d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > A Tale Told By Chuckie, The Scared Classis Barb > P8 Hardcore Classic
Prev123411Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.00
Aug 6 2017 10:10am
Quote (Khboer @ Aug 5 2017 02:47pm)
In classic, WW was the way to go, as there were no weapon speed breakpoints. You were fast with whatever you had.

This. WW is really the only way to go. I had a successful frenzy barbarian but that wasn't until I had 2 Nagas with 190+ed each.

This post was edited by RiseAgainst1 on Aug 6 2017 10:10am
Gold: 11,483.74
Aug 7 2017 10:41am
Quote (PikaBhew @ Aug 5 2017 10:25am)
Love the introduction. Good luck! What type of barb you going? I don't know classic very well, and don't know if there is a "better" route to take.

Quote (Khboer @ Aug 5 2017 11:47am)
In classic, WW was the way to go, as there were no weapon speed breakpoints. You were fast with whatever you had.

this man seems to know a lot about a lot ;) this is the plan. i will probably try to just avoid using respecs, so i most likely will just be running around with a 2h with a lvl 1 concentration until ww and then go 2h ww the rest of the game. i haven't done a classic barb in about a decade and i don't typically play melee chars, so this will be fun. i want to try to get a bonesnap and rock out with it most of the game. *crosses fingers*

Quote (live_free_die_hard09 @ Aug 5 2017 03:40pm)
I am going to follow as well classic is the shizzz gl mate and hope u get your hands on a bone snap asap

really hoping so. iirc, bonesnap should be my end game weapon.

thank you to everyone for the support and follows. chuckie really needs it since he is such a puss. since he is learning as he goes, any advice to the poor bastard is appreciated ^_^
p.s. feel free to laugh your asses off at any noobness that i'm sure will come in this thread. :lol:
Gold: 71.01
Aug 7 2017 04:57pm
Hope you find something like this. or better :thumbsup:
Gold: 0.00
Aug 7 2017 05:34pm
Quote (MGD3 @ Aug 7 2017 04:57pm)
Hope you find something like this. or better :thumbsup:
https://s1.postimg.org/jckxjczkf/5cgmfs.jpg

Is this sp? :drool:
Gold: 71.01
Aug 7 2017 05:35pm
Quote (live_free_die_hard09 @ 7 Aug 2017 18:34)
Is this sp? :drool:

Na I saw that on classic forums. There are some gg rares though. Soul scratch exe. :drool:
Gold: 0.00
Aug 8 2017 12:03am
Quote (tehtwitchy @ Aug 7 2017 08:41am)
this man seems to know a lot about a lot ;) this is the plan.

LOL, I know just enough to get myself to a point where i think I know more and end up saying a lot of dumb things about d2. That said, the only things I really remember about classic are no WW bps, shields actually blocked at their listed rate and didn't rely on dex, hammerdongs were perfectly viable without Enigma, and Iratha set rocked.
Gold: 395.00
Aug 8 2017 11:25am
Can't wait to see dem red grim helms! Find an SOJ and pop an amethyst in there!
Gold: 65.00
Aug 8 2017 11:53am
sick can't wait to see, GL
Gold: 11,483.74
Aug 9 2017 09:53am
i started my way out of the crummy town i started in since i went through the portal near jacob's house. my legs and hands were trembling with this crappy weapon and shield they gave me to fend for my life. but the only way to get back home was to venture through.. getting stronger by killing these monsters..

i was in the blood moor. i see zombies, porcupines and these midget devil worshipers with cardboard sword cut-outs. is this some kind of joke? i could sense that they truly were evil, but they were just standing around for the most part. i started slaying these monsters as i worked my way towards the den of evil as akara had asked me. this seemed pathetic. i don't have time to waste to be fighting zombies that take beatings but don't attack back -- i must skip ahead!

i pass the den of evil and pass the archer who told me to turn back, but i didn't listen. i found what they call a way point in the cold plains, and just after i claimed it, more devil worshipers and some hunters, equipped with a real sword and shield started to surround me. OMG. i--i howled in fear. to my amazement, my howl scared them off and they ran in the opposite direction for a moment, which gave me time to wail away and slay a few of them. i kept doing this until i was able to slay all of these evil bastards.

i could not believe it. i survived! that was terrifying! i had never been in a fight before, yet here i was killing evil creatures! my heart was beating out of my chest and i booked it, back to the blood moor. i know now that i must work my way through these quests that are given to me so i can become stronger before progressing through these lands.

i advance to the den of evil which is not so bad now that i know this howl tactic. i know it sounds like i am a pansy for howling to get the edge on these monsters, but you get surrounded by evil and see how brave you are!!!!

these monsters have been dropping equipment, which i am surely going to use, as the townsfolk only gave me the small shield & axe. most of the stuff dropping look pretty dumpy. one of these monsters dropped a pair of gloves that i picked up and put on. it's the first pair i've found that don't have holes in the fingers. this will help not get blisters from all the axe swinging.

this was disturbing -- i worked my way to the end of the den and found a blue zombie. this must be the leader zombie. he was a lot stronger than the normal zombies i had encountered. i howled. nothing happened and he continued swinging his cold undead arms at me. i can't believe i was being bitch slapped by a zombie! i remembered these glowing red health potions that were given to me before leaving town, and i quickly drank one while in combat. the liquid made me feel more alive, and i was able to continue swinging my pathetic butter knife of an axe at this champion zombie. from the movies, i knew you go for the head when fighting a zombie, and that's what i was doing. after what seemed like 100 swings, my blunt weapon finally dug into the zombies neck, and was beheaded! this was the last monster in the den of evil, and i had finished my first quest given to me. i heard a cling on the ground as the head fell, and a shiny amulet rolled on the ground towards my feet. i bent down and grabbed it, wiped the blood off the chain and decided to wear it as an inspiration to continue forward.

Gold: 65.00
Aug 9 2017 09:58am
:) awesome lore and story telling. Tracking for sure
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev123411Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll