d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Homework Help > Taking College Online?
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 9 2017 04:18pm
How do they do tests/quizes/exams/etc... DO you take them in person?

Do you turn in homework online?

This post was edited by ferf on Aug 9 2017 04:18pm
Gold: 283.41
Aug 9 2017 06:55pm
Last one of these I had handled most of the coursework online. I think there was maybe a face to face for certain lectures and initiating group projects.

Mind you this was also being served up at the campus I was attending

Any marginally organized instructor should have it very well spelled out.

Think our quizzes were verbal with lecture conference
Gold: 2,673.69
Aug 9 2017 08:36pm
Quote (ferf @ Aug 9 2017 02:18pm)
How do they do tests/quizes/exams/etc... DO you take them in person?

Do you turn in homework online?

Sometimes you'll have to take assessments in person. It all depends on the class/department from your college.

If the class isn't for your major then I would take it online.

/e if the lecture class has a portion of the grading as "participation" or "attendance" then it's a joke. You'll save much more time taking it online and dodging the hours of nonsense in class.

This post was edited by brigadier on Aug 9 2017 08:40pm
Gold: 92.71
Warn: 50%
Aug 10 2017 02:39pm
You take the tests proctored
Gold: 9,970.00
Aug 14 2017 12:10am
go in person if you can. online classes are trash you don't learn shit
Gold: 664.00
Aug 14 2017 12:56pm
Quote (Zpot @ Aug 14 2017 01:10am)
go in person if you can. online classes are trash you don't learn shit

That simply isn't true.

I'm working on an MBA currently thru an online university. Learned plenty.

Each university is similar for their 'online programs' which require one or more discussion posts each week along with written assignments. Most of my classes (entire bachelor's + all but 1 class of master's) have been this way, lots of written work. The two mathematics classes I took required exams which were proctored. They remote view your system, watch you on webcam (required) and basically make sure you're not cheating. They even check your ID before you start to make sure the person taking the exam looks like the person in the ID, and that the ID matches the registration for the course.
Gold: 6,723.69
Aug 17 2017 07:45am
I had an MCAT prepping course and it didn't really test you (since the MCAT will be doing that also); It did have simulated online tests where you could test your understanding of a subject.
It worked very well for me :)
Gold: 69.00
Aug 19 2017 08:19pm
its amazing, do it if possible. Much easier to err..cheat, and professors seem to be a little more lenient if you turn things in late(*although you shouldnt)

its probably going to be a bunch of powerpoints/web material and a quiz at the end. Proctored exams(sometimes they are not). I had much more success taking online classes, for example things like undergrad chemistry. I sure as hell wasnt gonna take it on campus.I'd advise to also take hard sciences online if possible, things like calculus, statistics, you get the point.

This post was edited by Trickshottr on Aug 19 2017 08:19pm
Gold: 7,805.79
Aug 29 2017 06:52pm
Quote (Petro @ Aug 14 2017 02:56pm)
That simply isn't true.

I'm working on an MBA currently thru an online university. Learned plenty.

Each university is similar for their 'online programs' which require one or more discussion posts each week along with written assignments. Most of my classes (entire bachelor's + all but 1 class of master's) have been this way, lots of written work. The two mathematics classes I took required exams which were proctored. They remote view your system, watch you on webcam (required) and basically make sure you're not cheating. They even check your ID before you start to make sure the person taking the exam looks like the person in the ID, and that the ID matches the registration for the course.

It honestly is true. I've taken online classes and in person. Don't say it is what you make of it, or it depends on the person. There are concepts and real world examples a professor can give you that you won't learn online or through a textbook. Most online professors don't have the ability to truly engage students over a message board/email. Learning is better done in person. Your classes have all been online, so your statement is biased/lacks both sides. Those discussion posts are Bs too btw imo.

This post was edited by Pick on Aug 29 2017 06:53pm
Gold: 664.00
Aug 30 2017 03:52pm
Quote (Pick @ Aug 29 2017 07:52pm)
It honestly is true. I've taken online classes and in person. Don't say it is what you make of it, or it depends on the person. There are concepts and real world examples a professor can give you that you won't learn online or through a textbook. Most online professors don't have the ability to truly engage students over a message board/email. Learning is better done in person. Your classes have all been online, so your statement is biased/lacks both sides. Those discussion posts are Bs too btw imo.

I took 2 years of courses in person before going the online route so I've got experience on both sides.

I learn much better on my own. If I need help with something then I ask, otherwise I don't personally find the need for the full explanations provided by instructors.

This however, will not be the case for everyone.

I will absolutely agree, discussion posts are BS.
Go Back To Homework Help Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll