d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Putin Expels Almost 1000 Us Diplomats From Russia > In Response To Sanctions
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.37
Jul 31 2017 09:01am
:unsure:
Gold: 17,384.69
Jul 31 2017 09:30am
As part of the legislation, America will impose sanctions on Russia for their alleged interference in the 2016 presidential campaign, as well their failure to implement a ceasefire in Ukraine. Further sanctions will also be placed on Iran and North Korea for their widespread support for terrorism and development of missile technologies.

I though it was only a rumor ? ^_^
Gold: 18,534.02
Jul 31 2017 09:43am
Collusion Confirmed.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 31 2017 10:03am
Rip our spys
Gold: 0.00
Jul 31 2017 10:23am
I hope these sanctions crush the Russian economy. Putin the war criminal should be put on his knees.
Gold: 10.77
Jul 31 2017 10:23am
Cool, so we know which ones are double agents now.
Gold: 7,371.00
Jul 31 2017 11:40am
Quote (Golden_Order @ Jul 31 2017 09:23am)
I hope these sanctions crush the Russian economy. Putin the war criminal should be put on his knees.

That's because you're a piece of shit.

99% of Russians have nothing to do with Putins decisions. The people that are usually the most hurt by sanctions are the average citizens, especially the poor that as a result of these tit-for-tat sanctions ends up bearing the heavier brunt. Crushing an economy means their commodity prices go up, lower GDP, the price of goods goes up, etc, which again is most felt by the middle and lower class. The oligarchs, although i'm sure inconvenienced, are definitely not feeling the effects when buying groceries or as they're vacationing in Malta with tens of millions in regulation havens.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jul 31 2017 11:56am
Gold: 3.33
Jul 31 2017 12:18pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jul 31 2017 06:40pm)
That's because you're a piece of shit.

99% of Russians have nothing to do with Putins decisions. The people that are usually the most hurt by sanctions are the average citizens, especially the poor that as a result of these tit-for-tat sanctions ends up bearing the heavier brunt. Crushing an economy means their commodity prices go up, lower GDP, the price of goods goes up, etc, which again is most felt by the middle and lower class. The oligarchs, although i'm sure inconvenienced, are definitely not feeling the effects when buying groceries or as they're vacationing in Malta with tens of millions in regulation havens.

I agree somewhat that the ordinary people are not to blame here, but let's be real. They had a golden chance to rebuild their country after the Soviet Union collapsed, yet they gravitated towards a strongman dictator, like every other time. People need to take personal responsibility for who runs their country; I would never let someone like that in power and if it ever happened I'd be willing to die fighting them in whatever way I could.
Gold: 7,371.00
Jul 31 2017 12:42pm
Quote (dro94 @ Jul 31 2017 11:18am)
I agree somewhat that the ordinary people are not to blame here, but let's be real. They had a golden chance to rebuild their country after the Soviet Union collapsed, yet they gravitated towards a strongman dictator, like every other time. People need to take personal responsibility for who runs their country; I would never let someone like that in power and if it ever happened I'd be willing to die fighting them in whatever way I could.

Relax there key board warrior, no you wouldn't, you would be in tears within an hour or two of being in a windoless room with a FSB interrogator.

Putin being good or bad for Russia is subjective, no matter how much most of you in chorus want to cry on here.

When the average Russian sees vegetable and fruit prices sky rocket in a matter months because the US and western EU nations imposed sanctions they don't blame Putin, they blame the west. When NATO expands eastwards, even though they vouched they wouldn't in the 90s and are encircling Russia with missile systems, again they don't blame Putin but view us as the adversary. There's a reason why he has 80% approval rates, when we play the part of the villain just like Putins propaganda suggests, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

The Russians historically have always gravitated towards the strongmen to lead, you imposing your western blueprint of what a successful governance is and what their country should look like is a bit eccentric. It's the same reason democracy and our standards don't really work in many places around the world like the ME, Russia, China, etc.
Gold: 3.33
Jul 31 2017 12:50pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jul 31 2017 07:42pm)
Relax there key board warrior, no you wouldn't, you would be in tears within an hour or two of being in a windoless room with a FSB interrogator.

Putin being good or bad for Russia is subjective, no matter how much most of you in chorus want to cry on here.

When the average Russian sees vegetable and fruit prices sky rocket in a matter months because the US and western EU nations imposed sanctions they don't blame Putin, they blame the west. When NATO expands eastwards, even though they vouched they wouldn't in the 90s and are encircling Russia with missile systems, again they don't blame Putin but view us as the adversary. There's a reason why he has 80% approval rates, when we play the part of the villain just like Putins propaganda suggests, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

The Russians historically have always gravitated towards the strongmen to lead, you imposing your western blueprint of what a successful governance is and what their country should look like is a bit eccentric. It's the same reason democracy and our standards don't really work in many places around the world like the ME, Russia, China, etc.

Breaking under torture isn't indicative of my willingness to fight, 99.99% of people would do the same when their head is put in a vice and their fingernails are prised out. That doesn't mean I wouldn't act against an authoritarian government in any way I could.

Putin being bad for Russia is subjective in the same way that it's subjective Kim Jong Un is bad for North Korea, an authoriarian oligarch who puts his personal ambition ahead of his people's prosperity and engages in shameless revanchism.

Yes, I'm applying our extremely high standards of governing to other countries that hold a lot of sway in the world, shame on me.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll