d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Triple G V Alvarez Sep 16
Prev1234529Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22.00
Sep 5 2017 07:08pm
without a doubt this is going to be an awesome fight.

i think Alvarez will have higher odds of winning in the public eye, mostly due to his record. he's been a more active fighter having more wins in less time than GGG, of course, but Alvarez has fought a lot bigger names and faced bigger challenges.

regardless, if you watch some of GGG's fights his power is no joke. both fighters are aggressive, but GGG is more aggressive.

Alvarez can have a harder time with defensive boxers, while GGG breaks down defensive boxers with raw power. two very different styles, but 2 very evenly-matched fighters after all is said and done... i can't wait
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
Sep 5 2017 09:20pm
Quote (nekrotic @ 5 Sep 2017 18:53)

This interview is a beauty. This fight is very compelling because Golovkin is still in some ways an unknown just because he hasn't been exposed to enough top fighters. He's been dodged by fighters and he was dodged by ppv until recently. Canelo is a known entity but he's more on the rise than GGG imho. I think Canelo is more skilled. Gennady is DEFINITELY the power puncher in this fight, but Canelo possesses power and one of the best counters in boxing. And as good as Canelo is, Gennady isn't a bad boxer by any means.

Stylistically, I think this fight is better for Canelo. For GGG, he has someone he can't brawl with but who won't run from him, either. So Canelo is dangerous. I think he waited for Golovkin to go down a little and for himself to get a bit better. I'm not calling him a chicken, but I think he dodged (wisely) for a while.

I'm starting to have trouble seeing Gennady winning this just because of how it matches up and the fact that I think he's gotten less impressive over time. If he can stalk and connect, Canelo's counter might not matter. So I have GGG as a slight favourite but make no mistake, Canelo is the better actual boxer.

This post was edited by RewtheBrave on Sep 5 2017 09:30pm
Gold: 500.00
Sep 5 2017 09:55pm
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Sep 5 2017 08:20pm)
This interview is a beauty. This fight is very compelling because Golovkin is still in some ways an unknown just because he hasn't been exposed to enough top fighters. He's been dodged by fighters and he was dodged by ppv until recently. Canelo is a known entity but he's more on the rise than GGG imho. I think Canelo is more skilled. Gennady is DEFINITELY the power puncher in this fight, but Canelo possesses power and one of the best counters in boxing. And as good as Canelo is, Gennady isn't a bad boxer by any means.

Stylistically, I think this fight is better for Canelo. For GGG, he has someone he can't brawl with but who won't run from him, either. So Canelo is dangerous. I think he waited for Golovkin to go down a little and for himself to get a bit better. I'm not calling him a chicken, but I think he dodged (wisely) for a while.

I'm starting to have trouble seeing Gennady winning this just because of how it matches up and the fact that I think he's gotten less impressive over time. If he can stalk and connect, Canelo's counter might not matter. So I have GGG as a slight favourite but make no mistake, Canelo is the better actual boxer.

This got me a little more hyped.

But I think Alvarez is losing.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 6 2017 12:32am
can't wait!!
Gold: 624.51
Sep 6 2017 10:13am
If Golovkin loses will he retire?

Canelo will be running boxing if he destroys ggg
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
Sep 6 2017 11:13am
Quote (PauldotBrincat @ 5 Sep 2017 23:55)
This got me a little more hyped.

But I think Alvarez is losing.

I think Alvarez is going to get slept but he's by far the best opponent GGG has ever faced imho. If Golovkin has to try to figure him out, I think Alvarez takes it. If Golovkin stick to the "glove king" (made up that pun myself, feels good) plan and cracks some face, I think Golovkin gets this. Alvarez can counter but if he can't force Golovkin to adjust or respect him, Golovkin will walk in, take a couple of counters, and crush Alvarez, forcing him to either run or die in a vicious exchange. Both guys are risking a lot b/c GGG moves toward irrelevancy and his myth gets busted if he loses, and Alvarez's ascendancy stops cold if he loses.

Quote (Shiney420 @ 6 Sep 2017 12:13)

It's a legit question. He might. If he was younger I think he'd just touch up his skills and get better.

I don't know if I'd say Canelo will be running boxing if he wins, but he could set up some superfights and be within reach.

What's great about boxing right now is that the smaller guys have a chance to make a name for themselves. Oscar and Floyd and Mosley (yes yes, and Chavez and Pac) paved a golden road that all guys in the 140-165 range need to do is walk on. What sucks for boxing is that MMA is taking all the attention away. Both sports need to be under big lights imho, because outside of the Olympics, boxers and MMA guys carry to torch for individual sports competition--meh, I guess the racquet sports count but I feel they're not as competitive because they're not nearly as tough.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 6 2017 03:04pm
Quote (Shiney420 @ Sep 6 2017 12:13pm)

could be a rematch or 2 depending on the outcome
Gold: 37,241.00
Sep 6 2017 07:03pm
Two trashcans Conor would toy with then ko inside 2 rounds
Gold: 69.43
Sep 6 2017 07:07pm
GGG will tool him after 4 rounds, he may finish
Gold: 624.51
Sep 6 2017 10:49pm
Quote (devilslayer @ Sep 6 2017 02:04pm)
could be a rematch or 2 depending on the outcome

I kindof hope its a close war.
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
Prev1234529Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll