d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > 1 Big Thing, 1 Small Thing > What Would You Change?
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,084.46
Jun 29 2017 09:53am
This is intended to be a fun and frivolous conversation, so please keep the ugliness out. I don't think that the "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything" rule is a great one, but it has it's places. This is one of those places.

People put up lots of polls on things they would like to see changed in Ladder Slasher. I think we all understand that these changes have virtually no hope of actual implementation, so it's just an exercise in fantasy game development. Let's broaden this exercise!

Pretend for a moment that you are a Ladder Slasher developer, and you have been charged with choosing and managing 2 projects at a time -- one major change to the game, and one minor change. Define the difference as you please, but pretend it actually matters that your definitions of "major" and "minor" make sense.

Again, let's keep this fun & frivolous. If you hate someone's ideas, just ignore them. If you love them, give them a thumbs up! If someone has already taken your idea, acknowledge it and try to come up with another one, just for the sake of having lots of ideas rolling around.

My ideas:

Major change:
I would implement a way for transmuting to target certain outcomes. The idea that has floated around my head for awhile would look something like this:
Add fairly rare item drop called a Vessel. You might find these on average once every 2-3 solo climbs. These items would come in tiers, but always drop white (i.e., never magical+). Vessels would be tradable as white items.
Vessels would have proficiency requirements for muting, similar to the way fishing rods work. The requirements would be about in line with the proficiency required to mute that tier of equipment.
Though vessels would always drop white, they are useless until they are infused with essence. Mutuing would work similar to regular equipment, but with lower chances of getting high numbers of magical stats. Most rolls would remain white, and getting more than magical would be quite rare, requiring high-mod essence (maybe mythical+ for even a slight chance at a rare vessel).
Once a vessel is successfully infused, it can't be rerolled. So, if you end up with a magical vessel, you would need a new white vessel to try for a higher one.
The next step is to use the vessel to extract a mod from another item. Transmute the vessel with a magical+ piece of equipment, and it will grab a random magical stat, reroll the value (capped at the value of on the item), and apply it to the vessel, consuming the item.
Now, that vessel can be used on another magical+ item to apply that stat to the item. Again, the value would be rerolled, capped at value on the vessel.
You wouldn't be able to use vessels on items that share stats (similar glyphs).
Items that have had stats added in this way would be marked "imbued." You can only imbue an item with a vessel once. The vessel is consumed.

So, the basic process would be:
1. Find a vessel
2. Invest lots of essence to infuse the vessel with magic potential
3. Use the vessel to consumer an item with (usually a lower value of) desirable stat(s)
4. Imbue another item with (usually a lower value of) the captured stat

You risk losing your items on every step of the transmuting process. This has a lot of potential to be overpowered, trivializing the process of getting good gear. This would be combated with by balancing the chance of a desired outcome. The design would require a low chance to successfully infuse the vessel, require a ton of essence investment, on average. It would also be necessary to have a very low probability of getting much of the desired stat values, on top of having to face that rerolling twice (once when consuming an item, once when imbuing).

I generally see this as a function within transmuting, but it may also work as a separate skill altogether. There are pros and cons of each approach, and I'm not married to either.

Minor change:
I would make a way to save the catacombs. I lose progress on exploring so, so very often due to a quick blink in internet connection, and it's super frustrating. I also don't see any reason I shouldn't be able to work on exploring in the morning before work, pick it up a little on my lunch break, and finish when I get home at night. Or, maybe I need to take a break to put the baby to bed or make dinner. If this break is too long, I AFK disconnect, and I lose progress. I don't see any reason this needs to be the case. The way I play (often interrupted), I basically have no hope of fully exploring after lvl ~20. If trap doors weren't enough of a problem, I just won't be able to sit in one place long enough to finish without a disconnect. So, that's what I would change!

Get your creative juices flowing! What would you change / add to Ladder Slasher?
Gold: 74,290.21
Jun 29 2017 10:24am
this is the best post in 2 years in this forums :banana:

Minor Change. Double the Regen quality of the Shrine permanently. There is no reason to make people regen unless they are just lazy in this game and dont want to slash multiple minutes in a row ( which is fine if thats whay they want to do) .

Major Change. Rework the ability to find Evil presences. there should be a way to hit Eps FREQUENTLY, not just once in a blue moon. On my last climb, from 40-66 i have found a grand total of 3 different EP spawns on 100% explore.

thats honestly total bullshit
Gold: 72,458.98
Jun 29 2017 11:13am
with muting you can already target certain outcomes . you just need to work on that skill ;)

if you want more evil presence you just need to find stuff liek this :

Angelic fine honed magteau map
Level Req: 55
Use Item to Receive Effect

+17 Evil Presences
+2 Treasure Chests
Quantity: 3
+4% Stealth

no regen? what are fish and shrineables for then ? :) i have read you like to fish in your regen breaks ?

i can understand your ideas, but you really need more practice and knowledge ( specially about groupclimbs and some quests you havent done yet) to be able to judge the game to make good suggestions . Or atleast being taken seriously.

about the disconnect.. Start a I mute , and hold it on stabilize, windows autoclick will help you. You can stay logged in for hours that way

This post was edited by sp_patl on Jun 29 2017 11:14am
Jun 29 2017 11:21am
Quote (sp_patl @ 29 Jun 2017 13:13)
with muting you can already target certain outcomes . you just need to work on that skill ;)

can you elaborate on this?

Gold: 121,921.07
Trader: Trusted
Jun 29 2017 11:39am
Small but impactfull change: make wellables sellable. :hail:
Little bit bigger change: create a new solo challenge with whistle up to +10 lvls higher than your own lvl and add a monster chain counter that improves the exp ml and prof the higher your chain gets. Will be Interrupted by leaving cata
Gold: 72,458.98
Jun 29 2017 11:44am
yes i failed there.

time for a beer , afk

This post was edited by sp_patl on Jun 29 2017 12:10pm
Jun 29 2017 11:53am
Quote (sp_patl @ 29 Jun 2017 13:44)
well maybe we have different definitions of targeting :P sorry im not native english speaker :P

but generally..if i need a mq DEX padded robe for example.. i would reroll my essences on a 50/55 padded robe . Eventually i get a dex robe ;) [ for sure even, at some point! ]

Yeah, I'm looking at a more focused kind of targetting-- specifically, targeting combinations of mods, which you ould do with the system I described, but finding 2 items with the mods you want, and trying to apply one onto the other.

Quote (sp_patl @ 29 Jun 2017 13:44)
About your complain on Eps.. Yeah you can be unlucky and just hit a couple waves.. it can be the other way around and you hit more then 10 waves from 55 to 71.. your samplesize with 2 mqs is just really low :)

I think you may be mixing my comments up.
a_hotter_otter wanted more EPs; I'm fine with them the way they are. Also, while he advocated for more shrining efficiency, it was I who mentioned fishing in the downtime.

Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ 29 Jun 2017 13:39)
Small but impactfull change: make wellables sellable. :hail:
Little bit bigger change: create a new solo challenge with whistle up to +10 lvls higher than your own lvl and add a monster chain counter that improves the exp ml and prof the higher your chain gets. Will be Interrupted by leaving cata

I love both of these ideas!
Gold: 1,470.74
Jun 30 2017 12:41am
Small - make the vault categories customizable and increase the amount available from 15 to 30 or more. Same amount of character limit as the LS names would be fine with all keyboard characters available. Just as long as we can change them to whatever we want FOR NO EXTRA FEE. If we're paying for it the rest of our lives the. It should be more user friendly.

Major - It's very long overdue for a character/ability rework. I'd like to see every class have a true cast and a true melee ability; cast charges with cast, melee charges with weapon. So if you wanted you can play any class anyway you wanted with a legit ability to support your choice without the penalty of having to choose above/below your class. Get rid of the abilities that aren't used. Character rework should make the characters follow more closely their portal description. Alchemist should be the strongest caster not the weakest. Headhunter allowed to use club/warhammers. Gfx changes are long overdue to the characters and gear.
Gold: 15,283.74
Jun 30 2017 03:14am
Minor change: change the drop/prof penalty for fighting monsters of much higher levels to a drop/prof bonus

Major change: 10% monster difficulty added per trapdoor

:thumbsup:
Gold: 2,848.72
Warn: 80%
Jun 30 2017 05:07pm
Add soj
E,Bonus to shrines perm

This post was edited by Xistz on Jun 30 2017 05:09pm
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll