d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Anti-intellectualism
Prev123431Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 11 2017 09:51am
Quote (t9x @ Jul 11 2017 10:18am)
I didnt back it up with anything emotional

its a pure fact that democrats are too busy making memes against trump to do anything worth doing

I am far from conservative and I am 100% for intellectualism and proof of concept

honestly democrats are the party of the stupid

they are more worried about peoples feelings than facts

you see how you are worried about my feeelings? thats my point

Democrats are doing what their voters want them to do, which is to obstruct the Trump administration and oppose legislation harmful to their constituents. The GOP healthcare bill will result in 22 million losing their healthcare insurance and rich guys getting a tax break. Many Republican governors don't support the bill(because of the medicaid cuts), and Republican senators(moderate and conservative) oppose it as well in it's current form.

Talking about feelings and memes is a distraction. It's anti-intellectual.

Quote (excellence @ Jul 11 2017 10:18am)
'party of stupid' managed to thump the 'party of smart' during the election (the 'party of smart' nominated Saint Hillary inventor of politics the smartest most qualified candidate ever with a $1.2B warchest, and had the black man/black woman President Obama/First Lady Obama doing all the campaigning work for her),

who does that reflect more poorly on?

Quote (djman72 @ Jul 11 2017 09:44am)
You sound like like a confused kid who just popped his first erection.

Quote (BiGBraD @ Jul 11 2017 10:36am)
Yeah they really "desserve" it. You also deserve being as stupid as you are :D Brainless maggot

ITT: Trump cultists support my argument.

Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 11 2017 09:54am
Quote (Skinned @ Jul 11 2017 11:06am)
Most of the people who hate colleges have never even attended a class at one.

Just an obvious reaction formation. They couldn't go, so they're not important.

Your examples from the debates are spot on.

Ive been to college.

95% of the people who are there dont belong. Colleges used to be a pillar of knowlege and integrity. It used to mean a lot when you were accepted to a college. Now they are a for-profit busness that provides worthless degrees to children that arent qualified.

And its all the government's fault. All of these problems would be solved if the government didnt underwrite student loands and provide subsidy.

Gold: 500.00
Jul 11 2017 09:57am
there are people who are more supportive of banks than colleges? :wacko:
Gold: 57.00
Jul 11 2017 09:57am
Quote (IceMage @ 11 Jul 2017 11:51)
Democrats are doing what their voters want them to do, which is to obstruct the Trump administration and oppose legislation harmful to their constituents. The GOP healthcare bill will result in 22 million losing their healthcare insurance and rich guys getting a tax break. Many Republican governors don't support the bill(because of the medicaid cuts), and Republican senators(moderate and conservative) oppose it as well in it's current form.

Talking about feelings and memes is a distraction. It's anti-intellectual.

what argument? That the GOP won two major elections after you claimed to have left the party? :bonk: pretty intellectual stuff

Like i said several times you serve as a consistent tool for anyone to be successful: they just have to do the opposite of whatever you say or do :rofl:
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jul 11 2017 10:00am
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 11 2017 04:51pm)

At least Trump cultists won the election. May your self-destructive mentality have mercy on your burning butt cheeks.
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 11 2017 10:07am
Quote (duffman316 @ Jul 11 2017 11:57am)
there are people who are more supportive of banks than colleges? :wacko:

Banks spend their own money. Colleges spend YOUR tax money.
Gold: 9,121.00
Jul 11 2017 10:08am
I feel like i'v been in school for about 47 years and there's some reasons i can think of why conservatives might have negative views of universities. For one conservatives tend to be more religious. Try attending philosophy courses being a theist. I personally got into arguments with professors that were downright offensive and had no interest in objectivity rather peddled their relativistic outlook as fact. The thing is, it doesn't stop at the social sciences, last semester i was taking calculus and the professor and some students were openly berating Trump during class...like what does that have to do with calculus...or why is this appropriate? You might call this trivial but in all honesty it's reality.

Universities are inherently liberal and cater to liberal ideology. Most campuses i'v attended had very strong lgbbq , womens rights, diversity presence and so on meanwhile conservative views are marginalized and in some instances downright oppressed.

Of course there are the blue collar type republicans that never went to college that work for a living and are turned off by inexperienced, whiny young people that have a million demands and opinions so it's somewhat understandable why they might have negative perspective on universities.

And lol, are you shocked conservatives have a growing negative view of the MSM? I don't think i've ever seen a more one sided & imbalanced coverage.
Gold: 500.00
Jul 11 2017 10:13am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jul 11 2017 11:08am)
I feel like i'v been in school for about 47 years and there's some reasons i can think of why conservatives might have negative views of universities. For one conservatives tend to be more religious. Try attending philosophy courses being a theist. I personally got into arguments with professors that were downright offensive and had no interest in objectivity rather peddled their relativistic outlook as fact. The thing is, it doesn't stop at the social sciences, last semester i was taking calculus and the professor and some students were openly berating Trump during class...like what does that have to do with calculus...or why is this appropriate? You might call this trivial but in all honesty it's reality.

Universities are inherently liberal and cater to liberal ideology. Most campuses i'v attended had very strong lgbbq , womens rights, diversity presence and so on meanwhile conservative views are marginalized and in some instances downright oppressed.

Of course there are the blue collar type republicans that never went to college that work for a living and are turned off by inexperienced, whiny young people that have a million demands and opinions so it's somewhat understandable why they might have negative perspective on universities.

And lol, are you shocked conservatives have a growing negative view of the MSM? I don't think i've ever seen a more one sided & imbalanced coverage.

care to elaborate on this? what was the exact arguement
Gold: Locked
Warn: 60%
Jul 11 2017 10:24am
Quote (excellence @ Jul 11 2017 11:18am)
'party of stupid' managed to thump the 'party of smart' during the election (the 'party of smart' nominated Saint Hillary inventor of politics the smartest most qualified candidate ever with a $1.2B warchest, and had the black man/black woman President Obama/First Lady Obama doing all the campaigning work for her),

who does that reflect more poorly on?

man i gotta be honest i gave that sentence a once-over and couldn't make heads or tails of wtf it was trying to say, i just don't have the mental energy to read it a second time to piece it together.
Gold: 285.00
Jul 11 2017 10:32am
Quote (t9x @ Jul 11 2017 10:18am)
I didnt back it up with anything emotional

its a pure fact that democrats are too busy making memes against trump to do anything worth doing

I am far from conservative and I am 100% for intellectualism and proof of concept

honestly democrats are the party of the stupid

they are more worried about peoples feelings than facts

you see how you are worried about my feeelings? thats my point

You listed a bunch of stuff you feel is true but have no evidence. Very emotional stuff. Glad you feel that way.

Quote (EndlessSky @ Jul 11 2017 10:54am)
Ive been to college.

95% of the people who are there dont belong. Colleges used to be a pillar of knowlege and integrity. It used to mean a lot when you were accepted to a college. Now they are a for-profit busness that provides worthless degrees to children that arent qualified.

And its all the government's fault. All of these problems would be solved if the government didnt underwrite student loands and provide subsidy.

People who shouldn't be there fail out.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jul 11 2017 10:39am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123431Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll