d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > What Programs Are Used For Graphic Work Lately?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 625.69
Jun 21 2017 04:25am
I know this is the most overasked thing on this forum (probably) but well... I don't know what programs I need. D:

I'm guessing Adobe Photoshop is the answer but... is that all that's needed? What about for making Gifs etc?

Are there free options, since Photoshop seems really expensive honestly?

Also are there any good tutorials on how to use this stuff floating around this forum?

Thanks for any replies!

This post was edited by Shinigami on Jun 21 2017 04:49am
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jun 21 2017 05:43am
I don't mean to be rude but all your questions can be answered with a simple google search

Photoshop does gifs aswell

Tutorials are all over youtube. Depending what you wanna do, search that.

All of adobe software is free if you know where to look. Or you can look at GIMP

Or get CC for $20 a month which includes all of adobes products

This post was edited by Jerryl on Jun 21 2017 05:43am
Gold: 625.69
Jun 21 2017 05:49am
Quote (Jerryl @ Jun 21 2017 03:43am)
I don't mean to be rude but all your questions can be answered with a simple google search

Photoshop does gifs aswell

Tutorials are all over youtube. Depending what you wanna do, search that.

All of adobe software is free if you "look". Or you can look at GIMP

Or get CC for $20 a month

Fair enough. I just hate random google search adventures, feels like a scattered mess of results and generally just like to ask people directly about it, but I can totally understand if people feel it's an equally annoying pain in the ass to answer haha.

Like I did google photoshop and it seemed like it wasn't free from what I found (which is apparently incorrect), hence google searching just feels like a mess to me, and half the results are from sites I don't know and I tend to not like clicking random crap.

Regardless I appreciate the straight forward answer. =P
Gold: 4.00
Jun 21 2017 06:11am
Quote (Shinigami @ Jun 21 2017 01:49pm)
Fair enough. I just hate random google search adventures, feels like a scattered mess of results and generally just like to ask people directly about it, but I can totally understand if people feel it's an equally annoying pain in the ass to answer haha.

Like I did google photoshop and it seemed like it wasn't free from what I found (which is apparently incorrect), hence google searching just feels like a mess to me, and half the results are from sites I don't know and I tend to not like clicking random crap.

Regardless I appreciate the straight forward answer. =P

Hi.
I`m an amateur of this business. Google is the best way. I learned and learn alone this...

Try to use GIMP for sigs. It is free. Some little brother of Photoshop.

Also, if interested, PM me so I can give u some useful links used to create/edit pics, or even animations.

Regards...
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jun 21 2017 06:20am
If you are just wanting to learn the basics just youtube it, theres plently of nice tutorials

If you're looking to learn signatures, you could watch some "photo manipulation" tutorials

• Colour correction
  • Smudge tutorials
  • Positioning
  • etc

for renders you can look here: https://www.planetrenders.net/

You can also look here: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=63814312&f=246
Gold: 96.26
Jun 21 2017 09:39am
You can get some older Photoshop for free. I guess it was CS2 or something. Works fairly well, many steps ahead of GIMP.
Go Back To Graphic Design Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll