d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Trump Condemns Qatar For Sponsoring Terrorism > And Then Sells Them Billions In Weapons
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Jun 16 2017 03:29am

While President Trump berates Qatar for sponsoring terrorism at the highest levels, he is simultaneously authorizing the country to purchase over $21 billion of U.S. weapons.

One portion of that deal -- $12 billion for 36 F-15QA fighter jets -- was inked on Wednesday in Washington, D.C., when Qatar's Defense Minister met with U.S. Defense Secretary James Mattis.

"We are pleased to announce today the signing of the letter of offer and acceptance for the purchase of the F-15QA fighter jets, with an initial cost of $12 billion dollars," read the Qatari Defense Minister's statement on Wednesday afternoon. "We believe that this agreement will propel Qatar's ability to provide for its own security while also reducing the burden placed upon the United States military in conducting operations against violent extremism."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-sells-qatar-12-billion-arms-days-after-accusing-it-of-funding-terrorism/

Because what better way to counter terrorism than to sell weapons to the people you accuse of sponsoring it?
Gold: 24,402.34
Jun 16 2017 03:43am
That's $21 billion that isn't going to terrorists.

This post was edited by Cellmat on Jun 16 2017 03:43am
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jun 16 2017 03:45am
f-15 ? gtfo hahahaha omg idiot arabs
Gold: 22,720.48
Jun 16 2017 03:46am
Mattis is the one that signed the deal, trump was no where to be found. I found that awfully curious. I bet trump is mad he didn't get his picture taken.
Given that he was all about that saudi arabia deal that wasn't actually finalized, and some of the exchanges were set up under the previous administration, it's odd that he wasn't involved.

This deal itself was also set up under the previous administration.
It still makes him look like an idiot for condemning a country and then turning around and selling them jets. But this administration obviously doesn't care about optics.

Now the real question is, did they purposely keep him in the dark to avoid him sabotaging the deal because obama set it up, or did he actually support it? which calls into question his earlier condemnation.

This is one of those moments where he either takes credit for something obama did, or he blames it on obama and condemns it and if he truly condemns it, his own people are acting without his permission.
If he accepts it, he's taking credit for someone else's work(not that it hasn't stopped him before) wonder which way that's going to fall.

This post was edited by Arsenic_Touch on Jun 16 2017 04:12am
Gold: 2,570.91
Jun 16 2017 04:53am
Quote (the_rest @ 16 Jun 2017 11:45)
f-15 ? gtfo hahahaha omg idiot arabs

They are satisfied with the results they've achieved with Boeing built aircrafts in the past...

edit: I made this comment thinking this was between the US and Saudi Arabia, my bad. I had several tabs open and I had just been talking about the selling of weapons to the saudis in another site, so I got sloppy and made this silly mistake even when the title, video and text is very clear that this is about Qatar. I had read this thread about an hour ago before commenting.

In any case, this is obviously another ridiculous act of hypocrisy. And it's alarming that countries are dealing with Qatar while there's still no confirmation on whether or not they've backed or are backing terrorist cells.

This post was edited by zarkadon on Jun 16 2017 05:18am
Gold: 57.00
Jun 16 2017 05:33am
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ 16 Jun 2017 05:46)

ty ty

This is a #fakenews headline by CBS (colluding broadcasting station) and topic made off of it

This post was edited by excellence on Jun 16 2017 05:33am
Gold: 1.00
Jun 16 2017 09:51pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Jun 16 2017 02:46am)
Mattis is the one that signed the deal, trump was no where to be found. I found that awfully curious. I bet trump is mad he didn't get his picture taken.
Given that he was all about that saudi arabia deal that wasn't actually finalized, and some of the exchanges were set up under the previous administration, it's odd that he wasn't involved.

It still makes him look like an idiot for condemning a country and then turning around and selling them jets. But this administration obviously doesn't care about optics.

Now the real question is, did they purposely keep him in the dark to avoid him sabotaging the deal because obama set it up, or did he actually support it? which calls into question his earlier condemnation.

This is one of those moments where he either takes credit for something obama did, or he blames it on obama and condemns it and if he truly condemns it, his own people are acting without his permission.
If he accepts it, he's taking credit for someone else's work(not that it hasn't stopped him before) wonder which way that's going to fall.

As Commander in Chief it is within his authority to block such deals, but considering his investments in military contractors like Raytheon, why would he?
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 18 2017 02:14am
I condemn the US and NATO, to create chaos in the middle east and supplying weapons to terrorist regimes keeping the region in decline and ofc. sponsoring terrorism.

It's the only way to get cheap oil and sell a lot of weapons !

This post was edited by Knaapie on Jun 18 2017 02:17am
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
Jun 18 2017 02:41am
He obviously ment he covfefes them of terrorism
Gold: 1,234.56
Jun 18 2017 06:07pm
Quote (Tuna_BeIIy @ Jun 18 2017 03:41am)
He obviously ment he covfefes them of terrorism

:rofl:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll