d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Fishman's Scaled Tale Of Hardcore Grinding > P8 Hc Sp Zealer - The Long, Legit Slog.
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 390.00
Aug 18 2017 11:49am
Hello all - I was wistfully thinking abut D2 the other day, did some googling, and found the HC logs on d2jsp, I've never seen them before! A few days of account password recovery later and I've been inspired to make one myself!

I like a challenge, and I know from making SP Zealers before it's a long hard slog! Killing characters isn't too hard (once you've got crushing blow and decent speed + mercenary damage), but I'd like to see if I can also get a decent speed at mobs. I have no idea if there is going to be a way to deal with physical immunes, I presume without a weapon with epic elemental damage it won't be possible. This character *needs* a good weapon to work, previously I have farmed with MF sorcs for weapons but that's not allowed here, so I presume rune hunting will be the best way to get one.

Goals
- Be able to kill groups of monsters fast despite this (static field?)
- level 92
- Be tanky - 10k+defence, maybe have 80+resists, life tap from somewhere that isn't a wand hopefully!
- Sexy Mercenary
- Ubers
- Dclone
- Have fun
- Don't get too sad grinding MFing on P8 :D
- Don't die..

Stretch Goals
- P8 Dclone
- P8 Ubers
- Level 95

Rules:
- Use expanded stash - no sharing though
-/players 8 24/7 with following exceptions:
i. Countess may be re-run on p1
ii. Maybe Dclone/Ubers if necessary
- PlugY Enabled
- Ladder Runewords enabled
- Save and exit allowed
- May use other characters to socket q 5*
- Zeal at all times - Smite allowed on bosses

I've seen a few other Zealers out there, it seems that almost all end up using Grief, I'd like to see if I can make a good effort at it running something different!

Here goes, let's not die! :o

And so it begins..
Gold: 218.00
Aug 18 2017 11:59am
Good luck!
Gold: 0.00
Aug 18 2017 12:03pm
Hi!

Other weapons can be used endgame, obviously. Grief is OP and fast, hence the reason we love it. Could finish with a nice ethereal "Oath", or Crescent Moon PB as well, which also gives you Static and works nicely with a shock zealot. But unless you've got a Grief the chances of hitting 4 frame zeal without Fanatacism are low.

If you go the elemental route you'll need to make up AR somehow. I used a BA merc until I got Angelic ring+ammy, then swapped to Might merc.
Aug 18 2017 12:14pm
Stepping out from Tristram our hero begins his journey, luckily someone has left a load of valuable gems under a rock to fund our Hedge-Knight's first battle-gear ;)

Something shiny to help me deal with that crazy lady Kashya said hangs out in a graveyard?

That took some time!

This post was edited by Elements1 on Aug 18 2017 12:17pm
Aug 18 2017 12:16pm
Fyi only three images to a post
Aug 18 2017 12:20pm
Quote (Vindication08 @ Aug 18 2017 05:59pm)
Good luck!

Cheers :)

Quote (Khboer @ Aug 18 2017 06:03pm)
Hi!

Other weapons can be used endgame, obviously. Grief is OP and fast, hence the reason we love it. Could finish with a nice ethereal "Oath", or Crescent Moon PB as well, which also gives you Static and works nicely with a shock zealot. But unless you've got a Grief the chances of hitting 4 frame zeal without Fanatacism are low.

If you go the elemental route you'll need to make up AR somehow. I used a BA merc until I got Angelic ring+ammy, then swapped to Might merc.

Thanks mate - I'll be going for Fanaticism I think - so hitting the frames shouldn't be too hard with a flail/PB/other quick weapon hopefully! I don't think Elemental damage will be too easy to get unless I get lucky with drops, taking a few charms in the stash should help though I'm sure :)

OOps - 3 images per post is going to slow this down!

The path of a blessed warrior is a lonely one, Kashya reqarded my efforts with a stalwart warrior to help me out...

Annor wasn't cut out for the hard life of a holy knight, so Fishman traded her in for someone with a better name ;)

One graveyard haunting Bloodraven down I'm on a quest to find someone's Grandad in a quaint village a little way down the road from town

This post was edited by Elements1 on Aug 18 2017 12:22pm
Gold: 25.00
Aug 18 2017 12:34pm
Tracking! :thumbsup:
Gold: 22,340.41
Aug 18 2017 12:44pm
Good luck, tracking!
Aug 18 2017 01:05pm
Quote (Elements1 @ Aug 18 2017 10:20am)
Thanks mate - I'll be going for Fanaticism I think - so hitting the frames shouldn't be too hard with a flail/PB/other quick weapon hopefully! I don't think Elemental damage will be too easy to get unless I get lucky with drops, taking a few charms in the stash should help though I'm sure :)

Or you get a source of Decrep/Amp to break PIs. Or put 1 pt to Vengeance and some into RF/RL instead of Defiance. Or make Passion for 1pt Zerk. Or VoR for Orb, cold damage, and ice blast.

Lots of ways to do it
Aug 18 2017 01:12pm
Cheers guys, and thanks for even more info @Khboer, would be cool to run something different for sure! Although I'm sure this is going to get very hard pretty soon :)

Blaise is doing nicely!

Nicee! Not for me though.

Upgrade time!
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll