d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > Warriors Gm Zeal Tournament Uswest Nl > Join The Fun
Prev1111213141518Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 2,845.23
Nov 1 2017 10:19pm
Quote (JMF @ Nov 1 2017 09:15pm)
I know, But that is one sided, Your allowing the opposed player to benefit from the users mistake. Thats like saying i wanna do a deal but its 80/20 me / you, not 50/50 its not fair.

Your swaying the match in ones players favour, if it was fair, you would make them replay the round with the correct 4fpa zeal on, or rounds if it had happened to be more than one round before you notice the opponent only has a 5fpa zeal on.

This isn't rocket science here get your build right especially in a tournament otherwise you will sacrifice a loss for that 1 duel. Me posting this is to prevent it from happening. Fail to follow equals a loss on that 1 duel not the whole round or set pretty simple...... :wacko:

This post was edited by Toyota on Nov 1 2017 10:25pm
Gold: 4,756.85
Nov 1 2017 10:27pm
Quote (Toyota @ Nov 2 2017 05:19pm)
This isn't rocket science here get your build right especially in a tournament otherwise you will sacrifice a loss. Me posting this is to prevent it from happening. Fail to follow equals a loss on that duel pretty simple...... :wacko:

I get what your saying bro. But sometimes people make mistakes and may not realise it. How would you feel if you lost by 1 round because you accidentally put the wrong piece of gear on and the opposed player then wins the round because of that without having to take a single swing.

1 round can make the difference between win or loss. Imagine if it was the final in KoZ and you messed up like that i can fucking guarantee you would challange for a rematch.......

By round i only mean 1 duel, Not the set/match

This post was edited by JMF on Nov 1 2017 10:30pm
Gold: 113,575.00
Nov 1 2017 10:28pm
Me and bocellili we are dueling this Friday or Saturday
Nov 1 2017 10:30pm
Quote (JMF @ Nov 1 2017 09:27pm)
I get what your saying bro. But sometimes people make mistakes and may not realise it. How would you feel if you lost by 1 round because you accidentally put the wrong piece of gear on and the opposed player then wins the round because of that without having to take a single swing.

1 round can make the difference between win or loss. Imagine if it was the final in KoZ and you messed up like that i can fucking guarantee you would challange for a rematch.......

You're getting rounds and 1 duel mixed up. Pretty simple don't do it and you have nothing to worry about...... ^_^
Nov 1 2017 10:33pm
Should be fully prepared for a tournament and should already know you're builds this shouldn't be a discussion seriously..... B)
Nov 1 2017 10:39pm
Quote (Toyota @ Nov 2 2017 05:30pm)
You're getting rounds and 1 duel mixed up. Pretty simple don't do it and you have nothing to worry about...... ^_^

I get what your saying dude, i do. one round is one duel, one set is 6 rounds, a match is 2 sets of 6 rounds. My terminology might be a little different from down this way...

But that's benefiting from someone's mistake. That's just slack plain and simple where is the challenge or skill in winning by default ???

Like i said imagine if it was the finals and you lost by default how pissed off would you be, where if you had the chance to wright your wrong by replaying the rounds that weren't played with the correct setup you would be grateful and appreciative of the leniency provided and you would want to play more.

When you strip peoples chances away because of a small mistake it simply puts a dull outlook on the zeal community where there is no room for error. People won't learn and grow to become better zealers and or melee participants.

Im just putting forward what would be the fairest way to handle the situation where both parties have a 50/50 chance.
Nov 1 2017 10:43pm
Quote (JMF @ Nov 1 2017 09:39pm)
I get what your saying dude, i do. one round is one duel, one set is 6 rounds, a match is 2 sets of 6 rounds. My terminology might be a little different from down this way...

But that's benefiting from someone's mistake. That's just slack plain and simple where is the challenge or skill in winning by default ???

Like i said imagine if it was the finals and you lost by default how pissed off would you be, where if you had the chance to wright your wrong by replaying the rounds that weren't played with the correct setup you would be grateful and appreciative of the leniency provided and you would want to play more.

When you strip peoples chances away because of a small mistake it simply puts a dull outlook on the zeal community where there is no room for error. People won't learn and grow to become better zealers and or melee participants.

Im just putting forward what would be the fairest way to handle the situation where both parties have a 50/50 chance.

It's 50/50 if they don't do it. Reason why I posted this in the first place so there's no errors in the tournament. What you're saying it's ok to make a mistake on set ups.

That's like saying oops I didn't stat my character right now I can't pick up my gears then what let it be a redo?

This post was edited by Toyota on Nov 1 2017 10:48pm
Nov 1 2017 10:50pm
Quote (Toyota @ Nov 2 2017 05:43pm)
It's 50/50 if they don't do it. Reason why I posted this in the first place so there's no errors in the tournament. What you're saying it's ok to make a mistake on set ups.

I'm saying people make mistakes no one is perfect, Obviously if they did it more than once take a different course of action.

But you're putting forward a 0% leniency policy which leaves no room for error and that the opponent will benefit from that mistake, Im saying that is wrong.

Because if one round is won by default the odds shift and it is no longer 50/50 then it is no longer fair for both parties.\

That's why I said make them redo the rounds that were played with the wrong setup. Make them change to the correct setup and continue.

This post was edited by JMF on Nov 1 2017 10:53pm
Nov 1 2017 10:51pm
Quote (JMF @ Nov 1 2017 09:50pm)
I'm saying people make mistakes no one is perfect, Obviously if they did it more than once take a different course of action.

But you're putting forward a 0% leniency policy which leaves no room for error and that the opponent will benefit from that mistake, Im saying that is wrong.

Because if one round is won by default the odds shift and it is no longer 50/50 then it is no longer fair for both parties.

I hear your argument, don't make mistakes in a tournament. There's no room for mistakes.
Nov 1 2017 10:53pm
That's like saying I accidentally put a grief on should it be a redo? Lol
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev1111213141518Next
Add Reply New Topic