d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > So What's Up With That Trumpcare ? > Dead ?
Prev191011121319Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Jul 19 2017 09:16pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jul 19 2017 09:13pm)
Don't you have homework to do?

No. I've been done with classes for a while.

I have research to do, but I'm waiting on the computer to finish my jobs, and since I used a pretty expensive model chemistry it's probably going to be a day or two.
Gold: 57.00
Jul 19 2017 10:12pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 19 Jul 2017 22:49)

loser spams another a thread

Gold: 17,384.69
Jul 19 2017 10:30pm
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40662772
Bbc destroyed Trump

I noticed the 3 republicans not wanting to repeal are women.
Gold: 1,803.00
Jul 20 2017 12:20am
Quote (excellence @ Jul 19 2017 11:12pm)

It just doesn't get old, does it?
Gold: 0.00
Jul 20 2017 09:46am
My favorite personal moment is remembering the 60 times Republicans debated, passed, and sent Obama various repealment bills to sign or veto, and now seeing this train wreck of the last few months.

Gold: 17,384.69
Jul 20 2017 09:55am
For the few i read (in some poll from pew pew center or whatever relatively serious) most of americans are now accepting the Obama care; things changed since 7 years. Even more are agree that, if a repeal occurs, a law/bill/new care has to be voted BEFORE.
I guess republicans are also focusing on what most of their people want.

What i see here is a a future swap of politics in usa: both parties swapping to "left".
Theres one thing i know as french for sure: if you give people/mass privileges (like a free care) it's very, very, hard to "repeal" it.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 20 2017 10:35am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Jul 20 2017 03:55pm)
For the few i read (in some poll from pew pew center or whatever relatively serious) most of americans are now accepting the Obama care; things changed since 7 years. Even more are agree that, if a repeal occurs, a law/bill/new care has to be voted BEFORE.
I guess republicans are also focusing on what most of their people want.

What i see here is a a future swap of politics in usa: both parties swapping to "left".
Theres one thing i know as french for sure: if you give people/mass privileges (like a free care) it's very, very, hard to "repeal" it.

A lot more people liked Obamacare through the years than it has been portrayed as. Polling in support of the Affordable Care Act has always been significantly higher than polling for Obamacare, even though they're the same thing. It's just conservative rhetoric/branding that has spun it more negative.

My wife, who works as a CSR for Premera, still encounters a lot of people who don't realize they're the same. Some of the callers have near-panic attacks when they realize that they're actually in Obamacare and have been for years even though they're generally satisfied with the overall care.

Obamacare tackled a number of pre-2009 health insurance issues successfully, but it also failed in several regards. It also created some new nightmares (for example, those who are self-employed are constantly fucked over within Obamacare). However, Republicans have no interest in actually trying to help the program or make it work better. They've done all they could over the years to peel it apart so they could claim it doesn't work at all.

I guess it doesn't matter much to me. My wife and myself are young and healthy, my parents are wealthy, and all of my grandparents are dead. Nobody I know personally right now would be hurt by the Republican plan. It's just a shame about the elderly, poor, and the tens of millions of others that would be shafted.
Gold: 285.00
Jul 20 2017 11:01am
Quote (tommyd323 @ Jul 20 2017 01:20am)
It just doesn't get old, does it?

He never gets tired from swinging on peoples' nuts lol.
Gold: 10.77
Jul 20 2017 03:13pm
Quote (tric-isHUGE @ Jul 19 2017 07:30pm)
You're such a fucking snake in the grass.

The free market is putting a price on my head in the same way an oil change gets done: Pay someone top dollar to do it for you or pay $15 and do it yourself.

The fact that you would look at the health care industry today and call it a "free market" shows just how dishonest you really are.
~~

The entire industry of insurance is based on protecting the individual in the event of a catastrophe. At no point has Trump or anyone taken into consideration that insurance covers and pays for statistical certitudes, completely VOIDING the entire purpose of insurance.

Lefties like Ink don't give two shits about painting the real picture. They just want you to know something is wrong and they have some non-answer. Ink is trying to lure you off into the woods with some candy, if the healthcare industry is not operating in the same fashion you get a quote for auto body repair then we are DOING IT WRONG.

You want the BEST, SMARTEST DOCTOR with the FEWEST administrators. there are millions of jobs in the U.S. that do NOTHING in Healthcare industry but push paper. You want to know why your broken middle finger costs $1,000 to fix? It's because some douche makes enough money calling your 24/7 demanding even a fraction of that money to be profitable!

Your friendly neighborhood doctor is nothing but! He's just a necessary tool being pushed in front of you like an agent would push a young starlet in front of producers.

1. Physician, heal thyself? This is your proposal for healthcare?

2. Free market mechanisms always exist, even under authoritarianism. I thought you were a fan of the Austrian school? You're trying to force an anti-leftist narrative while ignoring what I'm saying. Read and understand: Governments can kill supply but they cannot squash demand. Because there will always be demand for health services, the market will always be trying to adjust to demand and price those services. What we are encountering now is a free market adjustment of premium prices to account for a government and corporate health insurance oligarchy's collaborative restriction of supply while demand for services increases. It's no different from the pricing mechanism of black markets adjusting to providing illegal products to the market. The invisible hand is invisible, but always present. So for you to argue with me about the free market while I am literally saying something that agrees completely with free market economic theory is just silly. You just want to attack me. And there's no need for that. We're not on opposing sides here. The fascists and corporate oligarchs are the common enemy.

3. In your version of a free market system, what prevents the oil changers from collusion such as price fixing and agreeing not to sell oil to the public outside of their change stations? Eventually they will make it difficult enough to gain access to oil that any black market will be more expensive than simply going to a change station. So the invisible hand would decide in favor of collusion in this case because money flows toward convenience. Regulations should exist with the intent of preventing monopolies and oligarchies from distorting prices through anti-competitive collusion. Instead, we have regulations which force oligarchs to maximize profits by law (for-profit corporations in the United States are legally required to maximize shareholder profits), which requires collusion and price fixing. So that's what we get. And it's also what we'd get in absence of any laws.

4. This is no different from the leftist opinion. The middlemen are parasites distorting prices and increasing human suffering. Where we differ is scale: the left believes that all citizens should be represented by a single entity with power to collectively bargain prices with medical providers to prevent collusion from distorting prices too high. The right believes that, in absence of regulation, medical providers will become benevolent and charitable toward the public of their own accord, only extracting a small amount of profit from the market.

Our common enemy is the radical center. They are responsible for the collusive forces that have created health oligarchies and swarming masses of profiteering middlemen.

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Jul 20 2017 04:06pm
Gold: 57.00
Jul 20 2017 03:23pm
Quote (Skinned @ 20 Jul 2017 13:01)
He never gets tired from swinging on peoples' nuts lol.

more blatant homophobia from the decrepit forum bigot, unsurprising. its good that intolerant scumstains like your lot are fading fast.

reported, btw
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev191011121319Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll