d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Looking For A New Netflix Show > 30 Min Episodes Or Less
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 17 2017 01:12am
Quote (WelSh @ Jun 16 2017 10:59pm)
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

edit

assuming you have similar shows on your netflix, but we have all 12 seasons available on uk netflix

I don't think every season is on Netflix, but there's A LOT of it on Netflix.

Vouch this btw, it's a great comedy.
Gold: 4.37
Jun 17 2017 05:46am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 17 2017 05:15am)
Anime

Hunter x Hunter
Death Note
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

Regular shows

The League
Trailer Park Boys
House of Cards

@ Weeds comments - Just can't even articulate how much I hated this show by the end. Every single person in it is either a tool or just fucking awful. The mom is the worst person in any show I've ever watched. I hate her more than Skyler, Marie, and Walt Jr combined.

The last 2 season's were so fucking bad and it just made no sense and had no point after Aggrestic. The first few seasons were phenomenal and I enjoyed the show a lot. I started it and finished it within a week and a half because of how hooked I was. I just can't remember a time a show left me feeling so unsatisfied and irritated by the end of it. The entire last season I just kept asking myself "Can this be over yet?". Once again, I absolutely loved the beginning and that kept me going, but it just made zero fucking sense following when they left Mexico.

The spontaneous, irrational, and abrupt decisions that Nancy makes just enforce how unstable she became after her husband's death. That's what the show is about, and that's why it continued to take the audience on this weird, psychotic adventure.

Yes, we got so angry when certain decisions were made, and rarely in the best interest in the family, but that was completely intentionally, and makes complete sense to me.
Jun 17 2017 06:56am
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Jun 17 2017 03:46am)
The spontaneous, irrational, and abrupt decisions that Nancy makes just enforce how unstable she became after her husband's death. That's what the show is about, and that's why it continued to take the audience on this weird, psychotic adventure.

Yes, we got so angry when certain decisions were made, and rarely in the best interest in the family, but that was completely intentionally, and makes complete sense to me.

SPOILERS

It made no sense because she should have already been dead, and literally every single thing she did should have gotten them killed. Shit always pisses me off in shows. They wrote themselves in a corner so hard with the whole mexico thing that they don't even fucking try. Okay, this crazy bigwig guy who NEVER gets his hands dirty goes on a cross country drive to track down his kid, knowing he could get arrested... Ya, that makes sense. Then, they fuck up so hard that they don't even go into it, oh, he got killed in the yard. Don't worry though little white lady, even though you fucked over the entire Mexican cartel and you're in jail with at least a 30% Latino population, you just walk out without a mark on you, what? The story is incredibly dumb, I'm not saying it's hard to follow what's going on in the show. It just gets to the point where every single thing that's happening is completely ridiculous and the plot is painfully bad. The plot writes itself into far too many corners and the shit they come up with is just fucking annoying. Seriously, as soon as they leave Mexico, the show is just completely fucked. Washington, Europe, Staying with grandpa, staying with creepy ass child rapist, etc.. SPOILERSSSSSSShedoes nothing but use people, including her own children, throughout the entire show and it's all for personal gain and all for the purpose of her staying a spoiled rich white lady. Oh, that's right, she only a spoiled rich white lady in the first place because she tricked some idiot into marrying her when she was pregnant with another guy's kid.

She does what is best for her, she rarely does what's best for the family. She's just fucking awful, she's incredibly selfish and by the end, I really don't think she gave a shit about anyone. Both the kids end up being complete losers, Andy is the only one you don't hate by the end of the show, and you still kinda hate him for being a fucking tool for the entire show.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jun 17 2017 07:02am
Gold: 63,142.89
Jun 17 2017 07:23am
scanned the thread, didn't see anyone mention Archer
Jun 17 2017 11:01am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 17 2017 12:56pm)
SPOILERS

It made no sense because she should have already been dead, and literally every single thing she did should have gotten them killed. Shit always pisses me off in shows. They wrote themselves in a corner so hard with the whole mexico thing that they don't even fucking try. Okay, this crazy bigwig guy who NEVER gets his hands dirty goes on a cross country drive to track down his kid, knowing he could get arrested... Ya, that makes sense. Then, they fuck up so hard that they don't even go into it, oh, he got killed in the yard. Don't worry though little white lady, even though you fucked over the entire Mexican cartel and you're in jail with at least a 30% Latino population, you just walk out without a mark on you, what? The story is incredibly dumb, I'm not saying it's hard to follow what's going on in the show. It just gets to the point where every single thing that's happening is completely ridiculous and the plot is painfully bad. The plot writes itself into far too many corners and the shit they come up with is just fucking annoying. Seriously, as soon as they leave Mexico, the show is just completely fucked. Washington, Europe, Staying with grandpa, staying with creepy ass child rapist, etc.. SPOILERSSSSSSShedoes nothing but use people, including her own children, throughout the entire show and it's all for personal gain and all for the purpose of her staying a spoiled rich white lady. Oh, that's right, she only a spoiled rich white lady in the first place because she tricked some idiot into marrying her when she was pregnant with another guy's kid.

She does what is best for her, she rarely does what's best for the family. She's just fucking awful, she's incredibly selfish and by the end, I really don't think she gave a shit about anyone. Both the kids end up being complete losers, Andy is the only one you don't hate by the end of the show, and you still kinda hate him for being a fucking tool for the entire show.

How did that feel? It seems you have had a rough June. Everything okay?

You validated my point. The show puts itself in ridiculous, seemingly implausible situations, but that was the nature of it from the start, even in aggrestic. That's the nature of the show. You may not like it because of that, but I continuously found it comical and entertaining. It's a comedy, not a serious drama. Comedy's can be as ridiculous as they want to.

This post was edited by stupidkid282 on Jun 17 2017 11:02am
Gold: 92.71
Warn: 50%
Jun 17 2017 11:52am
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Jun 17 2017 01:01pm)

You validated my point. The show puts itself in ridiculous, seemingly implausible situations, but that was the nature of it from the start, even in aggrestic. That's the nature of the show. You may not like it because of that, but I continuously found it comical and entertaining. It's a comedy, not a serious drama. Comedy's can be as ridiculous as they want to.

Why haven't you recommended 13 reasons?
Jun 17 2017 12:06pm
Quote (WhoBut_WBMason @ Jun 17 2017 05:52pm)
Why haven't you recommended 13 reasons?

It's a brilliant show, but it doesn't fit the under 30 minute criteria.

/inb4troll

This post was edited by stupidkid282 on Jun 17 2017 12:07pm
Jun 17 2017 01:12pm
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Jun 17 2017 09:01am)

It's a dramatic comedy, which tend to be on the more serious side. I haven't validated your point, because it's a matter of opinion. We can disagree and neither of us can be right or wrong, that's how opinions work. I thoroughly enjoyed the show up until the last two seasons. Actually, I disliked it before then, halfway through season 6 I had lost all interest in the show. A large part of it was how ludicrous and lazy the story and acting had gotten, but the biggest kick for me was the lack of character development. I hated Nancy more and more throughout the entire show, she had no redeeming qualities and I wanted her to die s horrible death. I felt so unsatisfied with the ending where she gets to continue breathing being the giant piece of shit she is. Also, nothing important happens in the final seasons. It's just boring...

Just a matter of opinion, and while I'm glad you and many others enjoyed it, It's not a show I would recommend, because while it was amazing for a few years, it becomes painful to watch and by the time it's painful, you feel obligated to finish the entire thing. I wish I would have enjoyed the entire thing from start to finish, but as you and many others know, I have strong opinions and I'm pretty critical when it comes to reviewing all movies and shows. It's not like I enjoy hating shows, and I can't change the way I feel about shit.

Edit - I don't see why you immediately have to start patronizing me because we have differing opinions on a show. Why is it impossible to post a negative opinion on here without everyone resorting to personal attacks on my character? I get it, if I say anything negative, I'm automatically a rage induced, depressed, no-friend having, virgin, who dwells in his parent's basement.

You've had the same terrible ego boosting quote in your signature forever. If you were actually intelligent, you wouldn't feel the need to slander someone to add validity to your point.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jun 17 2017 01:41pm
Jun 17 2017 02:14pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 17 2017 07:12pm)
It's a dramatic comedy, which tend to be on the more serious side. I haven't validated your point, because it's a matter of opinion. We can disagree and neither of us can be right or wrong, that's how opinions work. I thoroughly enjoyed the show up until the last two seasons. Actually, I disliked it before then, halfway through season 6 I had lost all interest in the show. A large part of it was how ludicrous and lazy the story and acting had gotten, but the biggest kick for me was the lack of character development. I hated Nancy more and more throughout the entire show, she had no redeeming qualities and I wanted her to die s horrible death. I felt so unsatisfied with the ending where she gets to continue breathing being the giant piece of shit she is. Also, nothing important happens in the final seasons. It's just boring...

Just a matter of opinion, and while I'm glad you and many others enjoyed it, It's not a show I would recommend, because while it was amazing for a few years, it becomes painful to watch and by the time it's painful, you feel obligated to finish the entire thing. I wish I would have enjoyed the entire thing from start to finish, but as you and many others know, I have strong opinions and I'm pretty critical when it comes to reviewing all movies and shows. It's not like I enjoy hating shows, and I can't change the way I feel about shit.

Edit - I don't see why you immediately have to start patronizing me because we have differing opinions on a show. Why is it impossible to post a negative opinion on here without everyone resorting to personal attacks on my character? I get it, if I say anything negative, I'm automatically a rage induced, depressed, no-friend having, virgin, who dwells in his parent's basement.

You've had the same terrible ego boosting quote in your signature forever. If you were actually intelligent, you wouldn't feel the need to slander someone to add validity to your point.

No, I'm literally concerned about you, I wasn't being sarcastic or anything.
Jun 17 2017 02:17pm
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Jun 17 2017 12:14pm)
No, I'm literally concerned about you, I wasn't being sarcastic or anything.

Just going to ignore the post and continue with the condescending attitude. Whatever man.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll