d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > RuneScape > New To Runescape
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 83.42
Aug 10 2017 08:32pm
So new to runescape, never played before. Taking a break from D2

Question.. can i progress through this game without a membership? I mean end game wise.

Is the membership monthly worth it?

Or should i just wait till i get the hang of it..
Gold: 65.00
Aug 10 2017 08:33pm
Quote (ZwaGG @ Aug 10 2017 07:32pm)
So new to runescape, never played before. Taking a break from D2

Question.. can i progress through this game without a membership? I mean end game wise.

Is the membership monthly worth it?

Or should i just wait till i get the hang of it..

there is no end game... all that awaits you is completionist cape and then death.
but you could get membership and fast track your exp. or chill out in the f2p.

This post was edited by Vargo_Hoat on Aug 10 2017 08:34pm
Aug 10 2017 08:38pm
Quote (Vargo_Hoat @ Aug 10 2017 06:33pm)
there is no end game... all that awaits you is completionist cape and then death.
but you could get membership and fast track your exp. or chill out in the f2p.

Ah okay i see. Yeah didn't read much about the membership if it gave benefits or not. Well going to try this out now.. Pretty fun so far, i like how i can just play this at work as well lol
Gold: 0.00
Aug 10 2017 08:44pm
I would just become a member, most of the stuff is members only. Just dont let membership keep you from wanting to play since once you get members it's easily maintained
Gold: 24.99
Aug 10 2017 11:26pm
Quote (NorthWestern @ Aug 10 2017 10:44pm)
I would just become a member, most of the stuff is members only. Just dont let membership keep you from wanting to play since once you get members it's easily maintained

this, f2p is like a trial version of the game, once u get to lv 40-50 or higher in f2p skills, the better items and methods are limited to members

there a much more things to do in members
Gold: 0.00
Aug 11 2017 01:13am
i would suggest playing free to play to start out.
you only get access to about half the skills, and a portion of the world, but you'll get the general feel of the game.
when you're in the lvl 30-50 average skill range and, assuming you enjoy the game, go for members and explore what other skills you can do, along with the rest of the world to explore.
there aren't that many low level money making methods, and those that exist often come with low exp for the time, but it's completely possible to maintain membership through bonds.
the other option would be to go straight into membership and roll with it, though you might not be as well equipped to maintain membership through bonds, but if paying membership is no issue, go for it.

if you feel like dropping some money for membership, theres a yearly subscription that comes around some time near the end of the year.
the yearly subscription will also come with various perks that will be acquired through the year. most of which are cosmetic rewards, though there may be others.
the yearly subscription is also cheaper than paying it month by month, but at a large one time yearly payment. so if you need to save up ~$100, you know now :)
Aug 11 2017 01:20am
Quote (Kokua @ Aug 10 2017 11:13pm)
i would suggest playing free to play to start out.
you only get access to about half the skills, and a portion of the world, but you'll get the general feel of the game.
when you're in the lvl 30-50 average skill range and, assuming you enjoy the game, go for members and explore what other skills you can do, along with the rest of the world to explore.
there aren't that many low level money making methods, and those that exist often come with low exp for the time, but it's completely possible to maintain membership through bonds.
the other option would be to go straight into membership and roll with it, though you might not be as well equipped to maintain membership through bonds, but if paying membership is no issue, go for it.

if you feel like dropping some money for membership, theres a yearly subscription that comes around some time near the end of the year.
the yearly subscription will also come with various perks that will be acquired through the year. most of which are cosmetic rewards, though there may be others.
the yearly subscription is also cheaper than paying it month by month, but at a large one time yearly payment. so if you need to save up ~$100, you know now :)

Yeah i'm loving this game already lol. This game gives me the old school feel. Its simple for now but keeps me entertained. Will probably get the membership soon. Already level 20. So i'm looking forward to unlocking the full benefit of the game.
Gold: 2,888.00
Aug 11 2017 08:36am
Membership helps out a ton.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 11 2017 11:15am
Starting out you can do f2p but you will quickly realize the game is a whole new experience with members
Gold: 31.00
Aug 11 2017 01:07pm
f2p is like the trial version of rs

This post was edited by Darkbonkers on Aug 11 2017 01:07pm
Go Back To RuneScape Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll