d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > With The Draft Less Than 72 Hours Away > Who Do You Want?
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 152.00
Jun 20 2017 12:18am
LeBron
Gold: 1.00
Jun 20 2017 02:12am
Quote (Voyaging @ 20 Jun 2017 07:18)
LeBron

No way does lebron go to the bucks
Gold: 127,773.00
Jun 20 2017 07:24am
based on mike fisher:

1) The Mavs have the "Big 9" that they think are the cream of the crop (and ONE of them HAS to be available and so the Mavs like their position). Here are the Big 9 in alphabetical order with likely teams to take them in parentheses (the top 5 players seem to be pretty set at this point unless there is another trade shake up at the top).

Ball (LAL)
Fox (SAC)
Fultz (PHI)
Isaac
Jackson (BOS/PHX)
Monk
Ntilikina
Smith Jr
Tatum (BOS/PHX)

2) The Mavs have two favorites from the likely group that will be taken 6-9: Isaac and Ntilikina.

3) However, Isaac is unlikely and Ntilikina could be nabbed at 8 by NYK.

4) The Mavs are not fans of the "fit" of Smith Jr and Monk, but WILL take them at 9 if it comes to that. Too much talent to pass up, even if the fit isn't ideal.

5) In order to give them options at 9, the Mavs are hoping ORL bites on ZCollins at 6 and/or MIN bites on Markkanen at 7.

6) Standing pat and grabbing whichever of the "Big 9" falls to them is the most likely scenario for draft night.

However, despite liking their position at 9...

1) The Mavs are laying groundwork in case the opportunity arises where a trade up to 7 with MIN becomes a win-win for both clubs (with the Mavs then being able to grab one of their favorites).

2) The Mavs are also laying groundwork for a possible trade back to the 10-12 range if that becomes a win-win (can't pass up) deal. In this case the Mavs will likely target ZCollins or DMitchell (maybe Kennard?) in the event one of the "Big 9" doesn't slip to 10-12.

3) Note that if ZCollins, Markkanen, and/or anyone else not in Big 9 are taken in the top 8 then the Mavs could trade back to 10-12 and still get one of the "Big 9" while also grabbing some other kind of asset(s).

4) Finally, the Mavs are exploring and likely laying the groundwork for the possibility of adding an additional first rounder at 15 or later (POR with luxury tax looming and 3 picks at #15, 20, & 26 is the most natural fit for a deal). Guys like Semi Ojeleye, Derrick White, Justin Jackson, Terrance Ferguson, Og Anunoby, Ike Anigbogu, Justin Patton, and Anzejs Pasecniks are the kind of players who come into play at that point.

tl;dr: standing pat and grabbing whichever of the "Big 9" falls to them is the most likely scenario for draft night.

no clue, if donnie thinks frank is the real deal, go for him. he wanted to draft greek freek as well. but wouldn't be surprised if its just a smokescreen. i mean the knicks want a pg clearly, and pick #8 and are high on him as well?

if knicks take frank, then mavs are left with one of monk/the forward that fell/DSJ. there's basically a guaranteed overflow of one of the top rated prospects to them.

if markkenen jumps into the top 9 you'll get to select which of the two remaining in the list above is the better fit, but if things play out as expected you just need to take one of those 9.

Gold: 7.27
Jun 20 2017 07:26am
Butler stays.
Trade all except for lopez butler for high picks
get all the picks
win nba finals
/thread
Gold: 1,100.00
Jun 20 2017 07:29am
Quote (Trig @ Jun 20 2017 09:26am)
Butler stays.
Trade all except for lopez butler for high picks
get all the picks
win nba finals
/thread

Honestly I'd rather trade Butler and build fresh

I also want to dump Hoidberg and our FO

I don't mind a few years of losing for the shot at a dynasty

And I feel like Butler is a great player but building around him will just make us another treadmill team

It's not like we're getting out of the east with the Cleveland super team around

This post was edited by Trugbug on Jun 20 2017 07:31am
Jun 20 2017 09:25am
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verifizierter Account @WojVerticalNBA
Sources: As teams become aware Phil Jackson isn't ruling out possibility of trading Kristaps Porzingis, frenzy of interest is growing today.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verifizierter Account @WojVerticalNBA
Sources: Phil Jackson met with Lauri Markkanen in New York on Monday, a player whom he's considering at No. 8 should Knicks move Porzingis.

lol

it's time to rebuild around melo.

This post was edited by darki99 on Jun 20 2017 09:26am
Gold: 0.68
Jun 20 2017 09:36am
Quote (darki99 @ Jun 20 2017 07:24am)
based on mike fisher:

no clue, if donnie thinks frank is the real deal, go for him. he wanted to draft greek freek as well. but wouldn't be surprised if its just a smokescreen. i mean the knicks want a pg clearly, and pick #8 and are high on him as well?

if knicks take frank, then mavs are left with one of monk/the forward that fell/DSJ. there's basically a guaranteed overflow of one of the top rated prospects to them.

if markkenen jumps into the top 9 you'll get to select which of the two remaining in the list above is the better fit, but if things play out as expected you just need to take one of those 9.

Good read I think I would be fine with one of those 9.
Jun 21 2017 04:04pm
Quote (darki99 @ 20 Jun 2017 14:24)
1) The Mavs are laying groundwork in case the opportunity arises where a trade up to 7 with MIN becomes a win-win for both clubs (with the Mavs then being able to grab one of their favorites)

solid prediction^^

mike fisher ✭ @fishsports
BREAKING: #Mavs #TWolves In #NBADraft Trade Talks - w Isaac (for DAL at 7) & ZCollins (for MINN at 9) Among Targets

mike fisher ✭‏Verifizierter Account @fishsports
#fishtips on #Mavs -Minn trade talks:
1) #Twolves purpose: slide down, gain asset, draft ZCollins
2) #Mavs trade talk goal: explore way to open up possible access to Isaac & DSJ
3) #Mavs strongly against dealing Matthews. Is there any trade reward threshold that changes that?
4) smart bet: #TWolves already have Draft trade offers to trade down. But they want ZCollins. Can't go too far. Thus, #Mavs talks
5) #Mavs trade talk to 7 is NOT Ntilikina focused, per source - 'multiple targets.' ( Isaac & @Dennis4Smith )

Darren Wolfson‏ @DWolfsonKSTP
The more I gather & hear from folks, the more I'm a fan of Zach Collins. Moving down, to say 9, & getting him wouldn't be bad, IMO. #Twolves

Michał Głowacki‏ @MichalG3
@DWolfsonKSTP
so talks with Dallas are real thing?

Darren Wolfson‏ @DWolfsonKSTP
Hmmm :)

Darren Wolfson @DWolfsonKSTP
Replying to @D_R_Schroeder
Kings aren't the team to watch. Dallas is.

Gold: 152.00
Jun 21 2017 04:38pm
Quote (Plaguelord @ Jun 20 2017 04:12am)
No way does lebron go to the bucks

nah im a timberwolves fan now
Gold: 0.72
Jun 21 2017 08:39pm
I'm fine with Ball or Jackson. But I haven't paid attention to the other lottery prospects yet. I trust we'll make the right decision.
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll