d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > 2009 Challenger Srt8 R/t Package 6.1l Hemi > Looking For Opinions
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,250.00
Jul 20 2017 07:08am
Quote (mynameisandrew @ Jun 30 2017 07:37pm)
I had an old 5.0. About 30 years old. (I believe it was an 85). Theyre not nearly as fast as people make them out to be. Theyre quick off the line, that's about it. Anyone whos driven an old 5litre mustang knows this. They are fun cool cars, but nowhere near the hype they get. and I AM a Ford guy. lol.

Mines an 87 the first year with the HO motor, changed out the rear end to posi 3:73 gears added an C580T cam and cold air intake, performance clutch and short throw shift kit. Not much stock touches it unless its a vette or hellcat. I need to get better headers and exhaust yet, and get my torsion bars welded in before I do anything more to the motor, I can feel the frame twist when I launch full throttle, so I usually start off in second since first is such a short gear anyways.
this was before I put bigger cam and cold air intake in it as a baseline where I started. I was also holding my phone while driving and shifting..lol

This post was edited by SheriffCool on Jul 20 2017 07:14am
Gold: 481.00
Jul 20 2017 07:48am
Quote (CuttingEdge @ Jun 30 2017 09:10am)
HE SAID THE BMW PREMIUM IS A MYTH
THEN CLAIMS AMAZON PARTS ARE ACTUALLY OEM

I'M CRYING :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But for real though, you shouldn't be allowed to give people advice.

its not amazon parts, its the actual oil filter the dealer uses and is sold on amazon, a global online platform that lets me buy parts right from germany.

dont get where ur going with this

my last car was an 07 335i and it ran perfect never had any problems, my car now is a 2012 135i and it runs perfect and has never had a problem

they are both faster and more reliable than anything youve ever had
Gold: 3.20
Jul 23 2017 12:22pm
Quote (SheriffCool @ Jul 20 2017 05:08am)
Mines an 87 the first year with the HO motor, changed out the rear end to posi 3:73 gears added an C580T cam and cold air intake, performance clutch and short throw shift kit. Not much stock touches it unless its a vette or hellcat. I need to get better headers and exhaust yet, and get my torsion bars welded in before I do anything more to the motor, I can feel the frame twist when I launch full throttle, so I usually start off in second since first is such a short gear anyways.
this was before I put bigger cam and cold air intake in it as a baseline where I started. I was also holding my phone while driving and shifting..lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF4Y28SvvQg

That is pretty neat man, it sounds good too. It looked like from a rolling start (5-10mph) it took you about 12 ish seconds to get to 100 mph

My stock challenger does 0mph - 100 in 11.4, so theyre comparable. I have taken it to the local track once, the car has built in performance timers, the best 0-100 mph ive managed to do myself is 11.7 seconds, guess i still need sone practice.

While i was there buddy let me try his '17 5.0 in exchange to try mine. I dont know if he had anything extra but the new mustang i ran the 1/4 in under 12.4 (12.3x) i think around 119mph finish? It was fun for sure. No room in that frickin car for a big guy though
Gold: 95.99
Warn: 20%
Jul 23 2017 08:29pm
Quote (t9x @ Jul 20 2017 05:48am)
its not amazon parts, its the actual oil filter the dealer uses and is sold on amazon, a global online platform that lets me buy parts right from germany.

dont get where ur going with this

my last car was an 07 335i and it ran perfect never had any problems, my car now is a 2012 135i and it runs perfect and has never had a problem

they are both faster and more reliable than anything youve ever had

Is it? :rofl:
I love your assumption, I would gap your silly little German Barbie car.

Quote (mynameisandrew @ Jul 23 2017 10:22am)
That is pretty neat man, it sounds good too. It looked like from a rolling start (5-10mph) it took you about 12 ish seconds to get to 100 mph

My stock challenger does 0mph - 100 in 11.4, so theyre comparable. I have taken it to the local track once, the car has built in performance timers, the best 0-100 mph ive managed to do myself is 11.7 seconds, guess i still need sone practice.

While i was there buddy let me try his '17 5.0 in exchange to try mine. I dont know if he had anything extra but the new mustang i ran the 1/4 in under 12.4 (12.3x) i think around 119mph finish? It was fun for sure. No room in that frickin car for a big guy though

I'm not small by any means and I fit comfortably inside the new Stangs.
I'm just a hair over 6ft though, so I imagine someone near 7ft and bigger might have issues. But I don't know your bodytype.

This post was edited by CuttingEdge on Jul 23 2017 08:32pm
Gold: 481.00
Jul 24 2017 05:06am
Quote (CuttingEdge @ Jul 23 2017 10:29pm)
Is it? :rofl:
I love your assumption, I would gap your silly little German Barbie car.

I'm not small by any means and I fit comfortably inside the new Stangs.
I'm just a hair over 6ft though, so I imagine someone near 7ft and bigger might have issues. But I don't know your bodytype.

Its not an assumption, what do you drive
Gold: 1,250.00
Jul 24 2017 04:05pm
Quote (mynameisandrew @ Jul 23 2017 02:22pm)

Ya, rolling start I need bigger tires to even give it more than 3/4 throttle without it getting squirrely on me, the gears give it so much low end torque it breaks em loose way too easy. that was when I first bought it before I did anything to it, I have done a bit since then, it's a bit faster now. I'll have to make another video, (I was also holding my phone and steering and shifting while making that video...lol) but I was waiting until I do more stuff to it. I finally got the wifes GMC terrain fixed by buying her a 2017 KIA with 100k warranty so now I can spend money on my car. I have been thinking about having a 351 windsor built for it, but I have yet to blow this motor. It leaks oil, and has 190k on it and still just runs its ass off for being 30 years old, I beat on it everyday and people want to race on the street at least once or twice a week in the city. I want to go through it and change out all the suspension for performance etc, and solidify the frame since its a convertible. I only have $2500 into the car and it keeps up with all kinds of cars that way out class it money wise. I plan on dropping around 5-8k on it to get it where I want it to be restored, but I'm going to do all the work myself, except send this motor or whatever I can find bigger out to get the mill work done. I have to do some safety shit first as money allows, but it's so much fun to bring an older car back to life, I just have to do it now.

This post was edited by SheriffCool on Jul 24 2017 04:08pm
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll