d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Archived Games > Heroes of Newerth > Game Is So Obnoxious Now
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 90,654.00
Jul 4 2017 07:48am
diamond is not much different than gold. only difference is people are more willing to adapt and play other roles
you also get many gold games even as diamond because the player base is so small
if you are stuck in gold chances are you may not be as good as you think
i've reached diamond on 3 accounts by solo queing and i don't even bother to win games anymore
legendary was easy to reach last season because of the winning streak bonus
Gold: 0.00
Jul 4 2017 09:10am
Quote (Pitbulul @ Jul 4 2017 08:48am)
diamond is not much different than gold. only difference is people are more willing to adapt and play other roles
you also get many gold games even as diamond because the player base is so small
if you are stuck in gold chances are you may not be as good as you think
i've reached diamond on 3 accounts by solo queing and i don't even bother to win games anymore
legendary was easy to reach last season because of the winning streak bonus

Considering your post contains zero suggestion I will assume you just want to belittle and brag
Jul 4 2017 09:43am
Quote (NoMNoK @ 4 Jul 2017 18:10)
Considering your post contains zero suggestion I will assume you just want to belittle and brag

that wasn't my intention, but u said u played 300 games and still didn't break gold then you are obviously doing something wrong

-first off, focus on playing only strong heroes doesn't matter which roles. there are probably 15-20 heroes like this in the pool and you should know which by now
-don't be stubborn and let others play mid or carry if they don't want to give it up even if they are worst players than you
if you go 2 mid or 2 carry fighting for farm it will be even worst than if you let a bad player play the role
-at start pick smart, adapt to enemy picks and try to counter and make sure you know what items to go for
-always keep your eyes on the minimap, try to know where everybody is and what they are doing be ready to help or gank or countergank tp etc....
-buy your own wards regardless of what you play, if there aren't any wards and you play on a black map you are at a serious disadvantage
-communicate with your team but don't argue and don't flame don't get caught up in that it will only hurt your game and annoy your team

last bust most important, decision making. you always got to know what to do and when to do it
think of it like this, what is the best thing for me to do at any given time, whether it's farming ganking split pushing kong or helping team etc
also in fight estimate when you should use your skills and items who to focus and kinda guesstimate what the enemy team will do

like others have suggested if you can que 2-3 man go for that it will make winning a lot easier even if the players aren't that good
simply because you can communicate with them, pick proper setups and lanes and just overall easier coordination in game

hon is like anything else, takes practice and the game is so casual now i feel it's way easier than a few years ago
personally for me my worst enemy is myself and my motivation to play which drops significantly if i have trolls or griefers
sadly there are a lot of people who don't care about the game anymore or who don't really play to win and this kills my mood to play as well
Gold: 61,200.62
Jul 4 2017 01:56pm
Quote (NoMNoK @ Jul 4 2017 03:13am)
that is a good idea in theory, problem is when you're solo queue the shittiest players snap call mid and farm and absolutely will not budge on it whatsoever even if your stats are clearly far superior and you're pink/blue (or don't speak any English since they're brazilian or mexican or russian on a FUCKING USA server)

yes my 3 man due win rate is much higher than my solo queue, I was a legendary player at the end of last season which is roughly 1800 mmr if you're not familiar with the new ranking system

this season i'm struggling to get past Gold 1 into Diamond II since i've been solo queueing a lot (friends who were good at the game either stopped playing or dont play as much anymore)

Even snap calling carry in solo que is hard because usually 1) Your support player sucks/no one picks a support because no one wants to support or 2) Your mid player gets dumpstered and then flames you for fail carrying when you have 0 farm because he can't gank effectively or your long lane feeds and you fall behind to the enemy carry

This is why a 3 man que is necessary so you can coordinate your picks to be not absolutely retarded and you can have a decent win rate even if your other 2 teammates are potatoes.

I've played very little ever since new ranking system came out, was 1950 at my peak MMR before the ranking system came out a while back.

#1 Rule in HoN: Don't flame teammates it just adds fuel to the fire, be tactful and diplomatic... only flame Ratza if he's playing :)
Gold: 8,824.10
Jul 6 2017 02:27pm
Anyone feel like partying up ? :) would love some decent / good players to play with
Jul 9 2017 02:03pm
Quote (Eigill @ 6 Jul 2017 23:27)
Anyone feel like partying up ? :) would love some decent / good players to play with

maybe next season
Gold: 18.28
Warn: 10%
Jul 11 2017 09:15am
Quote (NoMNoK @ 4 Jul 2017 10:13)
that is a good idea in theory, problem is when you're solo queue the shittiest players snap call mid and farm and absolutely will not budge on it whatsoever even if your stats are clearly far superior and you're pink/blue (or don't speak any English since they're brazilian or mexican or russian on a FUCKING USA server)

yes my 3 man due win rate is much higher than my solo queue, I was a legendary player at the end of last season which is roughly 1800 mmr if you're not familiar with the new ranking system

this season i'm struggling to get past Gold 1 into Diamond II since i've been solo queueing a lot (friends who were good at the game either stopped playing or dont play as much anymore)

NA server is shit, playerbase over the pond is absolutely worthless.
Play EU if you want some good mates.
Go Back To Heroes of Newerth Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll