d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Damage Calculations & Offstats
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,672.68
Jun 23 2017 06:34am
Quote (Gearic @ Jun 24 2017 12:42am)
lol Triggered much?

Bad science is bad science. You wouldn't expect a scientific journal to publish an article that breaks all the rules of the scientific method, just because they didn't have someone to redo the study.

If you make merritless claims, they don't gain merit because the one that points out your mistakes hasn't replicated the study. They also don't gain merit from you lobbing personal attacks that have nothing to do with the topic.

If people don't like it, it isn't because you have bad ideas or make unfounded claims. It's because you're a real asshole to your detractors for no good reason.

That coming from someone that hasn't played this game as long as myself of Derdrops stating BS is quite inside of the box.
Don't quote someone that has knowledge of the game and the advances it has made before you decided gaming... shit, you haven't even recorded the amount of xp points of each normal monster like I have, you also haven't realised that an Evil Presence gives 2x the amount of experience points of a normal monster. This also does not denote the fact that the Portals giving information about the base damage of each weapon is actually incorrect, and has been for over 5 years. Don't believe me... check Marketplace, it actually shows the true damage of a weapon without Enhanced Effect, now take that base damage shown and compare it to the tier level in the portals portrayed in Ladder Slasher.

Meritless... I think you don't know anything outside of the crap that partial members want you to know.
Gold: 1,084.46
Jun 23 2017 07:17am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 23 Jun 2017 08:34)
That coming from someone that hasn't played this game as long as myself of Derdrops stating BS is quite inside of the box.
Don't quote someone that has knowledge of the game and the advances it has made before you decided gaming... shit, you haven't even recorded the amount of xp points of each normal monster like I have, you also haven't realised that an Evil Presence gives 2x the amount of experience points of a normal monster. This also does not denote the fact that the Portals giving information about the base damage of each weapon is actually incorrect, and has been for over 5 years. Don't believe me... check Marketplace, it actually shows the true damage of a weapon without Enhanced Effect, now take that base damage shown and compare it to the tier level in the portals portrayed in Ladder Slasher.

Meritless... I think you don't know anything outside of the crap that partial members want you to know.

A couple points:
1. I never claimed to know more than anyone else. I made this thread to add to my knowledge by drawing it from others.
2. You having played this game for a long time does not mean you can make claims based on poorly gather data. I am not saying that your data has been poorly gathered, but you haven't even bothered to attempt to defend your methods. You simply go on the attack in an unnecessarily hostile and childish manner.
3. Naming random tidbits of information and claiming with absolutely zero basis that I don't know them is just simply idiotic. you have no clue what I do and don't know regarding XP Values. You have no clue what I do and don't know regarding base weapon damage values. I have already expressed that I know the portal is unreliable.
4. Being a veteran of Ladder Slash does not make you cool.
5. Don't tell me who to quote.

Now, to paraphrase the threat I've seen you throw multiple times, stop posting on my thread if you are not adding to actual conversation, or you will be reported for spam.
Gold: 135,832.58
Trader: Trusted
Jun 23 2017 07:51am
Quote (Gearic @ 22 Jun 2017 20:23)
Wow, differnt base crit per weapon, too?? How ever are we supposed to theorycraft??

Well thats kinda hard ^^ but mostly you just compare two ee values.. so lets say you got a 100ee lvl 55 dagger and a 125ee lvl 50 dagger.. first of all you can just see which dagger shows how much dmg.. so this is showing which dagger to take.
It will be a lot harder though if things like crit strike, armor pierce, power shot and str/dex come into play.. the easiest thing in that case would be to just compare which weapon is doing how much dmg without using abilities and try not to hit those immune monsters.
You also dont have to theory craft like you would at poe for example. You dont have too many items to choose from at a certain lvl.
dagger, staff all dex
club, sword all str
axe just as much str + dex as possible.

most people count +1cs like 2-3 stats (stats giving a higher normal hit while +cs mod is giving more crits.. so hard to compare the two.. the only thing that could be compared is the avrg dmg.

regarding another post.. with high dex it is obvious that a dagger is doing a lot more dmg than a sword or longsword. since 90% of the dex is counting towards your dagger dmg while only 25% of the dex is counting towards your sword/longsword dmg.
the difference on the amount of crits can be explained by the different base crit chance of dagger (very low) to longswords (medium)
so i dont think that str or dex would have had any influence on this.
Jun 23 2017 08:05am
Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ 23 Jun 2017 09:51)
Well thats kinda hard ^^ but mostly you just compare two ee values.. so lets say you got a 100ee lvl 55 dagger and a 125ee lvl 50 dagger.. first of all you can just see which dagger shows how much dmg.. so this is showing which dagger to take.
It will be a lot harder though if things like crit strike, armor pierce, power shot and str/dex come into play.. the easiest thing in that case would be to just compare which weapon is doing how much dmg without using abilities and try not to hit those immune monsters.
You also dont have to theory craft like you would at poe for example. You dont have too many items to choose from at a certain lvl.
dagger, staff all dex
club, sword all str
axe just as much str + dex as possible.

most people count +1cs like 2-3 stats (stats giving a higher normal hit while +cs mod is giving more crits.. so hard to compare the two.. the only thing that could be compared is the avrg dmg.

regarding another post.. with high dex it is obvious that a dagger is doing a lot more dmg than a sword or longsword. since 90% of the dex is counting towards your dagger dmg while only 25% of the dex is counting towards your sword/longsword dmg.
the difference on the amount of crits can be explained by the different base crit chance of dagger (very low) to longswords (medium)
so i dont think that str or dex would have had any influence on this.

My understanding of the difference in base crit was this:

Since dex effects crit chance, and daggers gain flat dmg from dex, daggers are given a lower base crit chance to offset the fact that they will get a bunch of extra crit from dex.
If crit chance from dex was later removed, it wouldn't surprise me if this thought pattern was forgotten or ignored, and was never brought back into balance.

When I made this post, I was buying a new dex charm.
My current charm was lvl 55 w/ +28 dex & +2 crit.
My new charm us lvl 40 w/ +28 dex & +10 str.

It's definitely an upgrade either way, because I didn't have a lvl 40 charm. But, I ignored the +2 crit and assumed the +10 str would be better, even though I'm using daggers. So, while the thread has spent a a lot of time talking about whther or not dex effects crit (which I definitely do care about), more immediate question is about base crit & crit multiplier. But, I guess this isn't something we have good numbers on?
Jun 23 2017 08:22am
the dex doesnt effect the crits anymore. i have played rogue with 130str 130dex and 30str and 230dex and not seen a noticable difference.
since the ratios give the stats a value for each weapon type, you will have a lot better outcome for daggers than you will have for axes.
example: if you can reach lets say 200dex you will have an "extra dmg factor" of 200*0,9 = 180 while for the same stats on an axe (make it 100str and 100dex or 200 of str or dex (doesnt matter)) you will only have 200*0,5=100. This means that your dagger will get boosted a lot more than your axe.. right when ratios got introduced the dagger still critted like in the ladder slasher version before (because the crits got boosted by the dex).. but this had to be changed and balanced. so the dagger got a strong nerf by reducing the amount of crits. you will also recognize that daggers stay pretty much in their dmg range which is shown while axes do quite a bit more dmg than displayed.. (if your axe shows like 800-1000 dmg it will do normal hits of 1000-1400ish)
Jun 23 2017 08:37am
Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ 23 Jun 2017 10:22)
[...] you will also recognize that daggers stay pretty much in their dmg range which is shown while axes do quite a bit more dmg than displayed.. (if your axe shows like 800-1000 dmg it will do normal hits of 1000-1400ish)

Do we know what accounts for this? I've watched stat increases effect the displayed damage values on weapons, so that isn't ruled completely out. Is there an issue with the way ratios are calculated on stated values vs. actual damage rolls?
Jun 23 2017 08:54am
Quote (Gearic @ 23 Jun 2017 15:37)
Do we know what accounts for this? I've watched stat increases effect the displayed damage values on weapons, so that isn't ruled completely out. Is there an issue with the way ratios are calculated on stated values vs. actual damage rolls?

I dont know why thats the case.. i also dont know the exact formula for the dmg calculation on weapons.. i only found that formula for charms/armors
Gold: 30,363.04
Jun 23 2017 01:29pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 23 Jun 2017 11:29)
Don't quote me based on circumstances that you can NOT indulge in when YOU HAVE NOT done any testing yourself... for fuck sake, you come up with a scenario for others to test, yet you don't fucking test it yourself... shit boy (yes, boy) get off you ass and do some testing yourself based on your post... don't fucking question something without testing it yourself like a moron.

Come at me... you don't know the answer to my post and your own post... so, before spouting off shit... get your fat white ass off the couch and use a braincell to prove yourself correct... shit, prove me wrong by your own convictions you posted here today.

EDIT: lock me or suspend me etc... but this retard needs to prove himself with his own proof, I tested my shit, I posted shit tested by others... where the fuck is DerDrops test results... oh w8... he doesn't have a fucking clue.

seems like someone can't handle criticism here. instead of reading and trying to understand, what i am telling you, you just jump off your seat, spill your bear onto the screen, and yell at me like a kid, who got taken away his lolly.
i did a lot testing and i am working in a scientific field where a lot real tests are performed (including real statistics). i know how real tests should look like. what you did was maybe almost a preliminary try. nothing more and it was set up badly. just because i don't perform tests in a boring clicking game, does not mean i don't know how to set up tests.

since i played this game long enough to know the details and how things work, i believe to be able to judge the quality of a test related to the game.

I'd like to suggest something more to you:
reflect your behavior, think about conducting a real test and decide to invest the effort needed or simply leave it and enjoy the game. its up to you.

Quote (izParagonzi @ 23 Jun 2017 13:34)

he does not need to play any game in order to tell you, science works and how it is judged... but whatever, you prolly didn't even understand his post, because you prefer to reject any kind of criticism and honesty, which is not in your favour.

This post was edited by derDrops on Jun 23 2017 01:33pm
Gold: 33,683.52
Jun 23 2017 03:46pm
Can't we all just get along?

Please think of the children

This post was edited by slushslush on Jun 23 2017 03:49pm
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll