d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Best Classic Rush Sorc Skill Tree
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 23,084.91
Jun 22 2017 01:07pm
Quote (Vilify @ 22 Jun 2017 21:04)
Yeah I hate how I can be further away from Diablo and still be dicking him down with static too.

Because you'd want to be away from Diablo in order to take damage from his mega beamer <_<
Gold: 27,873.00
Jun 22 2017 01:09pm
Yeah because I hate clicking teleport or walking/using static. Stop reaching.
Gold: 1,490.00
Jun 22 2017 01:21pm
Quote (Rusemen @ 22 Jun 2017 21:07)
Because you'd want to be away from Diablo in order to take damage from his mega beamer <_<

Lol indeed ^^

Quote (Vilify @ 22 Jun 2017 21:09)
Yeah because I hate clicking teleport or walking/using static. Stop reaching.

So u rather take damage than just come as close to him? :huh:
Which takes 1 sec lol
Gold: 2,601.00
Jun 22 2017 01:27pm
Max orb, max cold masterie, max static, max Firewall, Rest fire masterie. Supports Like chilling armor, teleport 1

This post was edited by Wingman93 on Jun 22 2017 01:30pm
Gold: 155.50
Jun 22 2017 01:31pm
Quote (feanur @ 22 Jun 2017 19:56)
Trying to kill more that 1 target when rushing is not a very good strategy (considering only time spent counts).

That's sort of bullshit in real gameplay, cuz if u face council nightmare, u have to kill them all. And sometimes, especially at lower charlevels, u want to get rid of some nasty mobs, say, in CS, too. As said from Vilify, strong aoe is one of the keys to dramatically speed up the rush. Even if it comes to single target situations (and ofc there are many of them), higher static makes u much faster, as using orb directly in front of a monster is not very effective. We all know, there is a special distance, in which orb has it's greatest dps even on single target. With static 1 u won't r reach your target from orb's best killing distance. All of this said is less true ofc with only 1 char in norm difficulty, but the effect of higher lvl static gets bigger and bigger, if we talk of nightmare diff with multiple chars to rush.

Gold: 23,084.91
Jun 22 2017 01:37pm
hvh cvc ava

come at me
Gold: 217.50
Jun 22 2017 01:56pm
cold skill:
20 frozen orb + 20 ice bolt + 20 cold mastery + prereq

light skill:
20 teleport + prereq
1 nova + static + lmastery

fire skill:
warmth - rest

rationale:
for cold tree
forb is op for rush sorc
blizzard is ofc better damage but it is more suitable for doing chaos runs / cows etc (not mentioning that has too many synergies)
some people debate over ice bolt synergy - 40% more damage to your main damaging spell that you use 95% of time (4% for teleport and 1% is rest) - for me no brainer here
cold mastery - 17 gives you -100% cap on most monsters, but still some of them have some resistance (Duriel?) - 20!

for light tree
teleport - rush sorc tele rather often ;) + boots 30frw recommended
nova+static+lmastery - great combo to deal with cold immune when you REALLY need - and you shouldn't!
discussion about static: who kills monsters during rush (except quest bosses)??? 1 point in static is more than enough to deal with bosses - btw. when you deal with bosses ALWAYS tele on top of them - they don't use spells and with nice block (75) you can handle them, even meph is way quicker/better this way
warmth - you really don't need any other spells, warmth is just a bonus to help you with mana / could invest in other spells (not recommended)

for fire tree:
when you can use static - you can kill with nova rather easily
without static (LI) - it will take ages (if even possible) to do rush killing some stuff
btw most of CI just skip (maggot lair etc).
for travincal - kill everything what you can with forb, then static one by one and kill with nova/buy light merc, or change char if you have one
if light/cold immune council member reload game - it will be still quicker than trying to kill it with firewall/meteor as your secondary
Gold: 15,245.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 22 2017 03:11pm
Quote (moonlightshadow @ Jun 22 2017 08:31pm)
That's sort of bullshit in real gameplay, cuz if u face council nightmare, u have to kill them all. And sometimes, especially at lower charlevels, u want to get rid of some nasty mobs, say, in CS, too. As said from Vilify, strong aoe is one of the keys to dramatically speed up the rush. Even if it comes to single target situations (and ofc there are many of them), higher static makes u much faster, as using orb directly in front of a monster is not very effective. We all know, there is a special distance, in which orb has it's greatest dps even on single target. With static 1 u won't r reach your target from orb's best killing distance. All of this said is less true ofc with only 1 char in norm difficulty, but the effect of higher lvl static gets bigger and bigger, if we talk of nightmare diff with multiple chars to rush.

Do you really have problems in nightmare ?
I wonder at what char level you're trying to rush, and what gear you're using...
Nightmare is supposed to be a piece of cake (except, sometimes, De Seis when bi-immuned).

Quote (diablo2z @ Jun 22 2017 08:56pm)
(...)
for travincal - kill everything what you can with forb, then static one by one and kill with nova/buy light merc, or change char if you have one
if light/cold immune council member reload game - it will be still quicker than trying to kill it with firewall/meteor as your secondary

And you're obviously talking about Hell Travincal, don't you ?

On a sidenote, Firewall, as finishing skill, hits harder than nova.
I doubt you'd be able to kill a single cold immuned target in P8 Hell using Static + low nova, whereas it's so easy with Static + Firewall.
Jun 22 2017 03:26pm
To skill 20 pts in icebolt is a total waste and total fooling. Also 20 Teleport might be too much, as your Mana should be comfortable with ~15 or so. 20 pts is still an option though, if u want to. Skilling warmth with more than 1 point is - to me - nonsense too. To make this clear: There is not one build that is the right one while all others suck.

What should a classic sorc do? She should rush char(s) as fast and as suitable as it can be. As already mentioned static is by far the number 1 ability in classic. Although it does not increase dps output with more pts in it, it does increase it's effectivness dramatically with an increase of it's range to use. With 10-15 pts in it the advantage u get from this is so high, it's definitely worth it. Especially if rushing multiple chars in nightmare. 20 pts in icebolt instead never ever reaches out those pts in static. And by now we are only talking about speed. 1 pt in static makes playing so suck hard, that is isn't worth it calling comfortable anymore.

Rush Sorc classic:

[x] skilling warmth with more than 1 pt => fail
[x] not skilling a higher lvl of static => fail
[x] skilling icebolt => fail
[x] skilling only 1 pt teleport => fail

Quote (diablo2z @ 22 Jun 2017 20:56)

for travincal - kill everything what you can with forb, then static one by one and kill with nova/buy light merc

This approach rly sucks hard.

Just to say it clear again: We are talking about rush sorc, meaning full nightmare and hell act 1,2. Normal's complete joke.

Jun 22 2017 03:36pm
Quote (feanur @ 22 Jun 2017 22:11)
Do you really have problems in nightmare ?
I wonder at what char level you're trying to rush, and what gear you're using...
Nightmare is supposed to be a piece of cake

On a sidenote, Firewall, as finishing skill, hits harder than nova.

I never said nightmare is hard. I stated, that there are better ways to do nightmare and hell (act 1,2) with some pts in static. Nightmare is not a question of being hard. Anyway, the question is, how much time will it take to get it finished? Mostly my rush sorc has lvl 6x - 81.
If speaking about firewall: Defnitely agree, I always go for firewall.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll