d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Anti-intellectualism
12331Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 11 2017 08:27am
Republicans and Democrats offer starkly different assessments of the impact of several of the nation’s leading institutions – including the news media, colleges and universities and churches and religious organizations – and in some cases, the gap in these views is significantly wider today than it was just a year ago.

While a majority of the public (55%) continues to say that colleges and universities have a positive effect on the way things are going in the country these days, Republicans express increasingly negative views.

A majority of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents (58%) now say that colleges and universities have a negative effect on the country, up from 45% last year. By contrast, most Democrats and Democratic leaners (72%) say colleges and universities have a positive effect, which is little changed from recent years.

The national survey by Pew Research Center, conducted June 8-18 among 2,504 adults, finds that partisan differences in views of the national news media, already wide, have grown even wider. Democrats’ views of the effect of the national news media have grown more positive over the past year, while Republicans remain overwhelmingly negative.

About as many Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents think the news media has a positive (44%) as negative (46%) impact on the way things are going in the country. The share of Democrats holding a positive view of the news media’s impact has increased 11 percentage points since last August (33%).

Republicans, by about eight-to-one (85% to 10%), say the news media has a negative effect. These views have changed little in the past few years.

Read more: http://www.people-press.org/2017/07/10/sharp-partisan-divisions-in-views-of-national-institutions/

(image included for Trump cultists)

---

I know people like to think I just started criticizing the Republican party in 2015, but after the 2012 election I agreed with Bobby Jindal when he called for the Republicans to stop being the "party of stupid". Turn on Fox News or listen to talk radio and the level of false equivalence, deflection, and simple-minded thinking is astonishing. I'm not just blaming conservative media either, the television media in general(even my beloved CNN) is incredibly superficial and unsophisticated. Let's face it though, the media does what appeals to the most people, and a long-form discussion of complex issues isn't good for ratings.

Conservative media has grabbed hold of this narrative that colleges/universities are brainwashing stations where most students are SJW snowflakes, and a lot of Republican voters believe them. Watching a Republican primary debate isn't much different from an SNL skit, where the debate topics are do vaccines cause autism, are humans contributing to climate change, how many federal departments would you eliminate, is tithing a model for taxation, is evolution true, etc. Years ago the snobby liberals were my main target on this forum, now I find myself agreeing with them more and more.

Thoughts, PaRDians?

Gold: 18,534.02
Jul 11 2017 08:44am
You sound like like a confused kid who just popped his first erection.

Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jul 11 2017 08:54am
Quote (djman72 @ 11 Jul 2017 15:44)
You sound like like a confused kid who just popped his first erection.

Gold: 285.00
Jul 11 2017 09:06am
Most of the people who hate colleges have never even attended a class at one.

Just an obvious reaction formation. They couldn't go, so they're not important.

Your examples from the debates are spot on.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jul 11 2017 09:07am
Gold: 481.00
Jul 11 2017 09:11am
honestly democrats are the party of the stupid

they are more worried about peoples feelings than facts

imo the world is fucked no matter whos in charge, everyone born after 1990 seems to be either

a. a huge pussy
b. literally retarded
c. autistic but still capable
d. several mental disorders (transgenderism being one of them, dont be confused though, homosexuality is not a mental disorder, this just happens to be what most "trans" people are)

but... democrats seems to be the ones doing the most stupid shit, being the most butthurt, running in the most circles, and reaching the farthest.

if you think about it, even the word democrat doesnt make much sense for a party....

oh youre a democrat, you like democracy, oh wow so do republicans

both parties are a joke and so is our presidential election system

This post was edited by t9x on Jul 11 2017 09:14am
Gold: 285.00
Jul 11 2017 09:16am
Quote (t9x @ Jul 11 2017 10:11am)

imo the world is fucked no matter whos in charge, everyone born after 1990 seems to be either

a. a huge pussy
b. literally retarded
c. autistic but still capable
d. several mental disorders (transgenderism being one of them, dont be confused though, homosexuality is not a mental disorder, this just happens to be what most "trans" people are)

but... democrats seems to be the ones doing the most stupid shit, being the most butthurt, running in the most circles, and reaching the farthest.

if you think about it, even the word democrat doesnt make much sense for a party....

oh youre a democrat, you like democracy, oh wow so do republicans

both parties are a joke and so is our presidential election system

Example of conservative anti-intellectualism.

Makes a statement, backs up with feelings and emotional "facts" that are not data based in any way.

And no, the GOP does not like Democracy, which is why they engage in voter suppression to prevent people from voting.
Gold: 481.00
Jul 11 2017 09:18am
Quote (Skinned @ Jul 11 2017 11:16am)
Example of conservative anti-intellectualism.

Makes a statement, backs up with feelings and emotional "facts" that are not data based in any way.

And no, the GOP does not like Democracy, which is why they engage in voter suppression to prevent people from voting.

I didnt back it up with anything emotional

its a pure fact that democrats are too busy making memes against trump to do anything worth doing

I am far from conservative and I am 100% for intellectualism and proof of concept

you see how you are worried about my feeelings? thats my point

This post was edited by t9x on Jul 11 2017 09:19am
Gold: 57.00
Jul 11 2017 09:18am
'party of stupid' managed to thump the 'party of smart' during the election (the 'party of smart' nominated Saint Hillary inventor of politics the smartest most qualified candidate ever with a $1.2B warchest, and had the black man/black woman President Obama/First Lady Obama doing all the campaigning work for her),

who does that reflect more poorly on?
Gold: 17,384.69
Jul 11 2017 09:23am
gj icemage, the first post chart itself just slap all them into the oblivion for ever, maybe more, and they desserve it.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jul 11 2017 09:36am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Jul 11 2017 04:23pm)
gj icemage, the first post chart itself just slap all them into the oblivion for ever, maybe more, and they desserve it.

Yeah they really "desserve" it. You also deserve being as stupid as you are :D Brainless maggot
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12331Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll