d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Dryad - The Swamp Priestess > Hc Poison Amazon
12340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14,476.00
Aug 19 2017 08:41pm

"I will purge this land of the shadows." - Dryad

Made possible by the one and only: Textbook <3 :wub:

Class - Amazon
Available skills to use (You can skill into anything for pre-req knowledge, but only allowed to use these skills): Poison Java, Plague Java, Inner Sight, Critical Strike, Dodge, Slow Missiles, Avoid, Penetrate, Decoy, Evade, Valkyrie, Pierce
Weapons available to you: Javelins, Spears, Throwing Knives, Throwing Axes, Poison potions, Staves (mostly only useful for tele charges), wands (useful for lower resist charges)
Stat utilization: A priestess focuses on their inner strength, not their outer strength. With that being said, all strength points will come from bonuses (charms, gear, etc). A priestess is only as skillful as her hands allow, in this essence, the mind and it's tool are of equal importance for such things as casting spells, curses, and enchanting weapons; you may put as many points into dexterity as you would into energy. Vitality is the essence of life, and a priestess searches daily for more ways to further their life. You may put as many points into vitality as you wish, with no exception.

Rules:
1. You may not use any weapons with elemental damage other than poison. This directly interferes with your natural abilities.
2. You may not consume antipoison potions. This directly interferes with your natural abilities. You may, however, use PLR.
3. You must always have 1 item of the "Blood" craft set equipped (exception: The beginning of the game when you dont have the supplies to make said item yet). The priestesses of the swamp believe in blood magic just as much as their natural abilities in poisons and venoms.
4. You may have a hireling, but they must do more poison damage than any other type of damage (including physical). Act 1,2 and 5 hirelings are allowed.
5. Your religious fury does not allow you to back out of your duty. You are not allowed to save and exit in a combat situation. Travel and convert safely.
6. You may not intentionally stack (or swap gear) any resistances for certain fights. You are a well balanced priestess and will always remain as such - never straying too far from equilibrium.
7. You must open every evil urn/activate every monster shrine. This helps you meet your ultimate goal (listed below).
8. When Anya, sacred friend of the swamp priestesses, gives you an item, you must use that item until you have completed the rest of that difficulty. If the item spawns with elemental damage other than poison, you may disregard this rule.
9. You may not stack/drop potions in preparation for the Ancients quest. Our swamp spirit believes in equality and fairness. You must best the Ancients without any health potions - just as they fight you without any. The ancients are honorable people, and so too will their fight with us be.

Goals:
1. Your ultimate goal is to cleanse the world of the evils that have grown. Your people have been threatened during this recent escalation of evil forces, and your swamplands are in danger of being overrun. Kill all who do not appreciate your people.
2. A more perfect world is the hope of your simple, yet determined, people. Collect the following items, and use them to create the ultimate beacon of strength and peace for your people. These items will be used to create the perfect idol.
Helm: Kira's Guardian
Armor: Guardian Angel (and eventually Tyrael's Might)
Belt: Arachnid Mesh
Gloves: Venom Grip or Trang Ouls
Boots: Sandstorm Trek
Weapon: Death's Web
Shield: Radaments Sphere
Amulet: Seraph's Hymn
Ring 1: Carrion Wind
Ring 2: Nature's Peace
Extra: 1x Green Poison Facet (any) to create the heart

As you achieve each piece, and add it into 1 specific stash cube - you will be sent a gift from the swamp spirits. You will feel slightly more wealthy in both your soul, and in your pockets.

Act restrictions

Act 3 -------
You must complete every quest, and clear every dungeon/sewer at least once.
Once you enter a sewer or dungeon (exception: Durance), the entrance locks behind you. You are trapped until you clear all remaining evil. You may not exit or use town portals until all evil has been cleansed.
You may not safe spot Mephisto (ie, sit across the channel and throw javelins).

Act 4 ------
The extreme heat in the area depletes your power - You may not wear any metal items (exception: Jewelry) to prevent any additional heat retention while fighting the evils.
You must kill Diablo in less than 5 minutes. If you are unable to do so, you will die of heat exhaustion. Please re-attempt Diablo. (This only applies to the boss fight at the end, not the entire sanctuary).

Act 5 -----
You must clear all side areas (Abadon, etc)
You must farm Shenk until you find a unique armor drop, and sell it to Larzuk. He will appreciate your generosity. Take a picture of the item you sell to him.

Extra ----
Upon any Diablo Clone attempt, you must have 0 (within +/- 10) of any/all resistances and damage reductions.

I'm super excited about this, even if I may never obtain anni, or torch.

I think my biggest issue is going to be nm chaos. Haven't done much pvm lately, but I know those are of abundance in chaos, and they're psn immune, and not only that, but I can't equip metallic items :P
This'll be a journey, I bet I fail in nm chaos.

This post was edited by Nykollah on Aug 19 2017 08:48pm
Gold: 5,440.00
Aug 19 2017 08:46pm
Intense! Good luck!
Aug 19 2017 10:06pm

And so it begins.

First +strength item (since I can't put any stats into strength, pretty good early find)

First rare! Too bad she isn't trained in the arts of clubbing.

Aug 19 2017 10:07pm

Decent start for some resists.

Her first poison damage item xD Getting somewhere!

I don't think Gheed understands what only poison means...
Aug 19 2017 10:13pm

He was a little more lenient with this one, at least I can use it..

Blood Raven's loot.

Calling it a night here. Not too horrible for level 11. Gambled 6k worth, kept the spear and equipped javs that give 10% ias.

At this point I have no short term goals, snakecord would be nice I think. Not sure what low level items are out there for poison, so tips on that aspect are welcomed!
Senior Moderator
Gold: 50,105.69
Trader: Trusted
Aug 19 2017 10:29pm
I appreciated the pm, reaching out to me to create a little challenge + story ;) Just like the old times!

Best of luck to you in your endeavors to bring about peace on behalf of the swamp folk, and the Spirit. You have quite the journey ahead of you.

:) !
Gold: 125.53
Aug 20 2017 12:06am
The perfect idol isn't wearing a blood craft :bonk:
Maybe swap out trecks?

Edit: otherwise, cool! Looking forward to some big updates

This post was edited by xr6 on Aug 20 2017 12:07am
Senior Moderator
Gold: 50,105.69
Trader: Trusted
Aug 20 2017 12:36am
Quote (xr6 @ Aug 20 2017 02:06am)
The perfect idol isn't wearing a blood craft :bonk:
Maybe swap out trecks?

Edit: otherwise, cool! Looking forward to some big updates

The priestesses believe in blood magic, and use the craft to harness it's power.
The idol is an embodiment of the great Swamp Spirit. The Swamp Spirit naturally harnesses the power of poison, venom, and blood magic naturally - without the need of such aids.
:)
The priestesses are not pure beings, and as such, require these aids to enhance their natural bodies and allow for such magic to be performed.
Gold: 125.53
Aug 20 2017 02:32am
Quote (Textbook @ Aug 20 2017 05:36pm)
The priestesses believe in blood magic, and use the craft to harness it's power.
The idol is an embodiment of the great Swamp Spirit. The Swamp Spirit naturally harnesses the power of poison, venom, and blood magic naturally - without the need of such aids.
:)
The priestesses are not pure beings, and as such, require these aids to enhance their natural bodies and allow for such magic to be performed.

My bad :hail:
Gold: 186.67
Aug 20 2017 10:30am
Seems really interesting! Best of luck

But how can you use javelin skills with wand equipped? :o
Meaning your endgame goal with Death's web as weapon

This post was edited by kyny91 on Aug 20 2017 10:30am
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
12340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll