d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Monitor Problem > Offering 200 Fg For A Fix
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,107.50
Jul 20 2017 01:18pm
Hey!

Sooo, ive had this problem going for a while, but right now it's gotten so annoying that I really need help (usually i'm just lazy).

My screen goes on and off, depending on its will. It can shut down here and there, gaming or reading something on the internet, or going off because its been idle for couple minutes, and never turn on again.
It's working, the screen works, but the image goes black/white-ish (heating but not showing anything).
Sometimes, it goes back by clicking a key on the monitor, sometimes it doesn't even notice i'm clicking it.

I JUST litterally swapped to hdmi because I noticed it had an option for DVI or HDMI in the monitor's menu, but the problem goes there again when I start a game, and goes retarded; so I swapped back to d-sub (dvi)

I really dont know what the problem could be, I have everything updated (drivers, windows and all), the monitor is not overheating physically, aaaaaand I don't know...
Any suggestions?

This post was edited by SoldierOfFortune on Jul 20 2017 01:23pm
Gold: 0.00
Jul 20 2017 02:42pm
Could very well be that the GPU/APU itself is overheating.
Gold: 9.00
Jul 27 2017 04:26pm
Quote (SoldierOfFortune @ 20 Jul 2017 17:18)
Hey!

Sooo, ive had this problem going for a while, but right now it's gotten so annoying that I really need help (usually i'm just lazy).

My screen goes on and off, depending on its will. It can shut down here and there, gaming or reading something on the internet, or going off because its been idle for couple minutes, and never turn on again.
It's working, the screen works, but the image goes black/white-ish (heating but not showing anything).
Sometimes, it goes back by clicking a key on the monitor, sometimes it doesn't even notice i'm clicking it.

I JUST litterally swapped to hdmi because I noticed it had an option for DVI or HDMI in the monitor's menu, but the problem goes there again when I start a game, and goes retarded; so I swapped back to d-sub (dvi)

I really dont know what the problem could be, I have everything updated (drivers, windows and all), the monitor is not overheating physically, aaaaaand I don't know...
Any suggestions?

Lead, sorry buddy
:huh:

+1eHC
Gold: 0.00
Jul 31 2017 09:31pm
Quote (SoldierOfFortune @ Jul 20 2017 12:18pm)
Hey!

Any suggestions?

Have you updated the drivers recently? Might be a bug, also check if gpu fan is spinning? Had one before that would only kick on when gaming.

Quick check would be downloading a Ubuntu iso & running off the usb/CD don't need to install any drivers or anything may be able to pinpoint if it's a hardware error

This post was edited by NorthWestern on Jul 31 2017 09:33pm
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll