d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > Motherboard / H100i V2 Cooler Question > Hi
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 14 2017 08:05am
hi almost done building my first PC,

Motherboard: Asus Z270E Gaming

it has one 3 pin on the top right of the motherboard next to powersupply 8 pin connector (I think)

The Corsair liquid cooler I connected to my PC came with a 3 pin connection coming from the cooler connected on top of the CPU itself...

Do I connect this 3 pin to the only 3 pin connection on the board directly on all 3 pins...

Reading the Manual of the Motherboard it was saying connect to 1-2 pins for default and connect to pin 2-3 for overclock.

I just connected all 3 pins instead of just using 2 pins, will this create an issue?

My one issue I had was even though the H100i V2 cooler came with pre-applied thermal paste... I had to take it off and put it back on like 2-3 times because the fans it's connected to had to be readjusted in terms of how they sit on the case. Basically I read a lot and people keep saying that it could have created air bubbles but the thermal paste was a super thin layer. I read that I should clean the CPU/Cooler off and use new thermal paste. :( Do I really need to do this? Should I be worried or is this a minor thing and a very slim chance something can go wrong with overheating.

I also dropped my 2TB HD Western Digital from a 3 foot height on to the tiled floor, it landed flat, it was refurbished and only paid $50... my question is should I expect it to work? Or just go ahead and test it and possibly run a disk check on it..?

Thank you for the help, really appreciate it

This post was edited by AntiTheLegend on Jul 14 2017 08:05am
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll