d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Mouse Keeps Jumping - No Cats Inside
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 84.10
Jun 19 2017 06:18pm
Quote (DCSS @ Jun 17 2017 05:06am)
higher latency, higher post-processing, susceptibility to interference, needing batteries at all, security issues (it's fucking easy to intercept keystrokes from a wireless device), pretty damn hard to find good mechanical keyboards so most of the time you'll be using garbage peanut butter bottlecap switches aka membrane.

The real question is, what are the advantages to wireless peripherals? Who is dragging their keyboard and mouse around away from their monitor, and why? It can make sense with a headset, you might want to go in the other room and do something while still being in a skype or something without dragging your computer with you. You don't need monitor for that, and the security risk is minimal; nothing important has ever been verbally said over a VOIP, at least relative to a keyboard.

Wireless makes no sense for keyboards which sit statically, and little with mouse. There's of course a small argument to be made for mice since wires can catch on shit, but I don't even find the risk of taking control of someone elses computer or someone else taking control of yours (if you're in an apartment/building/tight neighborhood) which is a relatively small risk to begin with to be worth applying such a non-solution as wireless since there's many ways to make the wire seem nonexistent even at low dpi's.

I've also heard things like wired mice have more precision but I didn't mention that because to me it's just hearsay. Haven't seen any of the claims backed up by objective comparisons between two mice, wired and non, that are sporting the exact same sensor. It seems plausible, though, for the same reason packet loss and ping spiking has always, ALWAYS been higher for me when I've used wifi instead of ethernet.

seriously latency isnt really an issue now days compared to a decade ago
batteries arent really issue on g602 n 403
all that other tinfoil hat shit lol but whatever floats your boat lol
wired keyboard on htpc? fyi massdrop have had many bt mechs, cant remember the names though

This post was edited by yupitsmeh on Jun 19 2017 06:22pm
Gold: 6.76
Jun 20 2017 01:40am
got the replacement one from amazon, same model, same problem. im turning insane lol.
Gold: 10,655.00
Jun 20 2017 01:52am

I use the Logitech M100. Zero defects. :D
Gold: 84.10
Jun 20 2017 06:44am
Quote (POL1Z1STENS0HN @ Jun 20 2017 02:40am)
got the replacement one from amazon, same model, same problem. im turning insane lol.

might be one of your settings
I jsut fixed mine with reinstalling logitech software and then after saving settings I uninstalled the software
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll