d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Site Suggestions > Site Suggestions Archive >
Poll > Search Feature > Within The S/a Forums
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 30 2017 09:04am
Not sure if this had been suggested before or not, but I thought it would be extremely helpful if there was a search feature within the Scammer Accusations forums.
I think this could help to prevent future scams as people would be able to search a users name and see if they have had any scammer accusations against them, now or in the (distant) past.

I would love to add a pic with this to show exactly what I mean, but honestly I'm not 100% sure how I would do that :(
Gold: 68.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 30 2017 09:09am
No. If sufficient proof has been provided that a user has scammed, said user will have a scammer tag.

Users are innocent until proven guilty and I believe this would promote many false accusations.

I suggest you use a Mediator for your trades if you feel uncomfortable.

This post was edited by Vincenzo on Aug 30 2017 09:11am
Aug 30 2017 09:24am
Quote (Vincenzo @ Aug 30 2017 11:09am)
No. If sufficient proof has been provided that a user has scammed, said user will have a scammer tag.

Users are innocent until proven guilty and I believe this would promote many false accusations.

I suggest you use a Mediator for your trades if you feel uncomfortable.

you make a good point, but with that said, many user's are able to get away with said scam for that exact reason (insufficient proof) and will keep on scamming people until tagged...

Many Gm users would prefer to avoid these type of people all together (Tagged or not) myself included, and this feature would give people a quick option to check/search if anyone has ever had a s/a (now or in the distant past) and then they could decide from that point if they wanted to continue to do "business" with said user, I don't need to provide links as there is many unresolved s/a's (for example its extremely hard to prove a UaP s/a sufficient proof or not)

e/ also using a med as you suggested would not prevent said item from poofing in the near future :(
e/ Nor would it help with resale of said item if it was purchased from a user the community has decided is "Bad Mannered" (Sells UaP, Steals, Ect) this option would allow people to do some quick research and decide for themselves.

e/ also I fail to see how adding a search feature to look for a certain username would "promote false accusations" as people can already go and look through this section, just asking for a search feature to make it less time consuming...

This post was edited by Stories on Aug 30 2017 09:34am
Jr Admin
Gold: 247,806.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 30 2017 09:36am
This has been suggested multiple times in the past, and has always been shut down, both by Scammer Accusation staff and Njaguar.

Always use a mediator. Any user smart enough to search first also should be wary enough to use a mediator if in doubt.

There are no plans to implement something like this, which would only lead to more fake accusations to attempt to defame users.

Taken from: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=24088166&f=39&p=180405494

- Scammer Accusations Search Bar
- Search Option For The Scammer Accustaion Forum
- Scammer Accusations Forum Suggestion
- Add Search Option In The Scammer Accusations Forum
- Option To Search For Words In All Forums/threads
- Search Function In Scammer Acc. Section
Aug 30 2017 09:38am
Go Back To Site Suggestions Archive Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll