d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Which Option Would You Choose If You Had To Choose > 1 Aspect For Upcoming Ls Event!!
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 8,888.88
Sep 6 2017 04:17am
I actually went for option 2, but pressed "null vote" while being intoxicated.

Out of those that were listed, that would be the only one beneficial to my own game-play, there was one other... option 6: Only problem is that at 100% increased prof cap doesn't mean shit in a decent - above groups when whistling.

Multi-strike / Multi-cast has a 90% chance (vs 9 monster wave) to gain 1 prof point... thus.... people cast this ability below it's potential of 100% to gain more profs in a group of 5.
Multi-heal / Heal-Back has a 50% chance (vs 5 people in group) to gain 1 prof point... thus... healing is underused and everything is optimised to killing speed.
Single heal cast has a 75-90% chance to gain 1 prof point... thus... healing is best done with a main healer in group to get the best rewards.

Now, the main point is that most above decent groups kill a single wave of monsters in a single second and only 1 or 3 people reap the benefits to prof gain... i.e. 1 prof point... now, this means that the maximum cap of 10 prof points per wave is nullified unless the group explores and encounters many evil presence, or complete many objectives.

End of this BS above, even if there is a +20 Prof point cap applied, it is only beneficial to solo'ing, and thus my preferred vote would be this.
Gold: 0.19
Sep 6 2017 05:38am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Sep 6 2017 05:17am)

Out of those that were listed, that would be the only one beneficial to my own game-play, there was one other... option 6: Only problem is that at 100% increased prof cap doesn't mean shit in a decent - above groups when whistling.

Multi-strike / Multi-cast has a 90% chance (vs 9 monster wave) to gain 1 prof point... thus.... people cast this ability below it's potential of 100% to gain more profs in a group of 5.
Multi-heal / Heal-Back has a 50% chance (vs 5 people in group) to gain 1 prof point... thus... healing is underused and everything is optimised to killing speed.
Single heal cast has a 75-90% chance to gain 1 prof point... thus... healing is best done with a main healer in group to get the best rewards.

Now, the main point is that most above decent groups kill a single wave of monsters in a single second and only 1 or 3 people reap the benefits to prof gain... i.e. 1 prof point... now, this means that the maximum cap of 10 prof points per wave is nullified unless the group explores and encounters many evil presence, or complete many objectives.

End of this BS above, even if there is a +20 Prof point cap applied, it is only beneficial to solo'ing, and thus my preferred vote would be this.

Great for big wellies aswell :)
Gold: 8,888.88
Sep 6 2017 06:04am
Quote (slushslush @ Sep 7 2017 12:38am)
Great for big wellies aswell :)

I have to agree... welling is a great way of obtaining prof points, yet more optimum for a Melee or Casting / Healer hybrid that can utilise this method solo'ing compared to 3+ groups and tier efficiency welling.
Please remember that in a solo or 2 man group, they can stop attacking and move positions taking little damage while the healer or hybrid healer gains the extra prof point rewards before killing the monster of
the well.

EDIT: Remember, to optimise 20 max prof points per wave, you need to excel your actions for better rewards.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Sep 6 2017 06:07am
Gold: 0.19
Sep 6 2017 07:35am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Sep 6 2017 07:04am)
I have to agree... welling is a great way of obtaining prof points, yet more optimum for a Melee or Casting / Healer hybrid that can utilise this method solo'ing compared to 3+ groups and tier efficiency welling.
Please remember that in a solo or 2 man group, they can stop attacking and move positions taking little damage while the healer or hybrid healer gains the extra prof point rewards before killing the monster of
the well.

EDIT: Remember, to optimise 20 max prof points per wave, you need to excel your actions for better rewards.

Also need to use lower end gears
Members++
Gold: 505,061.21
Trader: Trusted
Sep 6 2017 08:10am
Quote (PowerTripped @ 1 Sep 2017 04:32)
Only EPS for whole climb

Good old "no maze - catacomb"
God I miss that so much.
Gold: 35.38
Warn: 30%
Sep 6 2017 08:46am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Sep 6 2017 05:17am)

Thanks for giving a detailed description of what you voted for :) . It is a valid point indeed. I must say that if most people are spamming abilities at low % that gives 2 or 3 multistrikes a chance to hit all 9 monsters. When people use at 100%+ then only one person gets the prof. Prof cap would only be good for wells. You`ll kill eps solo before you reach that 20 cap unless you purposely are taking hits to self heal. I know many of the event details can be misleading.

Unfortunately for some group climbing is better for prof.

Gold: 1,470.74
Sep 6 2017 09:20am
Casting abilities below 100% typically has nothing to do with wanting to gain more prophecy. It's just trying to be the most efficient in a climb. Just FYI
Gold: 35.38
Warn: 30%
Sep 7 2017 10:24am
Quote (PowerTripped @ Sep 6 2017 10:20am)
Casting abilities below 100% typically has nothing to do with wanting to gain more prophecy. It's just trying to be the most efficient in a climb. Just FYI

Yup yup.
Gold: 7,863.56
Sep 10 2017 05:54am
All those suggestions are of interest to someone, but not necessarily to everyone, and would only be temporary for the duration of the event.

How about adding something to the game that would be permanent, and may be appreciated by everyone?

I was in a discussion last night with some fellow slashers, and we came up with this:

Since the chat log already shows you when you have received a new level in proficiency,
why could it not also show what you have gained when completing a quest?

Example: Treasure pest reward is +1 to 2 Item Slots, +2 to 5 Stat Points
Notification could read ''You have just earned # Item Slots and # Stat Points''

It should only be shown to each player individually, as is the prof notification

Bragging rights would increase, of course :rofl:
Gold: 470.46
Sep 10 2017 06:36am
Quote (Paparick @ 10 Sep 2017 13:54)
All those suggestions are of interest to someone, but not necessarily to everyone, and would only be temporary for the duration of the event.

How about adding something to the game that would be permanent, and may be appreciated by everyone?

I was in a discussion last night with some fellow slashers, and we came up with this:

Since the chat log already shows you when you have received a new level in proficiency,
why could it not also show what you have gained when completing a quest?

Example: Treasure pest reward is +1 to 2 Item Slots, +2 to 5 Stat Points
Notification could read ''You have just earned # Item Slots and # Stat Points''

It should only be shown to each player individually, as is the prof notification

Bragging rights would increase, of course :rofl:

90% of the community ignores quests and just whistles to mq :lol:
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll