d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Daniel Craig To Return For Bond 25
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,025.00
Jul 12 2017 10:19pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jul 12 2017 05:12pm)
Loved him as a kid of course, but it's just so fucking cheesy, all the old bonds are. I guess I'm just a bit of a snob these days and I have a hard time watching serious action films that are that fucking ridiculous. If something is going to be cheesy, it needs to not take itself serious like fucking Shoot Em Up.

Brosnan running in a open field with a thousand guys with AKs running right behind him all spraying and NO ONE being able to hit him is just too fucking much lol. Then there's the whole jumping in the plane bit, which I could buy since it's Bond, but people having a forcefield around them kinda kills it for me.

You should look up some of the famous (real) American shootouts with police. You have something like 50,000 rounds exchanged with no or little actual hits. It is absurd how inaccurate people actually are with guns. Not saying that scenario isn't silly, just saying if you told me it actually happened I probably wouldn't be surprised. Video Games have given us unrealistic accuracy standards.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 12 2017 10:23pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Jul 12 2017 08:19pm)
You should look up some of the famous (real) American shootouts with police. You have something like 50,000 rounds exchanged with no or little actual hits. It is absurd how inaccurate people actually are with guns. Not saying that scenario isn't silly, just saying if you told me it actually happened I probably wouldn't be surprised. Video Games have given us unrealistic accuracy standards.

There's a vast difference between the people that become cops, mostly idiots, and trained professional killers. Professionals don't miss, that's why you rarely hear about them. Also, all of those fights with police where massive amounts of bullets were discharged with no connections, the intended target was ALWAYS behind some sort of cover. There's a huge difference between. 20 guys trying to kill a guy through a barn with a pistol and 100 guys with assualt rifles killing a guy in an open field. Ofc a lot of shots would be missed, but that guys corpse would have fucking shredded

I'm well aware of the amount of shots fired vs actual deaths vs a lot of older wars as well. My grandpa who was a history teacher gave me lessons between expolsions and I learned a lot of neat, but useless statistics on how inaccurate we were/are.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jul 12 2017 10:26pm
Gold: 10,025.00
Jul 12 2017 10:33pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jul 12 2017 10:23pm)
There's a vast difference between the people that become cops, mostly idiots, and trained professional killers. Professionals don't miss, that's why you rarely hear about them. Also, all of those fights with police where massive amounts of bullets were discharged with no connections, the intended target was ALWAYS behind some sort of cover. There's a huge difference between. 20 guys trying to kill a guy through a barn with a pistol and 100 guys with assualt rifles killing a guy in an open field. Ofc a lot of shots would be missed, but that guys corpse would have fucking shredded

I'm well aware of the amount of shots fired vs actual deaths vs a lot of older wars as well. My grandpa who was a history teacher gave me lessons between expolsions and I learned a lot of neat, but useless statistics on how inaccurate we were/are.

Quote (Blah58 @ Jul 12 2017 10:19pm)

I feel like you missed that sentence. Also I never really think of henchmen as trained killers/assassins or whatever. To me they are more like your common criminal/Street thug. That's why there are so many of them to be picked up by all these super villains/evil geniuses. :P
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Jul 13 2017 10:17am
Brosnan was one of the worst Bonds...

Connery and Moore master race. Like all of my favorite bond movies were either with Connery or Moore.
Gold: 18,534.02
Jul 13 2017 12:07pm
Quote (AmineA @ Jul 13 2017 11:17am)
Brosnan was one of the worst Bonds...

Connery and Moore master race. Like all of my favorite bond movies were either with Connery or Moore.

Moore was an average bond - most of his bond movies suck.

Brosnan was a very good bond. He's either 2 or 3 behind Connery.

It's him or Craig for #2.
Jul 13 2017 12:33pm
Quote (djman72 @ Jul 13 2017 02:07pm)
Moore was an average bond - most of his bond movies suck.

Brosnan was a very good bond. He's either 2 or 3 behind Connery.

It's him or Craig for #2.

Some of Moore's movies were cheesy, but I think that's why I liked him. Live and Let die is a great bond movie, one of my favorites.

Jul 14 2017 08:50am
Quote (AmineA @ Jul 13 2017 01:33pm)
Some of Moore's movies were cheesy, but I think that's why I liked him. Live and Let die is a great bond movie, one of my favorites.

A lot of Brosnan's movies were cheesy in the the beginning. Brosnan was apart of some HORRIBLE bond movies. Die another Day is probably the worst bond ever made - except maybe for Quantum of Solice.

Quantum of Solice was such an utter disappointment. They had such a good story line served up for them, and they bricked so fucking hard. He doesn't even have sex with the bond girl.
Jul 14 2017 11:16am
Quote (djman72 @ Jul 14 2017 10:50am)
A lot of Brosnan's movies were cheesy in the the beginning. Brosnan was apart of some HORRIBLE bond movies. Die another Day is probably the worst bond ever made - except maybe for Quantum of Solice.

Quantum of Solice was such an utter disappointment. They had such a good story line served up for them, and they bricked so fucking hard. He doesn't even have sex with the bond girl.

yeah Quantam of Solice was awful. Saw that one in theaters too didn't even really enjoy it

Jul 14 2017 11:27am
Quote (AmineA @ Jul 14 2017 12:16pm)
yeah Quantam of Solice was awful. Saw that one in theaters too didn't even really enjoy it

I saw it with my pops who is a big Bond fan as well. He walked out 2/3 the way through. I stayed with the hope it would turn around okay. I was wrong and should have left too.

Gold: 6,000.00
Jul 14 2017 02:30pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ Jul 10 2017 08:54am)
TBH, I didn't think he'd don the suit again, considering how adamant he was against it previously. I'd honestly love to see Idris Elba replace him after this, although he'll turn 45 this year, and a Bond 26 probably wouldn't debut until 2020 at the earliest. While that wouldn't be an issue, if he signed on for 4 or more movies, he'd be into his 50s at the end of that run.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2017/07/10/daniel-craig-signs-bond-25-christopher-nolan-admits-talks-producers/

I thought that black dude was going to be the new bond?
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll