d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Has The Western World Become Better > The Last Ten Years?
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 29,321.34
Jun 16 2017 06:51pm
Quote (Tjo @ Jun 16 2017 05:49pm)
Aha, so you honestly, seriously, wholeheartedly believe, that Trump is the answer? You seriously believe that he is gonna reverse the bad stuff going on, and not aggravate it?

He will aggravate the sjw side to the point where they implode like they have been.

Trump is an idiot. But he stands for the most important thing right now in the age of the internet, which is freedom of speech.

Trump was only the answer because hilary was the other choice.

In all honesty, trump, bernie, and hiliary are all idiots and this election will be the one shitshow that might get us back on the right track for electing our officials.
Gold: 9.00
Jun 16 2017 06:56pm
Quote (LL0RT @ Jun 17 2017 02:51am)
He will aggravate the sjw side to the point where they implode like they have been.

Trump is an idiot. But he stands for the most important thing right now in the age of the internet, which is freedom of speech.

In all honesty, trump, bernie, and hiliary are all idiots and this election will be the one shitshow that might get us back on the right track for electing our officials.

So Hillary would take away freedom of speech, is that what you're saying? (i don't like hillary or trump, just a question)

This post was edited by Tjo on Jun 16 2017 06:56pm
Gold: 29,321.34
Jun 16 2017 07:01pm
Quote (Tjo @ Jun 16 2017 05:56pm)
So Hillary would take away freedom of speech, is that what you're saying? (i don't like hillary or trump, just a question)

she was trying to along with these sjws
Gold: 285.00
Jun 16 2017 07:07pm
Quote (LL0RT @ Jun 16 2017 07:51pm)

I'm pretty sure Trump is anti-speech. He is trying to expand libel and slander laws. That is literally anti-free speech.

Quote (Tjo @ Jun 16 2017 07:50pm)
I want to very badly!

We still have charming small towns in Sweden though, but I've noticed a trend in my country, and abroad, that people are getting harder and the world is getting bigger and less familiar.

We would be glad to have you :)

And while you've always had to be careful, we're definitely very conscious of it now. I'm not sure if incivility is a sign of the times as much as a reflection on consumerist culture in the way that it has everyone competing against each other...the economic times have been hard. China is mass producing synthetic opiates and capitalists are flooding the streets with them and now it is even in small towns. But people are acting against it though. There are more good people than bad in the world...truly bad people aren't real common.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jun 16 2017 07:11pm
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 16 2017 07:20pm
Quote (Tjo @ Jun 16 2017 08:31pm)
Are we going downhill? Or we are progressively getting better. Will our children and children's children live in a better world than we do today?
Ten years ago it was 2007. I was living in paradise back then, in a small town in Sweden. That sort of town would be like an utopia 2017. Today the town is infested with crime and drugs. The world is getting tougher, colder, bigger.

The big question is if we really are getting better, or if we are heading towards a major catastrophe? Society has always went up and down throughout history, civilizations has bloomed, and eventually fallen due to corruption, moral decay and war. What is your picture of the western world in ten years? What will the western world look like in 2027?

Objectively no, we aren't getting better.

The unsustainable bubbles of immigration, social security, medicare, Democratic inner city criminals, and now add Obamacare have helped to double the national debt over the past ten years.

We can't feel the effects yet, but the delayed sting will be deep on the standard of living of the country.

However, the far extended promise of any current hardship is that the suffering usually creates a future generation that is more equipped to fix the problems. The generation after us will likely be better off than us, even if we have to fix the baby boomers' stupidity right now.

It all depends on if we can close the borders and end the welfare state within the next twenty years.

This post was edited by EndlessSky on Jun 16 2017 07:23pm
Jun 16 2017 07:23pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 17 2017 03:07am)
I'm pretty sure Trump is anti-speech. He is trying to expand libel and slander laws. That is literally anti-free speech.

We would be glad to have you :)

And while you've always had to be careful, we're definitely very conscious of it now. I'm not sure if incivility is a sign of the times as much as a reflection on consumerist culture in the way that it has everyone competing against each other...the economic times have been hard. China is mass producing synthetic opiates and capitalists are flooding the streets with them and now it is even in small towns. But people are acting against it though. There are more good people than bad in the world...truly bad people aren't real common.

Thank you!

As long as the good outnumber the bad, optimism is the only option.

I don't know, maybe it's just an illusion, or i'm getting older, and reflect more, but I see the bad stuff increasing at a rapid pace, the very divided political climate is just one sign of it. But maybe the climate always was like this, just that our parents and ancestor didnt have an opportunity to express it the same way via internet and so on.
Jun 16 2017 07:25pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jun 17 2017 03:20am)
Objectively no, we aren't getting better.

The unsustainable bubbles of immigration, social security, medicare, Democratic inner city criminals, and now add Obamacare have helped to double the national debt over the past ten years.

We can't feel the effects yet, but the delayed sting will be deep on the standard of living of the country.

However, the far extended promise of any current hardship is that the suffering usually creates a future generation that is more equipped to fix the problems. The generation after us will likely be better off than us, even if we have to fix the baby boomers' stupidity right now.

It all depends on if we can close the borders and end the welfare state within the next twenty years.

But why is it so terribly important to destroy the welfare state? Just because you've a welfare state doesn't mean that you must open your borders to entire africa.
Gold: 1.93
Jun 17 2017 12:40am
I feel like empathy is dying.
Gold: 107.77
Jun 17 2017 12:44am
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jun 17 2017 01:40am)
I feel like empathy is dying.

I don't care what you feel :angry:
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 17 2017 01:23am
@Tjo: You've seen Hans Rosling. The world is rapidly getting better, the western world isn't as fast, yet still improving.

News showing us the worst things going on in the world is sometimes depressing.

We do need to start adapting faster to what's going on in the world.
Our migration problem and our terrorism, is laughable compared to what is going on in the world.

This post was edited by Knaapie on Jun 17 2017 01:37am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll