d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Rick And Morty Season 3 > July 30th, 2017 - Trailer Inside
Prev132333435Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 10 2017 12:42pm
Quote (-=vasya=- @ Oct 9 2017 11:47pm)
i genuinely staring to enjoy this show, watched up to ep5 like suggested and yeah it pretty entertaining now

i seriously doubt that it will ever come close to SP but i can see my self enjoying few eps after work while im having my dinner :P

You have no idea how good it gets by the end of season 3. Season 1 was awesome and I was hooked, then season 2 blew me away, and I don't even know wtf season 3 was. It took forever to come out, but it was worth every single fucking second of waiting, shit was amazing. If the quality stays around the same, I wouldn't mind waiting 2 years for another season.
Gold: 2,000.00
Oct 27 2017 04:08pm
Just finished this episode last night, was saddest ending for an animated show I've ever seen lol

Oct 27 2017 04:19pm
Quote (cky24 @ Oct 27 2017 02:08pm)
Just finished this episode last night, was saddest ending for an animated show I've ever seen lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHsQ6UsA7Js

Really? Fry's dog will probably hold that title for me forever.
Gold: 2,004.41
Oct 27 2017 04:27pm
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
Oct 27 2017 04:30pm
Quote (Sakuraba @ Oct 27 2017 02:27pm)
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Nice copy and paste. you're really bad at this trolling thing.
Gold: 10,025.00
Oct 27 2017 05:28pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 27 2017 03:30pm)
Nice copy and paste. you're really bad at this trolling thing.

That's literally the only thing ever posted on Reddit. Honestly r&m fans are pretty cancerous.
Oct 27 2017 05:47pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Oct 27 2017 03:28pm)
That's literally the only thing ever posted on Reddit. Honestly r&m fans are pretty cancerous.

Oh, without a doubt, but fans of anything popular are cancerous. Fans of GoT are unbearable, fans of Supernatural, Big Bang, Flash etc... insert popular show and boom, the fans are cancer. You wanna know why that is? It's because people are fucking cancer, or at least the majority of them are. The loudest and most obnoxious are what people equate all fans to be like, which is just the dumbest thing in the world. Same sort of extremism we see in politics, religion and everything else. Learn to block out people that are cancerous, and just enjoy, believe, defend w/e it is that you like, and fuck whether or not some idiots are for or against you, because there are idiots everywhere screaming on every side of everything.
Gold: 10,025.00
Oct 27 2017 06:35pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 27 2017 04:47pm)
Oh, without a doubt, but fans of anything popular are cancerous. Fans of GoT are unbearable, fans of Supernatural, Big Bang, Flash etc... insert popular show and boom, the fans are cancer. You wanna know why that is? It's because people are fucking cancer, or at least the majority of them are. The loudest and most obnoxious are what people equate all fans to be like, which is just the dumbest thing in the world. Same sort of extremism we see in politics, religion and everything else. Learn to block out people that are cancerous, and just enjoy, believe, defend w/e it is that you like, and fuck whether or not some idiots are for or against you, because there are idiots everywhere screaming on every side of everything.

I agree and disagree.

From what I've seen supernatural fans are pretty cool. The only game of thrones fans I've really interacted with are on here and real life and most are pretty good, the cancer usually stays pretty self contained. Fucking Rick and Morty on the other hand is spilling it's cancer everywhere.
Gold: 150.00
Oct 27 2017 08:49pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Oct 27 2017 08:35pm)
I agree and disagree.

From what I've seen supernatural fans are pretty cool. The only game of thrones fans I've really interacted with are on here and real life and most are pretty good, the cancer usually stays pretty self contained. Fucking Rick and Morty on the other hand is spilling it's cancer everywhere.

yeah same here i get where hes coming from but rnm fans are different. theyre more like tool fans and steelers fans.
Gold: 63,142.89
Oct 28 2017 07:02pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Oct 27 2017 08:35pm)
I agree and disagree.

Here's why it might be different with R&M fans than other shows:

With a mega hit show like GoT, even people who don't happen to like it aren't going to bad mouth it too seriously. Everyone understands it has a legitimate appeal. Whereas with R&M, some naysayers see a smaller budget adult swim cartoon and dismiss it so flippantly without even being open minded enough to see that it has some depth.

So, fans of the show react differently to criticism from people who actually know about the show vs criticism that is coming from a place of stereotyped ignorance.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev132333435Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll