d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Site Suggestions > Site Suggestions Archive >
Poll > Addition To Report Post > Add Notes : Link Threads
12Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 18 2017 07:00pm
Forum rules are rather solid. However, there are ways to sneak around them sometimes. Even when the post has been reported.
A small example of this, is the bump rule. I've come across numerous users avoiding this bump rule by creating 3+ threads with the same buy or sell request. The titles are the only thing to change. This allows users to evade waiting 4 hours, as they can just bump a different one while another is on cooldown. Often this is minor, but it gets a bit out of hand sometimes. I've found these threads often don't get closed either, as the posts appear not to be bumping early.
There are other common little tricks I see, although they are not things I wish to address publicly.
a small notes section could clarify reasons for many reports, that would otherwise appear false claims.

On a side note... it would be nice if the text box was big enough to accept multiple web addresses. This way we would only need to report 1 thread, and list threads that apply to the same report.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 184,361.80
Jun 18 2017 07:14pm
The staff is aware of these ''tricks'' to circumvent the rules.
If an early bump is reported int a topic, and the topic itself is not early bumped, then it is further checked.
If something is reported and there is a violation, then the staff will get to it in due time.

Adding anything to the report system wont benefit the staff.
Gold: 20,232.06
Jun 18 2017 07:21pm
95% of early bumps/early reposts are not dealt with unless you pm a mod with the thread(s)
this may be a nice addition
Jun 18 2017 07:30pm
Quote (FantaExotic @ Jun 18 2017 08:14pm)
The staff is aware of these ''tricks'' to circumvent the rules.
If an early bump is reported int a topic, and the topic itself is not early bumped, then it is further checked.
If something is reported and there is a violation, then the staff will get to it in due time.

Adding anything to the report system wont benefit the staff.

I do not wish to undermine the jsp team's contribution at all. I feel you are looking at this as, "we as a team never made a mistake".
I can't imagine a notes function to be anything but beneficial.
Jun 20 2017 03:18pm
As I bump I wish to add to my response @ FantaExotic.

in particular to this section of the statement,
"If an early bump is reported int a topic, and the topic itself is not early bumped, then it is further checked."

I am not aware of the tools and access at a moderator's disposal, but I'd imagine it would still be some work to check through numerous thread listings of multiple days. Just because the initial reported post doesn't seem to be breaking any rules.
A notes section could not only bring clarity to reports, but also save moderators time from having to further examine what appears to be false claims.

I would like to stress that I realize this is a "minor threat" example. With how long these posts float about though, I would not like to disclose harsh exploits to the system. Publicly.
Gold: 9,205.00
Jun 22 2017 10:55am
Quote (Cheetos @ 19 Jun 2017 04:21)
95% of early bumps/early reposts are not dealt with unless you pm a mod with the thread(s)
this may be a nice addition

This is true.
Even if the mods do check every report, they definitely don't enforce the bump rule ..like at all.

I haven't bothered to even report them anymore since it feels like a waste.
Trade Moderator
Gold: 44,044.00
Jun 22 2017 12:18pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Jun 20 2017 11:18pm)
As I bump I wish to add to my response @ FantaExotic.

in particular to this section of the statement,
"If an early bump is reported int a topic, and the topic itself is not early bumped, then it is further checked."

I am not aware of the tools and access at a moderator's disposal, but I'd imagine it would still be some work to check through numerous thread listings of multiple days. Just because the initial reported post doesn't seem to be breaking any rules.
A notes section could not only bring clarity to reports, but also save moderators time from having to further examine what appears to be false claims.

I would like to stress that I realize this is a "minor threat" example. With how long these posts float about though, I would not like to disclose harsh exploits to the system. Publicly.

I can't explain how our tools for looking into reports work, but I can tell you that adding a note system wont really make a difference for us as we review entire topics when a post is reported.
If we feel like we need anything implemented to make our work easier, it's a discussion we will have internally.
Gold: 220.68
Jun 22 2017 01:38pm
this buttom dont work ever right...some times dont do nothing...
Jun 22 2017 10:08pm
Quote (Spetch @ Jun 22 2017 01:18pm)
I can't explain how our tools for looking into reports work, but I can tell you that adding a note system wont really make a difference for us as we review entire topics when a post is reported.
If we feel like we need anything implemented to make our work easier, it's a discussion we will have internally.

i'm having a hard time finding words to discuss this issue. it's seemingly starting as "mods vs users", which is completely the opposite of what i was trying to accomplish here.
i don't believe the jsp team does a bad job at all. i do think there is always room for immediate improvement though.
Trade Moderator
Gold: 44,044.00
Jun 23 2017 12:03pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Jun 23 2017 06:08am)
i'm having a hard time finding words to discuss this issue. it's seemingly starting as "mods vs users", which is completely the opposite of what i was trying to accomplish here.
i don't believe the jsp team does a bad job at all. i do think there is always room for immediate improvement though.

Yes but by adding notes to your reports it will only effect our job, not your report. You adding an additional comment to the reported post wont make a differense as i decribed above as we review everything in the topic, not only the specific post reported.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Archive Topic List
12Next
Closed New Topic New Poll