d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > 1 Big Thing, 1 Small Thing > What Would You Change?
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 50,100.19
Jun 30 2017 07:24pm
Shako please
Gold: 8,892.68
Jun 30 2017 10:37pm
Been awhile, but both your suggestions have been suggested before, I had a similar idea as your imbue (18+ months ago), and another person had the same idea about saved game.
Your major idea suggests the following:

Quote (Gearic @ Jun 30 2017 04:53am)
Add fairly rare item drop called a Vessel. You might find these on average once every 2-3 solo climbs. These items would come in tiers, but always drop white (i.e., never magical+). Vessels would be trade-able as white items.

Forget the word 'might' in the quote, your statement includes two(2) other changes, 1 major being increasing drop rate and 1 being minor making whites trade-able, even though unintentional, your suggestion needs more work. I believe you would be better off if this was a skill (what I chose in my suggestion). Instead of finding item(s) (Vessel), it would create this item (Vessel) by extracting it mod(s) from an item, now this means the item (Vessel) is not white and can also be sold on the Market place, thus nullifying the implementation of "drop rate increase" and "white items sell-able". Now, these items would be the same as 'essences' with the added bonus of adding the extracted mod on the Vessel to the muted item... within reasonable standards of not going beyond the cap and other factors.

Note: Above is not my idea of a major change or minor change, it is just an addition to your idea. Personally there are a few other things that could be mentioned in this thread, and hopefully some people come up with ideas where everyone can add comments to them instead of dumb posts like "shako" or other derogatory statements about another post. I will come back to thread when I have decided on which two I would like to see implemented.
Jul 1 2017 05:16am
Quote (PowerTripped @ Jun 30 2017 07:41pm)
Small - make the vault categories customizable and increase the amount available from 15 to 30 or more. Same amount of character limit as the LS names would be fine with all keyboard characters available. Just as long as we can change them to whatever we want FOR NO EXTRA FEE. If we're paying for it the rest of our lives the. It should be more user friendly.

Major - It's very long overdue for a character/ability rework. I'd like to see every class have a true cast and a true melee ability; cast charges with cast, melee charges with weapon. So if you wanted you can play any class anyway you wanted with a legit ability to support your choice without the penalty of having to choose above/below your class. Get rid of the abilities that aren't used. Character rework should make the characters follow more closely their portal description. Alchemist should be the strongest caster not the weakest. Headhunter allowed to use club/warhammers. Gfx changes are long overdue to the characters and gear.

These two(2) ideas are good points.

Are there any ideas you have for reworking the "Ability" system?

Before reworking them, my minor suggestion would be to move the Samurai class in between the Monk and Ninja, giving more diversity between Medium/Heavy armor and Robed. This means the starting stats of the Paladin, Monk and Samurai will be changed, also, with the Samurai being a higher class, it means that Multi-strike ability penalty will come into effect for the Paladin & Monk, which to me seems appropriate since Multi-cast is a Warlock ability. [Note: This has also been suggested in the past, and as you can see, I agree with that person.]

Back to reworking the Ability system.

How about an "Ability Purchase" system. You purchase an ability for 10 forum gold (30 day usage on all characters) to use as a main ability in addition to your characters main abilities. Maximum amount purchased is three(3).
Note: This does NOT remove the current Ability system, it is ONLY an "option" for players. Basically this also removes forum gold from the system and also increases speed of group/solo climbs.

If not an "Ability Purchase" system, how about an "Alter Ability Characteristic" option?
The characteristic are in two(2) parts:
1. Melee / Cast / Heal (Mode of delivery)
2. How to charge up.

You choose the Ability, you select one of the three modes of delivery (Melee/Cast/Heal), then you choose Charge up preference (Hits Taken/Damage Taken/ etc).

The "Alter Ability Characteristic" when choosing Multi-strike can be made to perform like Multi-cast without the higher penalty, this in my opinion is still a good thing to give diversity to other builds, caster paladin, monk and ninja. I missed the old diversity of these character builds. Note: Again, I would see the implementation of moving the Samurai class in between Monk and Ninja if people find this idea overpowered.

Not raining on anybodies suggestion or idea, just giving other options, so do not take it too personally and hopefully others can give positive feedback.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jul 1 2017 05:20am
Gold: 1,084.46
Jul 1 2017 11:53am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 1 Jul 2017 00:37)
... dumb posts like "shako" ...

Please keep your negativity to yourself, at least in this thread. No is harmed by his silly post. I chuckled, so there's more value in that than you being condescending.
Jul 1 2017 03:37pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jun 30 2017 11:37pm)
Been awhile, but both your suggestions have been suggested before, I had a similar idea as your imbue (18+ months ago), and another person had the same idea about saved game.
Your major idea suggests the following:

Forget the word 'might' in the quote, your statement includes two(2) other changes, 1 major being increasing drop rate and 1 being minor making whites trade-able, even though unintentional, your suggestion needs more work. I believe you would be better off if this was a skill (what I chose in my suggestion). Instead of finding item(s) (Vessel), it would create this item (Vessel) by extracting it mod(s) from an item, now this means the item (Vessel) is not white and can also be sold on the Market place, thus nullifying the implementation of "drop rate increase" and "white items sell-able". Now, these items would be the same as 'essences' with the added bonus of adding the extracted mod on the Vessel to the muted item... within reasonable standards of not going beyond the cap and other factors.

Note: Above is not my idea of a major change or minor change, it is just an addition to your idea. Personally there are a few other things that could be mentioned in this thread, and hopefully some people come up with ideas where everyone can add comments to them instead of dumb posts like "shako" or other derogatory statements about another post. I will come back to thread when I have decided on which two I would like to see implemented.

How is shako derogatory? Cmon man

This post was edited by slushslush on Jul 1 2017 03:38pm
Gold: 101,875.35
Jul 1 2017 05:30pm
Minor change:

Change the auto town setting when not doing anything to a maximum of 3 seconds ( or less ). I can't imagine a scenario where you'd solo and stay 7 seconds without doing anything other than having no connection. Also add an option which would make the game drop you out altogether in 3 seconds of no action ( while fighting or fishing ) that can be switched on and off. You could also be able set the amount of seconds yourself to make things easier, with a minimum of 3 seconds for example. Because honestly if you're seriously soloing or fishing, there's no fucking way you'd take no action for more than 3 seconds, if even so, unless you're lagging.

Not sure how the programming works exactly when there's no connection or bad connection, but in my logic:

If the server doesn't receive anything in x seconds, it can just drop you out of the game or make you go to town regardless if you have a connection or not. So you'll be counted as "left" according to the server even if you haven't left according to your connection.
Because it seems like the server needs you to have connection so it can confirm that you've actually left the game.

This post was edited by Jupiter5 on Jul 1 2017 05:43pm
Jul 1 2017 05:42pm
Quote (Jupiter5 @ 1 Jul 2017 19:30)
Minor change:

Change the auto town setting when not doing anything to a maximum of 3 seconds ( or less ). I can't imagine a scenario where you'd solo and stay 7 seconds without doing anything other than having no connection. Also add an option which would make the game drop you out altogether in 3 seconds of no action ( while fighting or fishing ) that can be switched on and off. You could also be able set the amount of seconds yourself to make things easier, with a minimum of 3 seconds for example. Because honestly if you're seriously soloing or fishing, there's no fucking way you'd take no action for more than 3 seconds, if even so, unless you're lagging.

You must not remember what it's like to have terrible weapons. v.v

I do like the idea of changing the timer myself, though. At least once or twice per climb, I get sent to town while whacking away at a heading mob.

This post was edited by Gearic on Jul 1 2017 05:52pm
Jul 1 2017 05:43pm
Quote (Gearic @ Jul 1 2017 06:42pm)
You must not remember what it's like to have terrible weapons. v.v

U can still do same acti Bs with god gear as bad gear
Jul 1 2017 05:53pm
Quote (slushslush @ 1 Jul 2017 19:43)
U can still do same acti Bs with god gear as bad gear

I don't know what this means.

I was referring to the facts that sometimes it takes a really long time for us scrubs to kill things.
Jul 1 2017 07:05pm
Quote (Gearic @ Jul 2 2017 06:53am)
Please keep your negativity to yourself, at least in this thread. No is harmed by his silly post. I chuckled, so there's more value in that than you being condescending.

Out of my constructive post, the ONLY thing you reply with is calling me condescending by trying to keep this thread on topic. Isn't that a negative statement in itself? Would you believe that your post is a personal attack? You should look back at your very first post and try not to break your own instructions and reply to the constructive content of the quote, or if you don't have anything good to say, then don't reply.

Quote (Gearic @ Jun 30 2017 04:53am)
This is intended to be a fun and frivolous conversation, so please keep the ugliness out. I don't think that the "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything" rule is a great one, but it has it's places. This is one of those places.

Quote (slushslush @ Jul 2 2017 10:37am)
How is shako derogatory? Cmon man

It isn't derogatory, I stated "dumb" because it is off topic, and if you misread my point, "shako, OR other derogatory..." - or was intended to any other posts that MAY have that purpose, not yours.

Quote (Jupiter5 @ Jul 2 2017 12:30pm)
Minor change:

Not sure how the programming works exactly when there's no connection or bad connection, but in my logic:

If the server doesn't receive anything in x seconds, it can just drop you out of the game or make you go to town regardless if you have a connection or not. So you'll be counted as "left" according to the server even if you haven't left according to your connection.
Because it seems like the server needs you to have connection so it can confirm that you've actually left the game.

I don't fully understand the reasoning to this, I can think that it has something to do with the current "Auto click" setting being used and the time it takes to leave catacomb when clicking the door and it taking longer than 3 seconds to leave the catacomb (this may only adhere to using heavy weapons though).

Quote (Gearic @ Jul 2 2017 12:53pm)
I don't know what this means.

I was referring to the facts that sometimes it takes a really long time for us scrubs to kill things.

I think he/she was referring to "same actions with god gear as bad gear"... thus your previous comment was off target. So, my response was referring to heavy weapons because they have a 2 second delay vs the standard 1 second to everything else.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll