d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > One Of The 2016 Nominees Was/is A Criminal > Repost
Prev1111213141517Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20.31
Oct 5 2017 02:01pm
A story making the rounds that hits at the challenge of defining guilt in a porous justice system, almost as if I planned it -- https://www.propublica.org/article/ivanka-donald-trump-jr-close-to-being-charged-felony-fraud

Note: While this is timely for our purposes, I don't consider it an example of a Trump Sr. illegality (I think it would be unfair to hold him responsible for decisions made by offspring/subordinates/associates that don't represent his station).

Quote (excellence @ Oct 4 2017 06:03pm)
...as you would know that the clients are the boss if you actually did consult for them...

I know I've often made light of the (many) instances where you've demonstrated that you don't understand the subject(s) discussed here, but I really do think it's worth pausing and appreciating just how totally and completely incorrect this is. This isn't even remotely how the private sector works in this country. This is howler territory.
Gold: 57.00
Oct 5 2017 02:19pm
Quote (Pollster @ 5 Oct 2017 16:01)
This isn't even remotely how the private sector works in this country.

sure it is - if you don't make your clients or customers happy they'll fire you in no time. you wouldn't understand such a concept as you're a telemarketing employee in 'politics' who pretended to be a girl on a diablo 2 forum for FG donations. you got the entire 2014 house/senate/governors race massively wrong, and you miserably flopped on your 2016 general election 'prediction' (hillary in an electoral landslide). but keep banging the gong here as comic relief.

just don't ask me again if I speak English, you racist satanic scumstain loser of a bully.

obligatory: thanks for yet another fucking laugh!!!
Oct 5 2017 03:11pm
Quote (excellence @ Oct 5 2017 01:19pm)
...sure it is - if you don't make your clients or customers happy they'll fire you in no time...

If I could set aside the hilarity that is your usual unintelligible babbling and just focus on this new source of temporary amusement: you really do seem to legitimately not understand the mechanics of the contract-based relationship. As a service provider and consumer we enter into our contract as equals. If any portion of our relationship becomes unsatisfactory to them, they have exactly one method of recourse (the same that we have on our side) -- trying to void or break our contract. They have zero autonomy or influence over the materials and methods used to fulfill the terms of our contract.

The rationale you're employing is tantamount to suggesting that the people who are dining at a restauranteur's establishment and that are buying his food are his "boss," which is obviously not the proper dynamic. They're choosing to exchange their money for his product, a product they have no role in producing.
Oct 5 2017 03:27pm
Quote (Pollster @ 5 Oct 2017 17:11)
void or break our contract.

you wrote another long-winded rage paragraph and still admitted they can fire you. guess what! if all clients sever their contracts with the chop-shop you toil at, you've been effectively sacked. complexities like this tend to get lost on linear-only thinkers such as yourself (ones who claim hillary in an electoral landslide), but nice try nonetheless :lol:

Gold: 2.70
Oct 5 2017 03:33pm
lol
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 5 2017 04:50pm
Quote (Pollster @ Oct 4 2017 08:53pm)
What on earth? No I didn't -- by acknowledging that "rap sheet" is slang for an arrest record I noted that it was incorrect to have characterized this (or any) list of Trump's violations in such terms. Trump has not been arrested, that doesn't mean that he hasn't broken laws.

My standard has long been that crimes are crimes, each person's guilt should be decided based on action and evidence. The fact that Trump personally has the resources to settle or provide underhanded protection from his infractions has no bearing on his innocence in my mind. If that's the standard you hold every individual to then we share the same standard, but I don't get that impression. Earlier in the thread when faced with the overwhelming evidence provided by a consortium of investigators and reporters that contends that Trump is a lifelong lawbreaker, you offered a response that comports to your overall worldview of IOIYAR. This obviously stands in stark contrast to the years of howlers that some of us were treated to from you during the Obama administration, when anything that they did that you either 1) didn't like or 2) didn't understand was a crime.

Perjury, obstruction of justice, bribery, witness tampering are against the law. They're crimes regardless of who is in the White House, or what the overall legal and political climate is re: who can or will bring action against the person who has committed such crimes.

Oh bullshit. I called out Obama for crimes (like violating the War Powers Resolution, prosecuting whistleblowers and journalists, upending standing bankruptcy law and using the IRS as a political weapon) for which you essentially poo-poo'd the whole line of thought as baseless or some such malarkey, along with claiming "Obama hasn't been convicted of anything so he's not a criminal." My entire participation in this thread is under the premise that you're a hypocrite. You're acting like I've condoned Trump's criminality - something you would be hard pressed to find an actual quote of mine to substantiate. I'm not here to debate on your terms. I'm here to poke the bear with a stick.
Oct 11 2017 04:54pm
Quote (excellence @ Oct 5 2017 02:27pm)
you wrote another long-winded rage paragraph and still admitted they can fire you. guess what! if all clients sever their contracts with the chop-shop you toil at, you've been effectively sacked. complexities like this tend to get lost on linear-only thinkers such as yourself (ones who claim hillary in an electoral landslide), but nice try nonetheless :lol:

Not so much, because "trying" is a critical part of that sentence that you clipped in half. You really have to have it for accurate characterization.

Again: this one avenue of recourse is also available to us as providers. Our same ability to attempt (an important caveat, since it further underscores that you don't understand how such relationships work) to void a contract is a measure of autonomy afforded to equals obviously not enjoyed by a typical employee in a standard employee-employer relationship: that employer/supervisor might choose to fire an employee for insufficient performance, whereas the employee is unable to do the same to the employer/supervisor.

Quote (Santara @ Oct 5 2017 03:50pm)
Oh bullshit. I called out Obama for crimes (like violating the War Powers Resolution, prosecuting whistleblowers and journalists, upending standing bankruptcy law and using the IRS as a political weapon) for which you essentially poo-poo'd the whole line of thought as baseless or some such malarkey, along with claiming "Obama hasn't been convicted of anything so he's not a criminal." My entire participation in this thread is under the premise that you're a hypocrite. You're acting like I've condoned Trump's criminality - something you would be hard pressed to find an actual quote of mine to substantiate. I'm not here to debate on your terms. I'm here to poke the bear with a stick.

You fortuitously including the IRS nontroversy here helps demonstrate how completely ridiculous your position is, this shit couldn't even pass the damn laugh test. Not only were your IRS-based accusations stupid (and easily refuted) back in 2013 but they're damn stupid now, given we have even further confirmation that this "scandal" never even actually existed, let alone constituted an actual illegality: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/10/debunked-irs-scandal-shows-theres-no-sane-wing-of-the-gop.html

Do you actually think it'd be difficult to demonstrate your never-ending adherence to IOIYAR? It doesn't even require referencing countless posts you've debased yourself in -- you gave the game away in the original thread (that or you displayed a shocking level of ignorance re: the existence of civil and criminal violations). A damn bear would eat you, I only enjoy laughing at you and sharing that joy with others.

This post was edited by Pollster on Oct 11 2017 05:11pm
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 11 2017 07:44pm
Quote (Pollster @ Oct 11 2017 05:54pm)
Yawn & dodge.

You're still a hypocrite. Nothing you wrote takes away that fact.

Yes, it would be difficult for you to find a quote by me supporting Trump criminality. If it were so easy, your research team would have pointed you to it already like you asked them to look for.
Oct 11 2017 07:49pm
Quote (Santara @ 11 Oct 2017 21:44)
You're still a hypocrite. Nothing you wrote takes away that fact.

Yes, it would be difficult for you to find a quote by me supporting Trump criminality. If it were so easy, your research team would have pointed you to it already like you asked them to look for.

Pollster is the "research team"
same one that came up with these:

Quote (Pollster @ 18 Jul 2015 12:23)
Clinton would win in an electoral landslide. I know people like to have fun discussing fringe candidates but anyone who would attempt to argue otherwise is clearly clueless regarding national and state politics. Clinton would receive at least 347 EVs, and could theoretically push into the 370s-380s if she was fortunate enough to have 6-8 months of campaigning against Trump as the Republican standard-bearer

Quote (Pollster @ 8 Jan 2016 11:56)
I keep seeing stuff like this; it's remarkable in its lack of awareness. No one is looking forward to a Trump primary win more than liberals because they're not dumb -- they know he'll get shit on in November

If Trump gets nominated then this election will be over by the time polls close in New Mexico. Everyone will get the math (78 Electoral Votes automatically going to the Democrats on the West Coast) and he'll be getting shoved up on stage to meander through some stream-of-consciousness concession speech.

Quote (Pollster @ 3 Feb 2016 12:26)
I hope he stays. The kind of districts and states this clown would put in play just boggles the mind....

Quote (Pollster @ 10 May 2016 17:27)
The Democrats do have several advantages (Electoral College

Quote (Pollster @ 1 Jul 2016 16:35)
Huffington Post has the best aggregate by far, the aptly-named "HuffPo Pollster,"

https://mobile.twitter.com/pollsterpolls?lang=en
https://mobile.twitter.com/huffpost/status/795663593689808896?lang=en
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2016/forecast/president

Quote (HuffpostPollster)
We simulated a Nov. 8 election 10 million times using our state-by-state averages. In 9.8 million simulations, Hillary Clinton ended up with at least 270 electoral votes. Therefore, we say Clinton has a 98.0 percent chance of becoming president.

Obligatory: thanks for the fuckin laugh!!!
Oct 30 2017 02:24pm
Now that indictments are starting to fly, probably a good time to nail down a uniform accountability standard since a lot of these people are (finally) going to have to face the music.

Raised this issue a little before: when do the crimes committed by associates acting as agents of Trump with his consent/benefit in mind stop being their crimes ("Flynn crimes," "Manafort crimes," "Kushner crimes" etc) and start Trump crimes? Unfortunately there's a real Constitutional question hanging over this.

Quote (Santara @ Oct 11 2017 06:44pm)
"Wahhh!!!111oneone, the additional facts you used to completely smash my claim because you're a hack!!!111oneone

This level of obliviousness really cried out for a callback to a classic. I gave you your chosen words, so you're either pleading gross ignorance on understanding how the American legal system works (among other things) or you're acknowledging that you practice IOIYAR in your little bubble, a belief you've repeatedly demonstrated here for years. Either option is totally believable (as is "both").
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1111213141517Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll