d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Spider Man Homecoming
Prev13456721Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 2 2017 08:59pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Jul 2 2017 06:54pm)
No, it is a fact. It doesn't matter if the charters were originally Marvel creations, Marvel had absolutely nothing to do with the movies so they are not Marvel movies. They are not considered part of the MCU because they aren't Marvel movies.

You trying to argue that they are is you arguing for the sake of arguing. Don't try to push your shit onto me.

Wtf is wrong with you? Seriously man... you go from 0 to freaking the fuck out in an instant and you do it CONSTANTLY. It doesn't change the fact that all of those movies I listed are better than WW, it doesn't change the fact that some of those movies were created based off creations of Marvel, hence me calling them marvel movies. You getting hung-up over something completely irrelevant that has no relevance to the conversation is just so painfully typical that it makes me seriously regret ever trying to be civil with you. There's just no point to it if this is the kinda shit you trip over.

Gold: 0.80
Jul 2 2017 09:33pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Jul 3 2017 02:54am)
No, it is a fact. It doesn't matter if the charters were originally Marvel creations, Marvel had absolutely nothing to do with the movies so they are not Marvel movies. They are not considered part of the MCU because they aren't Marvel movies.

You trying to argue that they are is you arguing for the sake of arguing. Don't try to push your shit onto me.

but why do you need to make this point?

There are movies about DC characters
There are movies about Marvel characters

why be so rain man over it?
Gold: Locked
Jul 2 2017 10:40pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (Blah58 @ Jul 2 2017 10:15pm)
Except they aren't. Marvel had nothing to do with the creation or the story or the casting or anything. They had zero creative control so they cannot be called Marvel movies. That is why they are not considered part of the mcu.

Holy you are a fking idiot
Gold: 25.20
Jul 2 2017 11:03pm
Quote (chelsea11 @ Jul 2 2017 10:40pm)
Holy you are a fking idiot

He's not wrong about your posts. At least in this thread.
You're just giving one liners with no thought. You're a bad superhero movie.

Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jul 2 2017 04:18pm)
I agree that Civil War was absolute trash, but I can't agree with you anywhere else. It's a superhero movie, none of them have consequences, they're all predictable and all you can hope for is that the ride will at least be entertaining. WW was good, but I stand by my list of marvel movies that are better and the Nolan Batman Trilogy, Watchmen and V were also better from the DC universe. Easily one of the best we've seen overall, but it wasn't a 9+/10 movie like The Dark Knight, Iron Man and Logan were.

Dark Knight, V for Vendetta, WW are all in my top 10 of all time.

Honestly as far as hoping "the ride" will be entertaining I would put WW #1 out of those. Other than the slow beginning.
Dark Knight and V have incredible characters and are thought provoking though as well as "the ride" so I put them ahead

This post was edited by FroggyG on Jul 2 2017 11:04pm
Jul 2 2017 11:10pm
Quote (FroggyG @ Jul 3 2017 01:03am)
He's not wrong about your posts. At least in this thread.
You're just giving one liners with no thought. You're a bad superhero movie.

Dark Knight, V for Vendetta, WW are all in my top 10 of all time.

Honestly as far as hoping "the ride" will be entertaining I would put WW #1 out of those. Other than the slow beginning.
Dark Knight and V have incredible characters and are thought provoking though as well as "the ride" so I put them ahead

Have you seen what he is writing? Xmen is not marvel?
I don't care who produces the movie. Xmen will ALWAYS be considered a marvel movie. The stuff this guy says is retarded sometimes.

And you are in the very small minority to have WW as your favorite superhero movie. Like it was an okay/good movie, but nothing great. It was extremely hard to get into and give a shit for anything happening. I was ready to leave 30-40 mins left to the movie...
Gold: 25.20
Jul 2 2017 11:14pm
Quote (chelsea11 @ Jul 2 2017 11:10pm)
Have you seen what he is writing? Xmen is not marvel?
I don't care who produces the movie. Xmen will ALWAYS be considered a marvel movie. The stuff this guy says is retarded sometimes.

And you are in the very small minority to have WW as your favorite superhero movie. Like it was an okay/good movie, but nothing great. It was extremely hard to get into and give a shit for anything happening. I was ready to leave 30-40 mins left to the movie...

I guess we have different tastes because other than some of the origin movies I don't like 90% of the recent Marvel movies (not counting R rateds)
Awful one liners everywhere. They're just fan service.

This post was edited by FroggyG on Jul 2 2017 11:15pm
Jul 2 2017 11:26pm
Quote (FroggyG @ Jul 2 2017 09:14pm)
I guess we have different tastes because other than some of the origin movies I don't like 90% of the recent Marvel movies (not counting R rateds)
Awful one liners everywhere. They're just fan service.

100% agree, but there are still a decent sized handful of superhero movies, whether they be Marvel or DC, that are superior to WW. Of course that's just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. I just don't see how people are saying this is the best superhero movie of all time or even top 3. It was a well-done origin story, it was a fucking vast improvement from what we've grown accustomed to with DC, the last movie of this quality that they did was 5 years ago with Dark Knight Rises. Which was the worst of the Nolan Batman movies IMO and I'd probably actually give a slight edge to WW over Rises, but they were fairly close. Begins and Dark Knight still blow WW out of the water for me. Same goes for 3 of the 8 X-Men movies, V, Watchmen, Logan, 3 of the 5 Spider-man movies, and Iron-Man. A few others are on par. On second thought, GotG is more on par and not actually ahead of WW. You're right about the one-liner thing, it's getting fucking unbearable and it's starting to make these impossible to enjoy. It's why I loathed both the Avengers films, I thought they were both massive failures, but somehow, the first one got a fucking 90 and the second a 70. Deadpool is around the same area as well, few others like the first Thor and Winter Soldier are right there as well. When all is said and done, you get a movie that is certainly well above average, but it might not even be in my top 10 for superhero flicks. There are a lot of terrible ones, but they've also given us a lot of fantastic movies over the year and we should just be happy that DC might be figuring this shit out.

Honestly, Marvel has gotten complacent with their shit (talking about the studio here Blah, just to clarify since you have a hard time with that). They don't have to try anymore since they've found a cheap and reusable formula that works all too well on your average moviegoer. For most of us here who watch WAY too many films, we need a bit more than a recycled formula in a new shiny package every 6 months to keep us entertained. If DC can get their shit together and start being a real competitor when it comes to their films, then it'll force Marvel to step the fuck up since DC will set anew bar for what good hero movies should look like. This is what I'm hoping for anyways. I'd love nothing more than for all these fucks to inspire their competitors to step their game up even further.

Alright, going to bed. As always, it was a pleasure chatting with most of you

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jul 2 2017 11:28pm
Jul 2 2017 11:30pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jul 3 2017 01:26am)
100% agree, but there are still a decent sized handful of superhero movies, whether they be Marvel or DC, that are superior to WW. Of course that's just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. I just don't see how people are saying this is the best superhero movie of all time or even top 3. It was a well-done origin story, it was a fucking vast improvement from what we've grown accustomed to with DC, the last movie of this quality that they did was 5 years ago with Dark Knight Rises. Which was the worst of the Nolan Batman movies IMO and I'd probably actually give a slight edge to WW over Rises, but they were fairly close. Begins and Dark Knight still blow WW out of the water for me. Same goes for 3 of the 8 X-Men movies, V, Watchmen, Logan, 3 of the 5 Spider-man movies, and Iron-Man. A few others are on par. On second thought, GotG is more on par and not actually ahead of WW. You're right about the one-liner thing, it's getting fucking unbearable and it's starting to make these impossible to enjoy. It's why I loathed both the Avengers films, I thought they were both massive failures, but somehow, the first one got a fucking 90 and the second a 70. Deadpool is around the same area as well, few others like the first Thor and Winter Soldier are right there as well. When all is said and done, you get a movie that is certainly well above average, but it might not even be in my top 10 for superhero flicks. There are a lot of terrible ones, but they've also given us a lot of fantastic movies over the year and we should just be happy that DC might be figuring this shit out.

Honestly, Marvel has gotten complacent with their shit. They don't have to try anymore since they've found a cheap and reusable formula that works all too well on your average moviegoer. For most of us here who watch WAY too many films, we need a bit more than a recycled formula in a new shiny package every 6 months to keep us entertained. If DC can get their shit together and start being a real competitor when it comes to their films, then it'll force Marvel to step the fuck up since DC will set anew bar for what good hero movies should look like. This is what I'm hoping for anyways. I'd love nothing more than for all these fucks to inspire their competitors to step their game up even further.

Alright, going to bed. As always, it was a pleasure chatting with most of you

I agree, although I think marvel movies will always be popular. The structure they have created with every single character is just insanely good. Also the actors they picked for each role is incredibly perfect.

Jul 2 2017 11:32pm
Quote (chelsea11 @ Jul 2 2017 09:30pm)
I agree, although I think marvel movies will always be popular. The structure they have created with every single character is just insanely good. Also the actors they picked for each role is incredibly perfect.

I do give them credit for that, their casting choices have been phenomenal across the board. Must be nice having an infinite supply of resources to just do whatever the fuck you want, wherever the fuck you want lol.
Gold: 10,025.00
Jul 2 2017 11:32pm
Quote (WelSh @ Jul 2 2017 09:33pm)
but why do you need to make this point?

There are movies about DC characters
There are movies about Marvel characters

why be so rain man over it?

Because there are movies about dc characters, then there are dc movies.

I'm pretty sure DC had nothing to do with the Nolan trilogy other than allowing him to use Batman so I would say they are not DC movies. Same with Watchmen.

My top 5 comic book movies are (in no order)
The Dark Knight
Watchmen
Wonder Woman
Iron man
(Probably homecoming)

With V for Vendetta getting honorable mentions

Most of those are DC IPs, but only one is a DC movie made directly through DC. Only one counts as being in the DCEU.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev13456721Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll