d2jsp
Gaming and Trading Community
Gaming and Trading Community
d2jsp Forums > Starcraft I & II > Looking For Terran Advice Sc2 - Lotv > 2v2 Struggle
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Page 1 of 1
CSonepointsix
#1 Jul 3 2017 03:31pm
Group: Member
Gold: 515.00
my buddy and I spent most of our blizzard careers on Diablo 2
we recently got lotv just to have a new game to get into. We have mediocre game sense from playing brood war here and there, but are getting wrecked 9 times outta 10.

So I'm Terran & my ally is protoss. Here is what I tend to do most intros, please let me know what I can do better.

1st i construct 3 or 4 workers, build a depot and then continue to build scvs until ive got at least 16 on mins
2nd i throw up 2 or 3 barracks (we're about 3 minutes in by now) and pump out maybe ~8 rines, by this time my ally has 3-4 zealots. We try to rush somewhere between the 4-5 minute mark for early aggression
3rd i typically get stimpak along with the +10 marine vita upgrade and begin to mass marines + whatever I think is an appropriate counter to my opponents ( normally tanks, thors or battlecruisers) depending on my opponents ratio of ground units to air units

we're in silver league.

What do you guys recommend i have built by the 5 minute mark & what strats do ya'll do well with?

any and all feedback is greatly appreciated! thanks guys
ZergBer
#2 Jul 3 2017 06:07pm
Gold: 730.21
Have you looked into a starting build? They really help if you follow through. After that is mostly you recognizing what you need to do and make units while improving your speed at that
CSonepointsix
#3 Jul 3 2017 06:22pm
Gold: 515.00
Quote (ZergBer @ Jul 3 2017 08:07pm)
Have you looked into a starting build? They really help if you follow through. After that is mostly you recognizing what you need to do and make units while improving your speed at that

I have not looked into a starting build. my speed is slowly but surely improving. not comfortable w/ hotkeys but im working on it
Wopsey
#4 Jul 6 2017 12:00pm
Gold: 21.42
Check out twitch, watch pro games to see their build orders, what they play vs other races, etc. Gave up playing 1v1 when I was in bronze because I just couldn't keep up with anything. After a few months of just occasionally trolling twitch and watching games I just started again yesterday, already up to gold.

Sc2 has a MASSIVE learning curve compared to other games, take time to learn things. Lots of good learning videos on youtube as well.
liverowns
#5 Jul 16 2017 09:58pm
Gold: 149.12
I'm masters league Terran, I can help you out with openers, pm me
Go Back To Starcraft I & II Topic List
Page 1 of 1