d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Best Classic Rush Sorc Skill Tree
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 217.50
Jun 22 2017 04:40pm
The only places where you need to use other spells than frozen orb are:

1) NM Lord de Seis - spawn so rare CI that doesn't matter, but if so easily killed with nova/static
2) Travincal - NM is peace of cake for sorc so doesn't matter, same as above
Hell travincal - Toorc is always fire/cold immune and Ismail? fire immune as well - good luck with your firewall and static :)
In player 8 doing Hell travi for sorc will be practically impossible - if you planning doing this it will be better to switch for pala (and maybe baba as well).

I've had firewall sorc - meteor sorc - static sorc - and even hydra sorc (all with frozen orb, most of them with 20 teleport).

Firewall/meteor works very well for killing cold immune - but still in hell travi they sucks. The only places where I found them useful are hell cs solo (but this is rush sorc), for SLIGHTLY faster killing andy/duriel (practically no difference using fire spells on them when you static them first and finish with forb) and when I was stupid to clear altar with claw viper and maggot lair (here you need high lvl static - but just ignore snakes and leave tp next to altar / chest ).

Static 20+ covers whole screen and is very nice for soloing game. For rush is not that practical.

Hydra for rush is too slow but for soloing as always very nice.

I said to invest points in warmth not because this is very useful skill but because there are no better alternatives.
Even 20 lvl teleport drains mana so quickly that it will be annoying to drink mana potions.
I prefer to have 20+ lvl teleport + high mana pool + high level warmth and forget about mana potions when teleporting AT ALL and in some cases even when killing mobs - this is what I missing from LoD (Insight merc!).

For me all of those spells are very useful - just shared my though what I think is the most versatile, fastest and pleasant way to build rush sorc.
Gold: 155.50
Jun 22 2017 06:37pm
Quote (diablo2z @ 22 Jun 2017 23:40)
Static 20+ covers whole screen and is very nice for soloing game. For rush is not that practical.
I disagree. It's very practical in 4-8 players nightmare/ hell (act 1/2) games in travi, Mephisto (he's moving alot, so 1 static is ridiculous low), CS. Nobody says, 20 pts in static are needed. But 1 point is absolute shit and has nothing to do with smooth gameplay. Some take 15 pts, others take 10 pts.

I don't discuss hell act 3/4, my recommendations are all about hell only until complete act 2. And as you mentioned viper: Sometimes it works with tp straight away on altar, and often enough it does not work (rushed person dies, especially from guardians or skellets). Sure: You can make next game or giving the shit some time with your crap lvl 1 static. Warmth brings you almost nothing, the gain is so unimportant, that all pts there are a complete waste for a rush sorc and are better put in static/teleport/firewall e.g.

Quote (diablo2z @ 22 Jun 2017 23:40)
The only places where you need to use other spells than frozen orb are [...]

We don't discuss if it is absolutely needed cuz of ci mops. The question is if you do more dps and thus fnish the rush faster with more pts in static than only 1 (e.g. 10)
Gold: 19,265.00
Jun 22 2017 10:31pm
Best skill is ORB
Gold: 2.01
Jun 23 2017 03:35am
20orb
20cm
20fm
20firewall
1warmth
1static
1teleport

+pré requis 8

Total lvl 80 (quest skill 12 inclue)

Rest in warmth
Jun 23 2017 04:18am
Quote (LeKoden @ 23 Jun 2017 10:35)
20orb
20cm
20fm
20firewall
1warmth
1static
1teleport

This build is absolute shit :)

This post was edited by moonlightshadow on Jun 23 2017 04:18am
Gold: 2.01
Jun 23 2017 04:33am
Quote (moonlightshadow @ Jun 23 2017 11:18am)
This build is absolute shit :)

Lol this build do Cs/rush ez, Nn more static cause useless
Fm cause much dmg than warmth
Icebolt dont up So much dmg -> Cm is a must

Full vita build/70fcr Just easy
Jun 23 2017 04:38am
Your build is shit. And this cuz of 1 tele (lol) and secondly 1 static. But what really sucks hard, is 1 point in tele :wallbash: But hey, it can be done with this ofc, no question,but potting all time long cuz of low mana really sucks. And ofc I assmume, that ppl playing legit without maphack.
Gold: 217.50
Jun 23 2017 09:50am
Quote (moonlightshadow @ Jun 23 2017 11:38am)
Your build is shit. And this cuz of 1 tele (lol) and secondly 1 static. But what really sucks hard, is 1 point in tele :wallbash: But hey, it can be done with this ofc, no question,but potting all time long cuz of low mana really sucks. And ofc I assmume, that ppl playing legit without maphack.

Few posts before you advised that
Quote (moonlightshadow @ Jun 22 2017 10:26pm)
20 Teleport might be too much, as your Mana should be comfortable with ~15 or so. 20 pts is still an option though, if u want to. .

I stopped using pots when teleporting when I had 24 lvl tele and about 500 mana pool. If someone don't have eq + skills and nice mana with your advice (15-20 pts tele) will drink mana pot every few second. What's the difference between 15 points tele and 1 tele? 14 wasted points or the fact that you need to shop for mana potions every 2-3 mins instead of 1 min? Have you noticed that difference between 24 lvl tele and 23 lvl is 100% and between 24 lvl tele and 20lvl is 500% and 24 lvl tele vs 15 lvl tele 1000%?

Quote (LeKoden @ Jun 23 2017 10:35am)
20orb
20cm
20fm
20firewall
1warmth
1static
1teleport

+pré requis 8

Total lvl 80 (quest skill 12 inclue)

Rest in warmth

This build weakest point is ofc tele. For doing few rushes it's not bad - but if you sacrifice this char for rushes it won't be very effective & pleasant to play.
For normal game play is very useful though. I'd rather choose meteor instead of firewall and rest points put in meteor synergies / ice bolt, not in warmth.
Jun 23 2017 10:55am
Quote (diablo2z @ 23 Jun 2017 16:50)
Few posts before you advised that

No, I did not. I said, that only 1 point in tele is fail

Quote (diablo2z @ 23 Jun 2017 16:50)
What's the difference between 15 points tele and 1 tele?

The difference is, that 1 point tele costs 24 mana or so and lvl 15 costs 10 mana. You see difference there? What a rush sorc mainly does ist porting around. Don't tell me, there is no difference and there is no effect concerning time (buying pots etc.). Sure, you can buy louds of pots, but that is not suitable at all, though it's possible ofc. I used to go for 1 tele, too several years ago, but never did this again, cuz it was rly annoying.
Gold: 15,245.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 23 2017 12:53pm
Quote (moonlightshadow @ Jun 23 2017 01:37am)
(...) It's very practical in 4-8 players nightmare/ hell (act 1/2) (...)
I don't discuss hell act 3/4, (...)

Then again, you seem to feel that rushing through nightmare is hard ??
I can't imagine that (unless your sorceress is level 55 and goes with totally crap gear).

Quote (diablo2z @ Jun 22 2017 11:40pm)
The only places where you need to use other spells than frozen orb are:

1) NM Lord de Seis - spawn so rare CI that doesn't matter, but if so easily killed with nova/static
2) Travincal - NM is peace of cake for sorc so doesn't matter, same as above
Hell travincal - Toorc is always fire/cold immune and Ismail? fire immune as well - good luck with your firewall and static :)
In player 8 doing Hell travi for sorc will be practically impossible - if you planning doing this it will be better to switch for pala (and maybe baba as well).

(...)

I don't discuss hell act 3/4 either, a rush sorceress is built to sustain up to act2.
Here's other occasions :
- hell : against Fangskin, when it spawns on the Altar
- hell : against Ghoul lords, and some near the summoner prevent level 1 char to enter the portal,
- hell : against Gorebellys, who may prevent the rushed char to insert the Horadric staff.

The only problem with Firewall as a finishing skill is when nightmare De Seis spawns cold+fire immuned (which is not every game, happily).
In this situation, I usually use Static then throw a single hit with a fast poisonous dagger (or with PMH mod).

1 point Static (hence final level 5 => 6 yards radius) is more than enough against solo targets.

Quote (diablo2z @ Jun 22 2017 11:40pm)
(...)
I said to invest points in warmth not because this is very useful skill but because there are no better alternatives.
Even 20 lvl teleport drains mana so quickly that it will be annoying to drink mana potions. (...)

On the contrary, teleporting at level 24 costs ... 1 mana point. Obviously, 1 point invested into Warmth (or even none) is enough to cast Teleport indefinitely.

Quote (moonlightshadow @ Jun 23 2017 01:37am)
(...) And as you mentioned viper: Sometimes it works with tp straight away on altar, and often enough it does not work (rushed person dies, especially from guardians or skellets). Sure: You can make next game or giving the shit some time with your crap lvl 1 static. (...)

And precisely here, 1 point Static covers the whole area of Altar, where all the snakes are standing, for our greater despair...
Investing more points into Ice bolt or Firewall rather than into Static makes the rush faster.

... in my humble opinion.

This post was edited by feanur on Jun 23 2017 12:54pm
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll