d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Sushi
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 32,090.31
Aug 22 2017 08:44pm
Quote (dark-soul @ Aug 22 2017 01:05pm)
You never go out to eat? Missing out brah. I go out to a restaurant once every or every other week. Obviously he didn't mean to eat sushi every day so if you meant you eat Moe's every day then you're spending a ton of money on food per month.

Nah my point was that $30 can get me almost a week of Moe's. I worded that terribly.

Last night the girl and I went out to a Mexican place around me that serves a platter of nachos for $14 and we couldn't even finish it all. I'm all about the deals.

Sick of going to restaurants and having to pay out the ass for food and then tip on top of that, only to have times where the food is just terrible.
Gold: 108.01
Aug 22 2017 10:39pm
Quote (Braxton11 @ Aug 22 2017 06:44pm)
Nah my point was that $30 can get me almost a week of Moe's. I worded that terribly.

Last night the girl and I went out to a Mexican place around me that serves a platter of nachos for $14 and we couldn't even finish it all. I'm all about the deals.

Sick of going to restaurants and having to pay out the ass for food and then tip on top of that, only to have times where the food is just terrible.

Half of dining out is the ambiance / experience, some people find the package worth it, some people would rather grab a deal and take it home. All about preference. :love:

edit: On topic think about how often Japanese culture eats fresh fish, you're probably pretty safe to eat sushi to your hearts content OP!

This post was edited by LightClaw on Aug 22 2017 10:42pm
Gold: 770.00
Aug 23 2017 01:44am
Quote (LightClaw @ Aug 22 2017 08:39pm)
Half of dining out is the ambiance / experience, some people find the package worth it, some people would rather grab a deal and take it home. All about preference. :love:

edit: On topic think about how often Japanese culture eats fresh fish, you're probably pretty safe to eat sushi to your hearts content OP!

Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour
Gold: 1,291.69
Aug 23 2017 07:05am
Quote (wesley123 @ Aug 19 2017 02:53am)
7 days.

If your fear is from mercury than relax, that amount of consumption isn't going to be detrimental.

Not exactly true, mercury is a cumulative toxin and its rate of excretion can differ largely from person to person.

I've seen a couple pay to access studies (no longer have access to the journal) that showed markers of neurological damage from the mercury content in a mediterranean diet.

We've managed to fuck up the healthiest diet we had with pollution, gg.
Gold: Locked
Aug 23 2017 09:55am
Quote (Condemn @ Aug 23 2017 09:05am)
Not exactly true, mercury is a cumulative toxin and its rate of excretion can differ largely from person to person.

I've seen a couple pay to access studies (no longer have access to the journal) that showed markers of neurological damage from the mercury content in a mediterranean diet.

So who is right
Gold: 1.00
Aug 23 2017 10:13am
Quote (Condemn @ Aug 23 2017 09:05am)

Do you remember the quantity of intake though on a daily basis from those reports? My thought is 10-14 pieces of sushi per day (likley not even 7 days a week), not all containing mercury (very minimal amounts in salmon) based on the OP's description of what he likes to eat would not be harmful due to the minimal quantity of intake.

http://www.ewg.org/research/ewg-s-consumer-guide-seafood/seafood-calculator?fish_form_weight=200&fish_form_age=adult&fish_form_gender=M&fish_form_pregnant=&fish_form_heart_disease=N#.WZ2M5SiGPIU

This site is questionable as i would need to research the background on it and I bet its on the safe side, but it would suggest he could intake easily 12 oz of tuna a week with zero issues what so ever. There is not likely 12oz of tuna in that much sushi unless the serving size of the fish is better than anywhere I go!

Be interesting to see multiple different studies. Just don't have the time right now to look and read something in detail.

This post was edited by wesley123 on Aug 23 2017 10:21am
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll