d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Ifab Proposing New Rules In Football
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,383.11
Jun 17 2017 02:50pm
http://www.eurosport.com/football/ifab-propose-football-rules-revolution-dribbling-from-free-kicks-and-the-end-of-stoppage-time_sto6220109/story.shtml

only 60 minutes playtime instead of 90, but the clock will be stopped every time the ball is not in play

The Key Proposals

Players can play free kicks to themselves
Goal kicks do not have to leave the penalty area
Free kicks permitted with moving ball
Penalties conceded for handling back-passes
Penalty goals awarded for goal-line handballs
Full-time whistle only when ball is out of play
No follow-ups from penalty kicks
Referee to stop clock every time the ball is out of play

cant say i like these suggestions, it feels like they are too desperate to change something for the sake of change

the playtime change however sounds interesting, afaik the "real" playtime is somewhere around 60 minutes, depending on the game even less
according to statistics from the bundesliga pretty much every team stays below 60 minutes of actual playtime (with hamburg having only 52 minutes on average as the lowest)
this could make sure to have 60 minutes of real football and an unfair playstyle wont be rewarded
needless to say that time wasting will be a thing of the past then

what are your thoughts?
Gold: 2,570.91
Jun 17 2017 03:00pm
Quote (ampoo @ 17 Jun 2017 22:50)
http://www.eurosport.com/football/ifab-propose-football-rules-revolution-dribbling-from-free-kicks-and-the-end-of-stoppage-time_sto6220109/story.shtml

only 60 minutes playtime instead of 90, but the clock will be stopped every time the ball is not in play

The Key Proposals

cant say i like these suggestions, it feels like they are too desperate to change something for the sake of change

the playtime change however sounds interesting, afaik the "real" playtime is somewhere around 60 minutes, depending on the game even less
according to statistics from the bundesliga pretty much every team stays below 60 minutes of actual playtime (with hamburg having only 52 minutes on average as the lowest)
this could make sure to have 60 minutes of real football and an unfair playstyle wont be rewarded

what are your thoughts?

bold = like
underlined = depends

I think that football desperately needs to end time wasting, and stopping the time would be an effective way.
I've never been a fan of indirect freekicks... idk, it's just silly for me to shoot from a few meters away with the wall on the goal line... it's not a necessary change, but I wouldn't mind it.
Having the full time whistle only while the ball is out of play... idk, is a player supposed to kick the ball away when it's one of those draws both teams are satisfied with and are waiting for the game to end? It also seems kind of contradictory with the ref stopping the time... when time's up, time's up.
And the goal kick thing... it would open another window for time wasting, but if the whole stopping time is implemented then it wouldn't matter, and imo it's not a rule that would hurt, so idc.

The other proposed changes, I don't like.

This post was edited by zarkadon on Jun 17 2017 03:02pm
Gold: 0.00
Jun 17 2017 03:04pm
Some bullshit suggestions right there. No follow ups from penalty kicks is the only one I'd go for, a penalty save should be rewarded.
Warn: 20%
Jun 17 2017 03:25pm
Quote (ampoo @ 17 Jun 2017 21:50)

The Key Proposals

what are your thoughts?

bold = like
Jun 17 2017 03:35pm
Quote (fender @ 17 Jun 2017 23:25)
bold = like

well yeah, but those 90 minutes would become quite long if you really enforce that, its practically an extra 30 minutes for the players if you stick with 90 minutes ^^
Gold: 2,570.91
Jun 17 2017 03:55pm
Quote (WNxIrvine @ 17 Jun 2017 23:04)
Some bullshit suggestions right there. No follow ups from penalty kicks is the only one I'd go for, a penalty save should be rewarded.

but no more Cruyff penalties :(
Jun 17 2017 03:55pm
Quote (ampoo @ 17 Jun 2017 22:35)
well yeah, but those 90 minutes would become quite long if you really enforce that, its practically an extra 30 minutes for the players if you stick with 90 minutes ^^

no. no. i just like the referee to stop.

well, at least here in germany. i would volunteer to officiate all of our interesting matches. i think i'm rather qualified since i'm super correct and 100% objective every single time no matter what team plays, what do you think? i mean i can't possibly be worse than our referees last season, can i?
Jun 17 2017 03:58pm
Quote (fender @ 17 Jun 2017 23:55)
no. no. i just like the referee to stop.

well, at least here in germany. i would volunteer to officiate all of our interesting matches. i think i'm rather qualified since i'm super correct and 100% objective every single time no matter what team plays, what do you think? i mean i can't possibly be worse than our referees last season, can i?

its borderline impossible to be worse so yeah, fender for referee
Jun 17 2017 04:00pm
Quote (zarkadon @ 17 Jun 2017 22:55)
but no more Cruyff penalties :(

quite seriously though, they are bs. having that happen once is genius, not trying to take anything away from cruyff. that being said though, i think it's more of an exploit of the rules and not an intended way to execute a penalty. that might factually even be wrong, but that's how it looks to me - especially considering how inconsistent referees are about evaluating players entering the box early... for me, a penalty should be a simple shot on goal, a duel between the penalty taker and the goalie...

This post was edited by fender on Jun 17 2017 04:05pm
Gold: Locked
Jun 17 2017 04:32pm
No need to change the rules... just add video tech
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll