d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Sterilization For Reduced Sentencing > Tennessee Judge Makes Offer
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 500.00
Jul 25 2017 05:10pm
Quote (dro94 @ Jul 25 2017 04:32pm)
I'm against the vast majority of Nazi-lite policies

why do you hate hypothermia research
Gold: 285.00
Jul 25 2017 05:16pm
Hmmmm.

Using state powers to sterilize people....

I know it is now (voluntary) people and (temporary) sterilization, but once its happening removing the words in parentheses is just a matter of moving the goal posts.

It bugs me that the same type of people who want to sterilize criminals are often the same people who don't want to teach them about sex in schools in the first place and work to harm organizations like Planned Parenthood who offer contraception and sex eduation.

I don't like it. Too much biopower. Eugenics is a failed pseudoscience anyways.

Quote (Scaly @ Jul 25 2017 04:43pm)
Sounds good to me. Consensual infertility for reward. Covers most of the ethical issues with eugenics. We have enough plebs. We need to expand the aristocracy. Serfdom would help. House and food for life in return for labour. Sorted.

Eugenics is not inherently nazi.

Expand the aristocracy?

Worse thing ive heard all day. They were a bunch of inbred bums who live in the work of others.

Of only the word meant what it is supposed too rather than people who are related to someone who was once pretty wealthy.

We need more 1%ers like we need a hole in the head. Having a governmental system by Capital for Capital is the reason we have mass incarceration to begin with.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jul 25 2017 05:20pm
Gold: 0.00
Jul 25 2017 05:47pm
Quote (Skinned @ 25 Jul 2017 23:16)
Hmmmm.

Using state powers to sterilize people....

I know it is now (voluntary) people and (temporary) sterilization, but once its happening removing the words in parentheses is just a matter of moving the goal posts.

It bugs me that the same type of people who want to sterilize criminals are often the same people who don't want to teach them about sex in schools in the first place and work to harm organizations like Planned Parenthood who offer contraception and sex eduation.

I don't like it. Too much biopower. Eugenics is a failed pseudoscience anyways.

Expand the aristocracy?

Worse thing ive heard all day. They were a bunch of inbred bums who live in the work of others.

Of only the word meant what it is supposed too rather than people who are related to someone who was once pretty wealthy.

We need more 1%ers like we need a hole in the head. Having a governmental system by Capital for Capital is the reason we have mass incarceration to begin with.

My bad. Maybe I should have said expand the aristocracy to include the intelligencia. Give better men the time to work on real issues and let the plebs take care of the mediocre.
Gold: 63,142.89
Jul 25 2017 05:53pm
I've been banging the drum for a program like this for years.

While I admit that it could he hard to work out the details in a way that makes sense, I am definitely in favor of trying it out somewhere, seeing how it goes and making adjustments based on what we observe. If an issue arises that makes it clear the system can't work, it can be pulled at any time .
Gold: 0.00
Jul 26 2017 12:33am
I'm in favor of it in the case of abusive parents.

In my line of work you see people that are just failures when it comes to parenting, their actions having consequences of the mental, emotional and physical wellbeing of their children. By turning out very unadjusted children they increase the net unhappiness of a society. In some cases they do this willfully (I fucking kid you not).

Forced lifelong irreversible sterilization for those people.

Gold: Locked
Jul 26 2017 01:12am
It seems okay but something about this just rubs me the wrong way. Really a combination of all factors involved. Might write up a longer post of my concerns tomorrow.
Gold: 5.00
Jul 26 2017 01:19am
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Jul 26 2017 07:12am)
It seems okay but something about this just rubs me the wrong way. Really a combination of all factors involved. Might write up a longer post of my concerns tomorrow.

Such a tease.
Gold: 90.58
Jul 26 2017 01:24am
Quote (Handcuffs @ Jul 25 2017 02:58pm)
Vasectomies are reversible, but a return to fertility is not 100% guaranteed.

Well then it's really not reversible?

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Jul 26 2017 01:25am
Gold: 5.00
Jul 26 2017 01:42am
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Jul 26 2017 07:24am)
Well then it's really not reversible?

Potentially.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 60%
Jul 26 2017 01:52am
1st who the FUCK would do this just to shave 30 days off their sentence
30 days is nothing
I could take 30 days sitting down.

second this is terrible, i have a friend who used to be violent when he was younger, and due to his criminal history he can't vote but he's into politics, i listen to him talk for hours; he's more informed than the average voter I'll tell you that much. I don't see what makes his opinion so invalid to the system that he can't vote. It's not like criminals are going to try to push to get the shit they did legalized or something.

The only time castration should be an option or even mandatory is with the pedophiles. I think letting them back into the wild at all with that demon still in them is a terrible mistake but most of the time life imprisonment/death is too harsh. Most of them want the procedure too, at least those who want better for themselves.

This post was edited by DCSS on Jul 26 2017 01:53am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll