d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Sony >
Poll > Tekken 7, Street Fighter V Or Mortal Kombat Xl
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 560.00
Aug 21 2017 10:17am
Quote (Property_Damage @ Aug 17 2017 06:58pm)
1 v 1me

shoot me invite sometime, we already added each other
Gold: 9,181.50
Aug 21 2017 11:22am
Quote (doublebarreldoom2shotgun @ Aug 21 2017 11:17am)
shoot me invite sometime, we already added each other

I will, just gotta finish off a few quick games, clearing out some backlog
Gold: 0.69
Aug 21 2017 11:47am
Quote (Sasori @ Aug 18 2017 03:02pm)
what? probably the largest esports genre on console, in terms of attendance at majors. nothing on any console comes remotely close.

and it's basically overtaking cod soon for $$$ output at majors as well[B/]

Halo world championship 2016 - $2.5 million
Cod xp championship 2016 - $2 million

Capcom cup 2016 - Street Fighter V - $360k

They may have attendence but they are making 5x less. Halo 5 still has the $1 million for the championship every year. I don't think any fighting game has ever come close to having a million dollars up for grabs.
Cod also has a much bigger player base and fan base as well as having way more money.
Fighting games are cool and all but they will never be as big as fps games in esports.

This post was edited by Goobear on Aug 21 2017 11:48am
Gold: 293.50
Aug 27 2017 01:10am
Quote (Goobear @ Aug 21 2017 11:47am)
Halo world championship 2016 - $2.5 million
Cod xp championship 2016 - $2 million

Capcom cup 2016 - Street Fighter V - $360k

They may have attendence but they are making 5x less. Halo 5 still has the $1 million for the championship every year. I don't think any fighting game has ever come close to having a million dollars up for grabs.
Cod also has a much bigger player base and fan base as well as having way more money.
Fighting games are cool and all but they will never be as big as fps games in esports.

i was talking about annual amounts, thats one tournament vs capcom cup, if you factor in tournaments all year long the FGC actually wins, plus smash players make a utter fuck load too. injustice pro series + capcom pro tour = same community, smash is kinda the same community but slightly not, but even if you dont count smash the numbers def pass them annually.

also cod has absolutely no attendance to events, like it's literal shit, you're talking to a guy who actually plays call of duty competitively at a high level as well as fighting games, i know both scenes. Evo 2016 had over a thousand people sign up for SFV, just that one game is more people than like 10 cod tournament entries
Aug 27 2017 01:11am
Quote (ORVAR @ Aug 16 2017 11:45am)
Oh really? I would hope people would say Mortal Kombat, because it's up for just 17€ heh

Tekken 7 is about 45€ and Street Fighter V is about 15€ but I heard so much bad about this one

it's fine, also tekken 7 is a very hard game to be good at and requires dedication, but is very rewarding and fun, injustice over MK for sure, and SFV isn't bad if you understand it.
Gold: 0.69
Aug 27 2017 11:27am
Quote (Sasori @ Aug 26 2017 11:10pm)
i was talking about annual amounts, thats one tournament vs capcom cup, if you factor in tournaments all year long the FGC actually wins, plus smash players make a utter fuck load too. injustice pro series + capcom pro tour = same community, smash is kinda the same community but slightly not, but even if you dont count smash the numbers def pass them annually.

also cod has absolutely no attendance to events, like it's literal shit, you're talking to a guy who actually plays call of duty competitively at a high level as well as fighting games, i know both scenes. Evo 2016 had over a thousand people sign up for SFV, just that one game is more people than like 10 cod tournament entries

Umm when did I ask about your cod background the game is a joke.

Also can you post numbers because you are not providing any evidence just you saying it is as well as that you are a pro cod player LOL.

You may be right but I really don't think they earn more. Because I know Halo has multiple big tournaments during the year with the championship being $1 million. Pretty sure halo gives out more money annually then those fighting games. Also if you want to combine all the fighting games into one you got to merge Halo with cod and then they easily win.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 3 2017 06:09pm
Most fun tekken ever
Gold: 220.00
Sep 4 2017 10:35am
mk or injustice>
Sep 5 2017 10:53am
Quote (Goobear @ Aug 27 2017 11:27am)
Umm when did I ask about your cod background the game is a joke.

Also can you post numbers because you are not providing any evidence just you saying it is as well as that you are a pro cod player LOL.

You may be right but I really don't think they earn more. Because I know Halo has multiple big tournaments during the year with the championship being $1 million. Pretty sure halo gives out more money annually then those fighting games. Also if you want to combine all the fighting games into one you got to merge Halo with cod and then they easily win.

you dont mix cod with halo because they aren't the same community, but every fighting game is one big community. very very different. the FGC compared to any single game on console, the FGC is definitely larger / older / has more competition

E: evo 2016 just checked, had over 5K entrants for Street fighter 5, 5 thousand individual people. name me ONE SINGLE TEAM TOURNAMENT IN ANY GAME IN GAMING HISTORY, to hit numbers like that thats over a thousand teams if you cut into teams of 4, a thousand teams in teams of 5, pot was like 50 - 75k and that isn't counting entrance from each player, which is 50+$

50 x 5000

i know math is tough but that shits on most halo/cod tournaments, i've competed at MLG/UMG events and i've played comp cod for 8 years, i also played halo. and i'm aware of what they win. keep in mind halo pays like shit right now and is in HUGE decline too.

This post was edited by Sasori on Sep 5 2017 10:58am
Gold: 0.00
Sep 7 2017 09:54pm
Killer Instinct!

I think street fighter has gone way too far from their roots

Personally I like Soul Calibur a lot on the good ol Dreamcast!

Marvel VS Capcom really made my arms hurt from playing it.. I guess that's my pick for a Sony system... Marvel vs capcom on psx

I did purchase mk something on xbox1 and I haven't even played it since christmas when I bought it... I think... geez... what a waste of money!! I already had it on the PC and played it 1 or 2 times for a few minutes.

Don't buy streetfighter it's a disgrace!!
Go Back To Sony Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll