d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Scaramucci Thread > Let Me Entertain You
Prev156789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Jul 31 2017 02:50pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 31 2017 01:48pm)
I think this move shows Trump is serious about getting his administration's shit together. Odds are things will still be chaotic, but if I were a liberal I'd be a little nervous.

I'd have to see some restraint on his end and some more professional signings and behavior before I start throwing around claims like that.
Gold: 5,895.00
Jul 31 2017 02:53pm
lol Scaramucci

Gold: 5,895.00
Jul 31 2017 02:58pm
Quote (fender @ Jul 31 2017 03:46pm)
the mooch had to go because the president felt his comments were... "inappropriate for someone in that position"...

i mean, holy shit, just when you thought this couldn't be any more ridiculous. "inappropriate comments" as a reason - coming from TRUMP! i'm dead...

lol. Yes and it's OK for Trump to tell cops to rough up suspects, too...

Gotta admit, kinda enjoying Trump as POTUS, it's great television him failing so much. Only way this comedy show gets any better is if Donald commits suicide during a live broadcast.
Gold: 3.33
Jul 31 2017 02:58pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 31 2017 09:48pm)
I think this move shows Trump is serious about getting his administration's shit together. Odds are things will still be chaotic, but if I were a liberal I'd be a little nervous.

So he appoints a loudmouth financier from wall st with no political experience, fires him a week later after he is a total trainwreck and it somehow signals strength from Trump?

I feel like his blunders are so often and severe that we, including the media have become collectively desensitised to his obvious stupidity, and yes, mental illness.

This post was edited by dro94 on Jul 31 2017 03:01pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 31 2017 03:05pm
Quote (dro94 @ Jul 31 2017 03:58pm)
So he appoints a loudmouth financier from wall st with no political experience, fires him a week later after he is a total trainwreck and it somewhat signals strength from Trump?

I feel like his blunders are so often and severe that we, including the media have become collectively desensitised to his obvious stupidity, and yes, mental illness.

No, that move was spontaneous and idiotic. Deciding to give your new chief of staff permission to correct your mistake says to me that Trump is taking this seriously. The White House also made clear everyone reports to Kelly.

Like I said, I don't think Trump has the ability to change as a person/leader, so things will most likely stay chaotic, but I think he made the right move by hiring Kelly and firing Mooch.

I agree with your last point.

This post was edited by IceMage on Jul 31 2017 03:06pm
Gold: Locked
Jul 31 2017 03:08pm
Quote (dro94 @ Jul 31 2017 01:58pm)
So he appoints a loudmouth financier from wall st with no political experience, fires him a week later after he is a total trainwreck and it somehow signals strength from Trump?

Quote (IceMage @ Jul 31 2017 02:05pm)
No, that move was spontaneous and idiotic. Deciding to give your new chief of staff permission to correct your mistake says to me that Trump is taking this seriously. The White House also made clear everyone reports to Kelly.

Like I said, I don't think Trump has the ability to change as a person/leader, so things will most likely stay chaotic, but I think he made the right move by hiring Kelly and firing Mooch.

I agree with your last point.

Yeah, histrionic personality disorder seems a pretty easy and obvious one to throw out there.
Gold: 107.77
Jul 31 2017 03:14pm
Gold: 2,570.91
Jul 31 2017 03:33pm
:rofl:
Gold: 22,189.49
Jul 31 2017 04:29pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 31 2017 02:48pm)

nah. Declaring they're going to get serious about fighting the war they've been fighting since before inauguration? If anything, the opposition should have cause to be more confident, because the Scaramucci affair was an entirely self-inflicted injury. Sean Spicer, Scaramucci, Rinced Penis, they weren't taken down by media furor or witch hunts or controversies getting exposed. They were all needless blunders due to incompetency. Meanwhile all the previous casualties like Mike Flynn and Jeff Session's recusal and Carter Page and Paul Manafort- they were all destroyed by extraordinary offensive campaigns and let loose in damage control. Russia didn't make Trump hire Scaramucci
Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 31 2017 04:52pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jul 31 2017 05:29pm)
nah. Declaring they're going to get serious about fighting the war they've been fighting since before inauguration? If anything, the opposition should have cause to be more confident, because the Scaramucci affair was an entirely self-inflicted injury. Sean Spicer, Scaramucci, Rinced Penis, they weren't taken down by media furor or witch hunts or controversies getting exposed. They were all needless blunders due to incompetency. Meanwhile all the previous casualties like Mike Flynn and Jeff Session's recusal and Carter Page and Paul Manafort- they were all destroyed by extraordinary offensive campaigns and let loose in damage control. Russia didn't make Trump hire Scaramucci

Why are you conflating the hiring of Scaramucci with the firing of Scaramucci? Trump's entire presidency has been filled with needless blunders due to incompetency, and now he's empowering his new chief of staff.

Flynn lied to the Vice President, that's not a media creation. Plenty of objective lawyers agreed that Sessions needed to recuse himself. Comey was another needless blunder that forced the deputy AG to appoint a special counsel.

This post was edited by IceMage on Jul 31 2017 04:55pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev156789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll