d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Ww Vs Smite > How To Gear Barb...?
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,825.00
Jun 22 2017 04:43pm
Topic.

Should I go with the typical BvB setup, but just swap out SS for Beastz?

Stick with Rends, Gores, Dungos?

Highlords vs Angelics set?

Arreats vs CoA?

What say you?

Thanks.

This post was edited by Fyasko on Jun 22 2017 04:59pm
Gold: 22,189.49
Jun 22 2017 06:49pm
depends on how degenerate the duel gets
dumb smiters have no way to hit a barb whirling away at all
anti-barb smiters use auraflash to slow the barb and teleport in his path and it doesn't matter what you built, his tap smites will ruin you if all you have is damage/hp/dr/etc
anti-anti-barb-smiter barbs try to build around large amounts of synced frw to not let the pally actually connect smites
Gold: 544.00
Jun 22 2017 07:52pm
Quote (Fyasko @ 22 Jun 2017 17:43)
Topic.

Should I go with the typical BvB setup, but just swap out SS for Beastz?

Stick with Rends, Gores, Dungos?

Highlords vs Angelics set?

Arreats vs CoA?

What say you?

Thanks.

Stash SS for Beast Z.

Drop rends for Dracs.

Go full Angelics, unless dealing w/ Holy Freeze, then roll w/ 1x Raven for CBF.

Arreat's is fantastic, but you need DR, badly. Roll double Ber'd CoA.

Dungo wouldn't hurt to top it off either if the Smiter has a strong setup, but probably not needed vs most, which means you'll be @ 39% DR.

If you're being bm'd, you could opt for Fade via Treachery for the added DR, bringing you up to the needed 50% mark.

Lastly, I wouldn't worry about FCR bps vs a pure smiter, as I wouldn't even bother teleing due to charge/synch. He'll likely be on you in seconds and have the chance for a few hits before you're able to react accordingly.

Just whirl away and clip him. If he is telesmite, and tries to catch you by waiting in front of you to tag you as you whirl to him, drop down at an angle to keep him from landing any hits. I highly recommend not accidentally namelocking him w/ WW, as you'll stop at him, and stand there for a second or so, which means the ball is now in his court.

Basically, just play defensively and let him come to you. If he decides he's too scared to go on the offensive, bring the fight to him and proceed to carefully clip where you can, when you can.

He'll probably be a bit tough to hit consistently due to Holy Shield (Relatively hi-def) + MB. So it's a toss up on throwing another Angelic ring on if you're looking for a reliable number of attacks to connect.

There's a number of other variables involved regarding your build and overall strategy, but that should handle the majority of Smiters w/o much of a problem.

Edit: Just realized this: If you're not utilizing teleport, as I had recommended against, there's not much need for Enigma. You won't be running/walking, so the FRW is also useless. The +Skills aren't bad for the sake of BO, but that won't likely save you much, which realistically only leaves you w/ the added +8% DR as the real mvp in terms of the overall stats.

My point: The added +300% ED from Fort would be a fantastic addition to the build. You'll notice fairly larger hits. If you have deep pockets, it wouldn't hurt to grab a Fort of Chains. Base doesn't matter too much, so long as it isn't in anything that's got a really high Str req on it.

This post was edited by Unconscious on Jun 22 2017 07:57pm
Gold: 21,560.00
Jun 22 2017 08:00pm
Quote (Unconscious @ Jun 22 2017 08:52pm)
Stash SS for Beast Z.

Drop rends for Dracs.

Go full Angelics, unless dealing w/ Holy Freeze, then roll w/ 1x Raven for CBF

Arreat's is fantastic, but you need DR, badly. Roll double Ber'd CoA.

Dungo wouldn't hurt to top it off either if the Smiter has a strong setup, but probably not needed vs most, which means you'll be @ 39% DR.

If you're being bm'd, you could opt for Fade via Treachery for the added DR, bringing you up to the needed 50% mark.

Lastly, I wouldn't worry about FCR bps vs a pure smiter, as I wouldn't even bother teleing due to charge/synch. He'll likely be on you in seconds and have the chance for a few hits before you're able to react accordingly.

Just whirl away and clip him. If he is telesmite, and tries to catch you by waiting in front of you to tag you as you whirl to him, drop down at an angle to keep him from landing any hits. I highly recommend not accidentally namelocking him w/ WW, as you'll stop at him, and stand there for a second or so, which means the ball is now in his court.

Basically, just play defensively and let him come to you. If he decides he's too scared to go on the offensive, bring the fight to him and proceed to carefully clip where you can, when you can.

He'll probably be a bit tough to hit consistently due to Holy Shield (Relatively hi-def) + MB. So it's a toss up on throwing another Angelic ring on if you're looking for a reliable number of attacks to connect.

There's a number of other variables involved regarding your build and overall strategy, but that should handle the majority of Smiters w/o much of a problem.

Edit: Just realized this: If you're not utilizing teleport, as I had recommended against, there's not much need for Enigma. You won't be running/walking, so the FRW is also useless. The +Skills aren't bad for the sake of BO, but that won't likely save you much, which realistically only leaves you w/ the added +8% DR as the real mvp in terms of the overall stats.

My point: The added +300% ED from Fort would be a fantastic addition to the build. You'll notice fairly larger hits. If you have deep pockets, it wouldn't hurt to grab a Fort of Chains. Base doesn't matter too much, so long as it isn't in anything that's got a really high Str req on it.

Smh..
Gold: 544.00
Jun 22 2017 08:06pm
Quote (Haseo @ 22 Jun 2017 21:00)
Smh..

Great contribution to the thread.

Care to elaborate a little more?
Gold: 25,722.33
Jun 22 2017 08:18pm
Quote (Unconscious @ Jun 23 2017 02:06am)

Raven doesn't help vs HF

Smh..

This post was edited by Piwah on Jun 22 2017 08:18pm
Gold: 21,560.00
Jun 22 2017 08:19pm
Quote (Unconscious @ Jun 22 2017 09:06pm)

Quote (Piwah @ Jun 22 2017 09:18pm)
Raven doesn't help vs HF

Smh..

Didnt need to..this guys stated it
Jun 22 2017 08:22pm
Quote (Unconscious @ Jun 22 2017 08:06pm)

Most of your advice was sound, but holy freeze is not affected by cannot be frozen, a raven is useless vs holy frost. While getting charged with some minor cold damage can be a problem, smiters generally don't carry enough cold and the duel is about not getting hit in the first place so full angelics is the go-to. I don't see much in terms of hope for a barb beating a full anti-barb smiter unless you're doing some crazy like enchanted eternity revives. Using doom instead of grief is one option, if it comes down to pally's offensive aura flash vs your defensive holy frost, screwing his smite breakpoint can do the trick, as can some slow target ie clegs gloves + arachs. It can be enough to gimp him from 6 fpa smite to 13-14 fpa even with fanat on. Also it will unsync him as he charges around you.

The duel still gets awkward when the pally plays defensive and shift smites, because maneuvering close enough to whirlwind even with teleport is risky to get charged or telesmited. I used to pester shift smiting donks with my brawler with dual eth dex glitched lacerators since they can't easily charge you even during the time you're throwing due to the invisible throw animation being unclickable, but the short range and low chance to hit and easily dodged projectiles didn't make it all that helpeful vs a good smiter. But a widowmaker on switch and just going 2 screens away and bleeding him out will force the donk to engage you, if you simply stay at range when he's defensive he can't punish you for having your bow side out
Gold: 25,722.33
Jun 22 2017 08:34pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 23 2017 02:22am)
Most of your advice was sound, but holy freeze is not affected by cannot be frozen, a raven is useless vs holy frost. While getting charged with some minor cold damage can be a problem, smiters generally don't carry enough cold and the duel is about not getting hit in the first place so full angelics is the go-to. I don't see much in terms of hope for a barb beating a full anti-barb smiter unless you're doing some crazy like enchanted eternity revives. Using doom instead of grief is one option, if it comes down to pally's offensive aura flash vs your defensive holy frost, screwing his smite breakpoint can do the trick, as can some slow target ie clegs gloves + arachs. It can be enough to gimp him from 6 fpa smite to 13-14 fpa even with fanat on. Also it will unsync him as he charges around you.

The duel still gets awkward when the pally plays defensive and shift smites, because maneuvering close enough to whirlwind even with teleport is risky to get charged or telesmited. I used to pester shift smiting donks with my brawler with dual eth dex glitched lacerators since they can't easily charge you even during the time you're throwing due to the invisible throw animation being unclickable, but the short range and low chance to hit and easily dodged projectiles didn't make it all that helpeful vs a good smiter. But a widowmaker on switch and just going 2 screens away and bleeding him out will force the donk to engage you, if you simply stay at range when he's defensive he can't punish you for having your bow side out

Why u gotta tldr things
Jun 22 2017 08:35pm
Quote (Piwah @ Jun 22 2017 08:34pm)
Why u gotta tldr things

here's the actual TLDR version, 32 pages worth;
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=56012588&f=87&o=310
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll