles and doubles. I didn't use a silencer the entire beta, so I can only imagine how useless that thing was.

Weapons and spawns can be adjusted, but we're stuck with the maps and divisions. Yes, it's boots on the ground, and anything is better than AW/IW, but I doubt it will be more fun than BO3, let alone any of the older CoDs.

I'll still play the game as always, but I can still be critical of the game's faults.

This post was edited by ericswanson_19 on Sep 6 2017 12:22pm
Gold: 55.00
Sep 6 2017 12:56pm
Aachen worst map ever made
Gold: 16.00
Sep 6 2017 02:03pm

It's garbage. Its not anywhere near as good as:

WAW
COD 4
MW 2
MW 3
BO 1
BO 2
BO 3

It's a little better than Ghosts....which isn't saying much at all

Anyone who thinks differently is a fucking child who didn't play the classic old cod games
Gold: 1.60
Sep 6 2017 02:27pm
People say its great who played but idk looks simplistic and lame probably still buy
Gold: 16.00
Sep 6 2017 10:33pm
Quote (samah @ 6 Sep 2017 16:27)
People say its great who played but idk looks simplistic and lame probably still buy

Just don't buy it then?
Gold: 1.60
Sep 7 2017 12:36pm
Quote (rc3mil @ Sep 7 2017 12:33am)
Just don't buy it then?

I didnt buy infinite warfare that was the only cod I didnt buy
If they look half decent I'll buy em
Gold: 1,803.00
Sep 7 2017 01:59pm
It'll maybe be half a year before people flock back to BO3.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 7 2017 07:34pm
Felt fine to me.
Gold: 0.37
Sep 8 2017 08:49am
It was fun. Hoping they get SMG's balanced for launch. Nothing but SMG fights got boring pretty fast. The map design pretty much sucked on all 3 maps. Hoping the rest of the maps are better, but I'm not really counting on it.
Gold: 9,181.50
Sep 8 2017 11:43am
Quote (tommyd323 @ Sep 7 2017 02:59pm)
It'll maybe be half a year before people flock back to BO3.

Black ops 3 still has a lot of activity and I think you're right, black ops 3 will still see a lot of traffic, everyone wanted boots on the ground and when they see how boring its actually going to be, its back to black ops 3!
Go Back To Call of Duty Series Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Topic New Poll