d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Power Steering Flush > Honda Cr-v 2008
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,432.69
Jul 22 2017 06:45am
Quote (said_aouita @ Jul 21 2017 07:38pm)
Should have been more specific. Didn't think the power steering was but wondered if (somehow) the electronic brakes also was related to the traction control/awd system. As in, if somehow the brake system was more complex, needing fluid changed or whatever....

(was trying to put a positive spin on it...) lol yea, the effin' dealership dicked ya.

it shouldn't be electronic brakes they should be hydraulic

theres a sensor that tells the abs how fast the wheel is spining

I do recommend changing brake fluid aswell. when its dark in color
Gold: 533.37
Jul 22 2017 08:35pm
Quote (Arcolithe @ Jul 20 2017 03:34pm)
my family has the cheap model of this car, not sure if the fancy version has a different engine bay.
personally I only have experience working on my '84 which doesn't really have an ecu since it's emissions deleted and carbed.

So the dealership gave her a grand total of $450, including discountsfor "1.5 labor" and power steering/brake flush and fuel cap change (hope this isn't what I think it is).
Basically I'm assuming there's a major scam going on because even if I'm too lazy to do my own maintenance, these things go for about $80 tops at a stingy mechanic.

Here's my big question, is thereanything special about the honda cr-v that makes the power steering/brake flush so unique? Looking up on the honda cr-v enthusiast forum and they list a bunch of different fluids just for a simple power steering flush, including something called "dual pump fluid." Any insight would be great and given some thanks.

Cheers.

if you have the owners manual or a haynes manual for the vehicle they should specify what kind of fluid and how much you need for the power steering. i would go with what they recommend.
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll