d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > How Long Did It Take You To Learn Manual?
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 23 2017 02:47pm
A good 1-2 hours. But you shouldnt be on the road after that.
Gold: 6.00
Aug 23 2017 03:09pm
Yeah about 1-2hours of stop and go. I would go out at like midnight when there wasnt many people on the road and practice getting going from 1st. I remember on like my 2nd day i was at the mcd drive thru to get my morning coffee and i stalled 3 times from the mic to the window .. i was so embarrassed :rofl:

This post was edited by Andre32 on Aug 23 2017 03:13pm
Gold: 5,159.00
Aug 24 2017 02:18am
My dad taught me in a Jeep Wrangler. Parked it facing up a hill in their woods, killed it about five times making it up.. I was ten or so. After that, was easy lol
Gold: 70.00
Aug 25 2017 10:27am
To get going about 15 minutes

Properly driving about 3-4 months of daily driving. I still make little mistakes here and there it happens
Gold: 1,255.00
Aug 26 2017 11:19am
Like 2 hours.
Gold: 279.52
Aug 27 2017 02:17pm
7 years
Gold: 1,630.00
Aug 27 2017 10:37pm
Ive driven my first manual vehicule when i was 8-10 year old , On the old 87 3/4 ton GMC Sierra, With a plow in the front , It was the Rig and the truck to open up the yard in winter , and to haul/load it with wood. DammM . If you learnt on a old truck, with a realy long shift stick , that goes strait to the floor and would make a amazing , Weapon in case u gota deal with trouble... Also , keep in mind that every clutch feels different, due to several factors, wear and tear , burning ur clutch . etc .... The new cars are so easy to clutch , u dont even need gas if u release ur clutch pedal slow and feel it lol , I know my 2007 Honda S.I coupe , Definatly was the easiest clutch.

Overall , I prefer Manual vehicule . Feels like You have more controle Overall , I do life to street race and have fun, daring people with wayyy more fast and powerfull....But ... Its all about who's behind the wheel... Im somewhat ignorant about the safety that i may or may not injure someone due to an "" accident "' But aniway yeah. Youl will get so used to it , that your going to be 1 with the clutch.... Never forget ,, All clutches feel differently ! take it easy.
Aug 29 2017 04:19pm
Bought a 5 speed Saturn ion a few years back, was 2 hours from my house on back roads... lots of stoplights on the way was pretty simple just don't get freaked out if you stall it.. I got freaked out since my second stop was on a hill and I was not quick enough yet so I just put on the e brake gave it just enough gas not to stall and let the e brake go when I hit the sweet spot on the clutch lol... It worked :)

When I got home I kept practicing stalled it twice, each time I just drove down the road a bit to shift into the higher gears before starting from a stop again.

Paid 150.00 for the ion blue book was at 3,500.00 just needed a head gasket but it made it home & ran great after I got the head resurfaced and put on the new gasket :) sold it a few weeks later, would definitely buy another 5speed! That thing was great on gas lol

Edit: buying a new car soon! Well.. Not new but new to me :D def. Going manual route again

This post was edited by NorthWestern on Aug 29 2017 04:22pm
Sep 4 2017 05:14pm
Couple days, I was super young then tho. My best advice to people just starting its key to have a steady foot. Practice holding rpms at steady 1.5k(depending on car)once you can do that without fluctuation start to engage clutch. This will wear your clutch faster than normal driving but it helps newer people that get discouraged from stalling. After you get it down, just keep practicing and evolving how much gas you give it and how and where to engage the clutch.

Every car has a different feel so if a new car you've never drove take the extra second or 2 to release the clutch until u feel it start to grab then push back down b4 stalling so you have a general idea of when to start gasing and when to slow down on letting up the clutch.

/e nice I love s2ks, I'm a big Honda/Chevy guy. S2k ap1 or ap2? If ap2 I'm jelly... I want one but the prices havnt gone down on them. My friend has one with basic boltons, only thing to watch for is the ass end tends to come out on them if turning and hit a bump or just losing traction around turns.

This post was edited by Footballstar0799 on Sep 4 2017 05:17pm
Gold: 70.00
Sep 5 2017 06:21pm
Quote (Footballstar0799 @ Sep 4 2017 07:14pm)
Couple days, I was super young then tho. My best advice to people just starting its key to have a steady foot. Practice holding rpms at steady 1.5k(depending on car)once you can do that without fluctuation start to engage clutch. This will wear your clutch faster than normal driving but it helps newer people that get discouraged from stalling. After you get it down, just keep practicing and evolving how much gas you give it and how and where to engage the clutch.

Every car has a different feel so if a new car you've never drove take the extra second or 2 to release the clutch until u feel it start to grab then push back down b4 stalling so you have a general idea of when to start gasing and when to slow down on letting up the clutch.

/e nice I love s2ks, I'm a big Honda/Chevy guy. S2k ap1 or ap2? If ap2 I'm jelly... I want one but the prices havnt gone down on them. My friend has one with basic boltons, only thing to watch for is the ass end tends to come out on them if turning and hit a bump or just losing traction around turns.

I dont think they're going to drop in price any time soon. See them sell for 16k all day long thats clean
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll