d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Final Fantasy Series > Couple Questions On Ff11
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.00
Jul 23 2017 10:55am
I have beaten every Final Fantasy game in chronological order and I'm finally up to Final Fantasy 11 however I do know this is a MMO now can this be played on a solo Adventure I heard when this first came out it was only a group effort type of a MMO and does this game have like an end to it like is there something that you are shooting for besides gear?
Gold: 3.00
Jul 24 2017 05:23am
Anyone
Gold: 143.00
Jul 28 2017 09:17am
In its glory days, FFXI was not solo friendly at all.

However, being as old as it is, Squeenix has made the game infinitely more solo friendly, including NPCs you can summon to help you along the way, easier methods to get gear, etc

In terms of a clear "end", there are several different story lines to finish (City Missions / expansion mission lines / etc). Endgame is the clear objective of this game, as it has always been a "grindy" type MMO, but if you are just playing this to say you've "beat" it, then I would say that once you hit level 99, and have beaten the expansions and main mission line of the game, that would count.

There are endless amounts of wikis and YouTube videos for each quest if you ever get stuck. But if you seriously plan on going through all of what I suggested, expect to atleast put 100+ hours into the game.
Gold: 27.62
Jul 29 2017 07:35am
100+ hours? All my toons have years worth of playtime. If you have less that 5 hours to play at a time, this game is not for you bro.
Gold: 143.00
Aug 9 2017 04:17pm
Quote (KeeperHalidom @ Jul 29 2017 09:35am)
100+ hours? All my toons have years worth of playtime. If you have less that 5 hours to play at a time, this game is not for you bro.

Not true at all. Especially with Seekers and Rhapsodies out now. With trusts you can solo literally 95% of the game, and at a much faster rate.

While you do need plenty of time, you can easily sit down with an hour each day and make progress. You don't have to no-life this game anymore to succeed

1,217 days play time for me (who knows how much was spent afk for bazaar)
Gold: 334.10
Sep 8 2017 11:35pm
damn 1200 days thats insane. man what is the real fun about playing f xi these days, I've actually went back and played ffxi so so many different times, and id always love it soooo much for a good while, but I was always just enjoying that grind trying to get to max lvl and all that, but in all my different times playing that game again and again, never made it to any kind of end game, and never really knew what I had to look forward to. last time I played was the first time I played with trusts, and for the first time ever I actually got really far in the missions and took ROV all the way to the point where I couldn't solo it anymore and was fighting through it trying to get gear from some bosses and continue to make it to endgame but I lost interest, again, and quit. Im actually considering loading up that account again but I'm wondering, if I do make it to the endgame stuff, is it just as fun now (or even similar) to how it woulda been in the earlier days?

since then I've also played on the old school nasomi server, that was actually veryyy fun and nostalgic for a while, its completely old school you have to find a party for everything and pull ITs to lvl up, hit valkrum at lvl 10, most exp you ever get per mob is like 300, need ppl to PL and stuff, that was pretty damn fun but I kinda gave up lol didn't even make it to 50, it was so hard to lvl
Go Back To Final Fantasy Series Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll